• Views 4,476,947
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

kumpandjill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just want to make sure here... forgive me if someone feels like they're reiterating.

There are some DS models that are vulnerable to a software exploit (custom firmware, emulated NAND, and a copy of that one game or a SKY3DS emulating it)...
.... and there are some DS models that are vulnerable to a hardware (flash cart works right out of the box)

Am I correct? If so, which DS models fall into which category?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, how are you, I'm having a problem with a friend of mine's 3ds. He has Firmware 9.7 and Tubehax,
is there anyway to launch the GW launcher on this firmware to format his Emunand? Thanks

If he's on Sysnand 9.7, he can't use Gateway at all. There's no Emunand beyond 9.2 Sys.

If it's his Emunand that's on 9.7, he needs to launch Gateway from Sysnand to format.

So I just want to make sure here... forgive me if someone feels like they're reiterating.

There are some DS models that are vulnerable to a software exploit (custom firmware, emulated NAND, and a copy of that one game or a SKY3DS emulating it)...
.... and there are some DS models that are vulnerable to a hardware (flash cart works right out of the box)

Am I correct? If so, which DS models fall into which category?

Above 9.2 Firmware, if you want to play roms, there's only the Sky3ds and it's clones.

9.2 firmware and lower you can use Gateway / Sky3ds - Cfw - ect.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
If he's on Sysnand 9.7, he can't use Gateway at all. There's no Emunand beyond 9.2 Sys.

If it's his Emunand that's on 9.7, he needs to launch Gateway from Sysnand to format.

Ah ok I tought so, he has 9.7 Sysnand. He also has an original 3DS on 6.1.0.10 but when I try to run
Ninjhax it opens up the browser instead and then crashes. I can't run Homebrew menu at all..do
you know if there's anything I can do for this one? He can't change his firmware because he would
lose all save files on Sysnand. Do you know what to do in this case?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok I tought so, he has 9.7 Sysnand. He also has an original 3DS on 6.1.0.10 but when I try to run
Ninjhax it opens up the browser instead and then crashes. I can't run Homebrew menu at all..do
you know if there's anything I can do for this one? He can't change his firmware because he would
lose all save files on Sysnand. Do you know what to do in this case?

Sorry, not familiar enough with the O3DS, someone else will have to get you. :)

kumpandjill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, and in regards to Nintendo fighting the Sky3DS and its clones by requiring all new games to be shipped with protection.... this is just the latest in the battle between Nintendo and flash carts, correct? Users should expect this to be circumvented at some unknown point in the future?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, and in regards to Nintendo fighting the Sky3DS and its clones by requiring all new games to be shipped with protection.... this is just the latest in the battle between Nintendo and flash carts, correct? Users should expect this to be circumvented at some unknown point in the future?

Pretty sure the consensus is that Sky3ds will have to develop and ship out a new version of the Sky3ds if they want to circumvent the new anti piracy features.

kumpandjill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what about the software exploit? Was that a flash-in-the-pan type thing that we shouldn't expect to happen again? It's not like the exploit has broken the console wide open and ushered in a new era.. like what happened with the PSP?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what about the software exploit? Was that a flash-in-the-pan type thing that we shouldn't expect to happen again? It's not like the exploit has broken the console wide open and ushered in a new era.. like what happened with the PSP?

A new exploit for 9.3+ needs to be found and made public before cfw can be used beyond 9.2 firmware.
Iirc we'd need the actual encryption keys for the 3ds before anything like the psps cfw comes around, which is highly unlikely to happen.

diowolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get the header from a patched rom .3DZ (patched for gateway online) and use it with Sky3DS template?

It would diminish my chances of getting banned online, right?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get the header from a patched rom .3DZ (patched for gateway online) and use it with Sky3DS template?

It would diminish my chances of getting banned online, right?

If it's a .3dz with header already injected, it's still a public header.
If it's a .3dz that you injected your own private header into, you can take the header from it and inject it into your Sky3ds Template file.

Can I dump/restore 3DS game saves on 9.9 with Iron/Tubehax or is that still only on 9.5 and less with the Spider exploit?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

diowolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen some people selling their headers, I don't know how reliable this is or if you need one for
every game, but that's another option...

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen some people selling their headers, I don't know how reliable this is or if you need one for
every game, but that's another option...

You should only need one header for every game (If some games require a different manufacturer ID other than what your header has, you should be able to just change it without a problem)
As long as you get it from a trusted user, it should be fine. It's just a matter of that user only selling the header once; keeping their word.

Reactions: diowolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@