• Views 4,464,459
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an old 3DS with Gateway. 4.5 base, 9.9 EmuNAND (latest system update I believe). Many of my titles prompt me to update, and let me download from the eShop, but the content doesn't seem to save on the system. It just asks me to redownload on next launch, like it never got it the first time. Any ideas as to why this might be?
Is it failing when the bar is almost full or is it completely installing, but nothing is happening? Have you installed patches for the games your trying to update as cias before?

Ok, I am researching rxtools and think I figured out most of it. Once rxtools is installed, and I install a dlc to emunand, rxtools will let me launch a retail cart and it will use the dlc in emunand? Will it still use the old save from sysnand? Also, I read I need to install GBA games to both sysnand and emunand for them to work in emunand. If I do this, will these GBA games work from the gateway emunand as well? Thanks again for the help!!
Yes, installing the DLC in emuNAND should let you use them with a retail cart in rx mode. Gateway still lacks agb_firm support, so GBA games will not work in GW emuNAND.

phogasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed rxtools and games run fine. But everytime i put the 3ds to sleep, the 3ds wont wake up. is this normal for rxtools?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've installed rxtools and games run fine. But everytime i put the 3ds to sleep, the 3ds wont wake up. is this normal for rxtools?
Which version of rxTools are you using? On 2.6 I've never had that happen. Does that happen when you're not booted in rxTools as well?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it failing when the bar is almost full or is it completely installing, but nothing is happening? Have you installed patches for the games your trying to update as cias before?

Yes, installing the DLC in emuNAND should let you use them with a retail cart in rx mode. Gateway still lacks agb_firm support, so GBA games will not work in GW emuNAND.
It's completing. No errors or fail outs.

No, I have never installed any game CIA. Only a few CIAs of systools like BBB.

As for patches. I installed some for Fire Emblem way back when as CIA for DLC, but nothing else.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
That's odd. In emuNAND if you go to system settings > data management > 3DS does it show anything installed there?
There doesn't seem to be any indication of the software updates anywhere in the data management menus.

EDIT: I should clarify. Anything in the past I downloaded is there and is fine. Anything recently, is not.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There doesn't seem to be any indication of the software updates anywhere in the data management menus.

EDIT: I should clarify. Anything in the past I downloaded is there and is fine. Anything recently, is not.
That's really strange. The only thing I can think of trying is backing up the contents of your 3DS's SD and backing up your emuNAND with emuNAND tool then formatting emuNAND. Try downloading the updates on the freshly formatted emuNAND and see if you are still having an issue. If you're not having an issue anymore, restore the contents of your SD and restore your emuNAND with emuNAND tool, then see if it will work after that.

zer01717

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, long time lurker! I have a few questions:

1.) When I boot into Gateway Emunand through the DS profile exploit am I correct in thinking its a different Emunand then when booting into rxTools through the browser exploit? Are they the same?

2.) If I install the DS profile exploit for rxTools, how do I enter into the Gateway menu? Do I just swap the launcher on the sd card?

3.) Whenever I boot into either Gateway Emunand or rxTools Emunand my home screen layout changes, and I have to load the saved layout. Not a big issue, just a minor inconvenience i guess. Any way for it to automatically load my layout upon boot?

4.) Can I do the ninjahax exploit with a Gateway instead of a sky3DS or Cubic Ninja?

*I have an O3DS with a Gateway on 4.5 sysNand and 9.9.0-26 Emunand (both Gateway and rxTools).

Thanks

Samman09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for me to able to play Super Smash Bros on my Gateway with 9.2 emunand with all the DLCS included because when I try to I get a black screen and my system has to restart.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw is it safe to update my emunand....

Golui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a 2DS, running 6.1 sysNAND and I'm running into a somewhat of a weird issue with emuNAND. After creating my emuNAND (Fresh, nothing edited/installed/modified), I cannot load it using Gateway's "Boot into Classic Mode". Simply booting with rxTools it also fails. HOWEVER, if I press the 'R' button during rxTools loading, and launch through the menu there, it works fine.

The reason I want to launch it through Classic Mode through Gateway is so I can use sysUpdater on my emuNAND. There is also the question of me probably migrating to cakesFW soon, and I'd like to have that problem sorted before that.

In any case, I could live with that. IF nobody knows a solution, I'd really appreciate if somebody gave me some concrete information about updating the 3DS with 3DNUS, such as whether I overwrite existing titles, or just install new ones.

Thank you all in advance.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2DS, running 6.1 sysNAND and I'm running into a somewhat of a weird issue with emuNAND. After creating my emuNAND (Fresh, nothing edited/installed/modified), I cannot load it using Gateway's "Boot into Classic Mode". Simply booting with rxTools it also fails. HOWEVER, if I press the 'R' button during rxTools loading, and launch through the menu there, it works fine.

The reason I want to launch it through Classic Mode through Gateway is so I can use sysUpdater on my emuNAND. There is also the question of me probably migrating to cakesFW soon, and I'd like to have that problem sorted before that.

In any case, I could live with that. IF nobody knows a solution, I'd really appreciate if somebody gave me some concrete information about updating the 3DS with 3DNUS, such as whether I overwrite existing titles, or just install new ones.

Thank you all in advance.
I don't know if this is the same problem but I have a really really low success rate when I try to boot into EmuNAND (Gateway mode or Classic mode) and what helped me was to wait a little longer in the GW menu before selecting an option. but if classic mode just doesn't work 100% of the time then that's weird. I'd attribute it to the firmware it's on. if emunand is still on 6.1 then launch it in Gateway mode and try upgrading it to 9.2+

EDIT: yeah ok I've used 3DNUS to upgrade before and it doesn't matter if you overwrite titles that weren't updated. provided you know how to get the CIAs, but them all into one folder then on your 3DS use the 'install all' option. i mean if you wanna speed up the process you could check what titles have changed between your source and desired firmware, up to you

--

Anyway guys I have a question. on my N3DS my NANDs are linked (8.1 sys, 9.4 Emu) whereas on my O3DS XL they're unlinked (9.2 sys, 9.9 Emu) and I just wanna know why everyone with linked NANDs complains about having to unwrap CIAs when that's literally never happened to me

Is there a specific trigger or does it happen randomly? Also when that happens does the save data disappear? Apart from the unwrapping thing are there really any benefits to unlinking bc I seem to be able to use my N3DS and O3DS in the same ways

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Went through the process of installing custom firmware which went fine and iIbacked up my nand. However half asleep this morning, I thought I was in emunand but wasn't and have updated to latest 9.9. Am iscrewed for now or can I do anything with my backup and r4i Deluxe?

Thanks in advance

Golui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't know if this is the same problem but I have a really really low success rate when I try to boot into EmuNAND (Gateway mode or Classic mode) and what helped me was to wait a little longer in the GW menu before selecting an option. but if classic mode just doesn't work 100% of the time then that's weird. I'd attribute it to the firmware it's on. if emunand is still on 6.1 then launch it in Gateway mode and try upgrading it to 9.2+

EDIT: yeah ok I've used 3DNUS to upgrade before and it doesn't matter if you overwrite titles that weren't updated. provided you know how to get the CIAs, but them all into one folder then on your 3DS use the 'install all' option. i mean if you wanna speed up the process you could check what titles have changed between your source and desired firmware, up to you

--

Anyway guys I have a question. on my N3DS my NANDs are linked (8.1 sys, 9.4 Emu) whereas on my O3DS XL they're unlinked (9.2 sys, 9.9 Emu) and I just wanna know why everyone with linked NANDs complains about having to unwrap CIAs when that's literally never happened to me

Is there a specific trigger or does it happen randomly? Also when that happens does the save data disappear? Apart from the unwrapping thing are there really any benefits to unlinking bc I seem to be able to use my N3DS and O3DS in the same ways

The emunand ended up being bricked. Right after the update, I had a ton of AR Games clones. I checked system settings, said 9.9. The emunand did not boot after that. I did however get a bunch of "Already exists" errors in FBI, even after confirming to delete the original titles. I already tried it twice, and twice the emunand got bricked. Is i perhaps an issue that I'm on rxMode?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The emunand ended up being bricked. Right after the update, I had a ton of AR Games clones. I checked system settings, said 9.9. The emunand did not boot after that. I did however get a bunch of "Already exists" errors in FBI, even after confirming to delete the original titles. I already tried it twice, and twice the emunand got bricked. Is i perhaps an issue that I'm on rxMode?
Wow, what... that's not supposed to happen

are you sure you installed the right region?

putamierda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi all, I have a new3DS and an european Zelda OOT, I've tried to perform it's exploit, but I keep getting the error "corrupted save game".
I've tried the two different saves from the post in this forum with no avail, how can I progress?
Thanks in advance!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dark clouds in my area