• Views 4,553,021
  • Replies 53,804
  • Likes 43

Chorjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Thorasgar for your quick response.

Ive been reading the PBT thread which they can install the CIA on to the sys nand instead of the SD and it seems one member reported getting Smash Brothers working on this firmware as I added his comments below. If it works for him on that CFW would it be possible to get it working on Palentine.

"""I can confirm Super Smash Bros EU CIA works installed on this CFW to sysnand then backed up SYSNAND and injected to EMUNAND .
Used rxTools to run EMUNAND and upgraded to 9.2.0-8E with game (coocking mama-bon appetit) ;) (probably will work to updated to 9.5)

This title make today set of 5 working Cia without any flash card and CFW (CFW is only need to set it up: install BBM and install CIA to sysnand)""""

etaoin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. I have an old 3DS XL running 4.5.0-10. I want to update this to something between 9.0-9.2 but no further, what's the best way of doing this?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Thorasgar for your quick response.

Ive been reading the PBT thread which they can install the CIA on to the sys nand instead of the SD and it seems one member reported getting Smash Brothers working on this firmware as I added his comments below. If it works for him on that CFW would it be possible to get it working on Palentine.

"""I can confirm Super Smash Bros EU CIA works installed on this CFW to sysnand then backed up SYSNAND and injected to EMUNAND .
Used rxTools to run EMUNAND and upgraded to 9.2.0-8E with game (coocking mama-bon appetit) ;) (probably will work to updated to 9.5)

This title make today set of 5 working Cia without any flash card and CFW (CFW is only need to set it up: install BBM and install CIA to sysnand)""""
I wont say it is impossible, but I have never heard of any game above 4.5 running on Palantine.
The reason smash is running with pbt is it is a universal cia and there are not many of those.

Hey. I have an old 3DS XL running 4.5.0-10. I want to update this to something between 9.0-9.2 but no further, what's the best way of doing this?
3DNUS

Collibot

Trophies
XP
Country
So im pretty new to the Gateway 3DS scene ... i read up on most things but im still puzzled about some others. Hopefully i can get some insight(thanks in advance)
Starting at the top here,I live in Australia and own a US 3ds xl running 9.2.0-20u.I have updated emunand and it is currently at GW3D9.7.0-25u.
1.At my current firmware, is there an alternate way to boot gateway mode,looking for an internetless way. (I do the "http://go.gateway-3ds.com" internet boot everytime)

2.I have ripped a copy of monster hunter 4 ultimate from a aus/pal/eu retail cart and copied it to my micro sd. Upon Launching it i get the 3ds boot then a blackscreen for a while then a message
saying saying an error has occurred,turn off 3ds. people say download the cia update?i don't really know, im kinda lost.Help me out please

Chorjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wont say it is impossible, but I have never heard of any game above 4.5 running on Palantine.
The reason smash is running with pbt is it is a universal cia and there are not many of those.

3DNUS

Thanks Again, sorry, what is a Universal CIA, would it be possible for me to get mine to work from a rip of the cart..I don't own a gateway or similar

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im pretty new to the Gateway 3DS scene ... i read up on most things but im still puzzled about some others. Hopefully i can get some insight(thanks in advance)
Starting at the top here,I live in Australia and own a US 3ds xl running 9.2.0-20u.I have updated emunand and it is currently at GW3D9.7.0-25u.
1.At my current firmware, is there an alternate way to boot gateway mode,looking for an internetless way. (I do the "http://go.gateway-3ds.com" internet boot everytime)

2.I have ripped a copy of monster hunter 4 ultimate from a aus/pal/eu retail cart and copied it to my micro sd. Upon Launching it i get the 3ds boot then a blackscreen for a while then a message
saying saying an error has occurred,turn off 3ds. people say download the cia update?i don't really know, im kinda lost.Help me out please
1) One way is to use the downgrade function to bring your sysNand back down to 4.x. Since you mentioned your emuNand is running 9.7, you are using an Old 3DS, so downgrading is possible. This does have the downside of breaking saves for certain games, however. I believe the mset.cia from Gateway is only for the New 3DS.

2) I don't know if having the update will solve your issue. You could also try installing a CIA version of it. You should be able to find the update on the same site you download your other files. If you can't find a CIA version of the game itself there as well, I believe there are tools to convert between .3DS and .CIA.

Collibot

Trophies
XP
Country
1) One way is to use the downgrade function to bring your sysNand back down to 4.x. Since you mentioned your emuNand is running 9.7, you are using an Old 3DS, so downgrading is possible. This does have the , however. I believe the mset.cia from Gateway is only for the New 3DS.

2) I don't know if having the update will solve your issue. You could also try installing a CIA version of it. You should be able to find the update on the same site you download your other files. If you can't find a CIA version of the game itself there as well, I believe there are tools to convert between .3DS and .CIA.

I read into it, the 3DS profile L trigger exploit?, seems like what im looking for.What is this "downside of breaking saves for certain games?" sounds annoying.

As for the MHU4 problem i downloaded the update though it might be from the US e-shop as i own a US 3DS so im guessing there's incompatibility issues with my PAL Rom of MH4U. So i guess ill try and install a cia file and see if that works.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read into it, the 3DS profile L trigger exploit?, seems like what im looking for.What is this "downside of breaking saves for certain games?" sounds annoying.

As for the MHU4 problem i downloaded the update though it might be from the US e-shop as i own a US 3DS so im guessing there's incompatibility issues with my PAL Rom of MH4U. So i guess ill try and install a cia file and see if that works.
The PAL/US difference might be the cause of the issue.

The exploit from downgrading allows you to access the Launcher through the "Nintendo DS Profile" option in System Settings. Version 4.x of the menu had a bug where certain data in the profile would cause it to execute code. Then, with the correct data installed into the NVRAM Profile, that code that gets executed runs the launcher. So with the downgrade and profile together, going to System Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile will cause it to boot the launcher the same as the browser page. Holding L when selecting that will bring up the Launcher menu instead of booting emuNand automatically.

My understanding of the save game breaking is this: It happens because certain games use an encryption method introduced around 6.x, and so when you downgrade your sysNand, Gateway continues to use the old encryption even on a newer emuNand. This causes those games to see their save data as invalid and corrupt. I downgraded before doing much of anything else, so I didn't run into this issue myself. I believe there are guides on the subject, and I think it might be possible to use SaveDataFiler to extract the saves before downgrading, and re-inject them after downgrading, but I don't know for certain. My understanding of the issue could also be flawed.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Again, sorry, what is a Universal CIA, would it be possible for me to get mine to work from a rip of the cart..I don't own a gateway or similar
It is a rip of a game that came pre-installed on a 3DS, given mass production techniques it is not signed to a specific console.

This thread is in the "sticky" section at the top of this sub forum. You really need to read the other threads there, at least the first post. The information they contain is very valuable and stuff everyone needs to know. One level up is also 3 or 4 page tutorial section with lots of how to posts. Without having a solid knowledge base about some essential topics you are likely to make some costly mistakes,

Reactions: Margen67

jcd89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, is there currently any card that allows playing DS games on latest firmware 3DS XL consoles? Like the ones you can buy from Amazon. The info from http://r4ids.cn/news.htm are kinda confusing ("R4i Gold 3DS supports the newest 3DS V9.7.0-25 directly !"), I think they talking about EmuNAND and not about SysNAND, can anyone clear that for me?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is there currently any card that allows playing DS games on latest firmware 3DS XL consoles? Like the ones you can buy from Amazon. The info from http://r4ids.cn/news.htm are kinda confusing ("R4i Gold 3DS supports the newest 3DS V9.7.0-25 directly !"), I think they talking about EmuNAND and not about SysNAND, can anyone clear that for me?
From what I can see on the site, it seems to be a clone of the Gateway card, and the manuals are out of date. I would suggest doing more research before purchasing that card.

As for playing DS games, if you are able to install .cia files, you can install bluecardfix.cia from Gateway or FlashCardTimeWarp.cia to enable DS flash cards to be used again.

jcd89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple questions about FlashCard Timewarp. I'm using an o3DSXL 9.2.0

First, How can I find out the compatability with certain cards? Specifically, I have the old Supercard DS One i and it has the latest update (the manufacturer's website claims that the latest update makes it usable up to 3DS FW 4.4.0-10)

Second, can it be run in emuNAND? I don't want to install it to my sysNAND. I'm looking to actually use it for games, not just creating an exploit, and I want to keep my sysNAND 100% unhacked.

Third, I don't have a gateway, but a friend does (although I have managed to make an emuNAND using the gateway web exploit and booting into it with rxTools). Can I borrow his Gateway, boot into emuNAND, install flashcardtimewarp.cia (using BBM.3ds), and then run my old SuperCard using rxMode emuNAND (since it's his Gateway, not mine).

So, to sum it all up.. Can I install FlashcardTimewarp.cia with a gateway in emuNAND and run DS games on my SuperCard DS One i with the rxTools web exploit (without a gateway)? I'm looking to use my card for its intended purpose.

MrCheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the past, I downgraded from 9.2 to 4.5 using the gateway menu. If I've formatted my SysNAND since then, is it still safe to restore my original NAND.bin backup using the gateway menu?

EDIT: Can confirm it works.

Reactions: cvskid

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That group makes 2 cards. The DS mode flashcart r4i Gold 3DS and it indeed will work on old and new 3DS without flashcarttimewarp, up through the latest sysnand from Nintendo. They also make a gateway clone called the R4i gold DELUXE EDITION for 3DS games. That card requires 4.5 and is rather useless now because they just stole gateway software and gateway has now made it difficult or impossible for the clones to copy and use their code so there have been no updates to the card. Of course there being no honor amoung theives they still sell it to unsuspecting noobs.

The DS mode flashcart is solid and I own 3 of them. Probably the best available at the moment given the DSTwo is unavailable.

In the past, I downgraded from 9.2 to 4.5 using the gateway menu. If I've formatted my SysNAND since then, is it still safe to restore my original NAND.bin backup using the gateway menu?

I take it your original NAND.bin is 9.2 and you are currently on 4.5? If so the answer is yes but what I am not sure about is the button press required when you select downgrade in the gateway menu, because you are really upgrading.
Is this so you can use Pasta?

I have a couple questions about FlashCard Timewarp. I'm using an o3DSXL 9.2.0

First, How can I find out the compatability with certain cards? Specifically, I have the old Supercard DS One i and it has the latest update (the manufacturer's website claims that the latest update makes it usable up to 3DS FW 4.4.0-10)

Second, can it be run in emuNAND? I don't want to install it to my sysNAND. I'm looking to actually use it for games, not just creating an exploit, and I want to keep my sysNAND 100% unhacked.

Third, I don't have a gateway, but a friend does (although I have managed to make an emuNAND using the gateway web exploit and booting into it with rxTools). Can I borrow his Gateway, boot into emuNAND, install flashcardtimewarp.cia (using BBM.3ds), and then run my old SuperCard using rxMode emuNAND (since it's his Gateway, not mine).

So, to sum it all up.. Can I install FlashcardTimewarp.cia with a gateway in emuNAND and run DS games on my SuperCard DS One i with the rxTools web exploit (without a gateway)? I'm looking to use my card for its intended purpose.

DS mode flashcarts will not run under emunand. So you might be able to install flashcarttimewarp to emunand but it is pointless.

Make a NAND backup and then install it. You should have a NAND backup anyway.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a noob at all... but a bit perplexed about having two emunands.

I have a 32GB card used for CFW and an 8GB card I use for legit EUR CIA stuff. What I want to do is have a second nand on the 32GB card that is based off of my 4.5 US nand and use that as a base to install a bunch of legit CIAs and then upgrade to 9.7 using rxTools. Can I just add a second partition or will I need to format the entire card? How does this work? Sorry, couldn't find much just browsing the forum. Thank you for the help!

Collibot

Trophies
XP
Country
hello again, I tried downgrading my console and before i start i get a message saying a "fatal error has occured" i backed up my system nand and have the .dg on the root of my sd. What else could be wrong?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That group makes 2 cards. The DS mode flashcart r4i Gold 3DS and it indeed will work on old and new 3DS without flashcarttimewarp, up through the latest sysnand from Nintendo. They also make a gateway clone called the R4i gold DELUXE EDITION for 3DS games. That card requires 4.5 and is rather useless now because they just stole gateway software and gateway has now made it difficult or impossible for the clones to copy and use their code so there have been no updates to the card. Of course there being no honor amoung theives they still sell it to unsuspecting noobs.

The DS mode flashcart is solid and I own 3 of them. Probably the best available at the moment given the DSTwo is unavailable.

I take it your original NAND.bin is 9.2 and you are currently on 4.5? If so the answer is yes but what I am not sure about is the button press required when you select downgrade in the gateway menu, because you are really upgrading.
Is this so you can use Pasta?

DS mode flashcarts will not run under emunand. So you might be able to install flashcarttimewarp to emunand but it is pointless.

Make a NAND backup and then install it. You should have a NAND backup anyway.

I do have a NAND backup, but I don't think I have a way to restore NAND. Is there something in the gateway exploit that I missed? Aside from that, there doesn't seem to be much documentation of flashcardtimewarp.cia. It's an older firmware's whitelist, right? Could I just use 3DNus and just flash the old 2.0.0 firmware's whitelist? That way I'm sure to have the absolute oldest? Also, what about TWL_FIRM? Can I flash that, too, in case it's TWL_FIRM and not the whitelist that's blocking the cart? I did a fairly diligent google search and found nothing about other people using the same cart and flashcardtimewarp. No good news, no bad news.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a NAND backup, but I don't think I have a way to restore NAND. Is there something in the gateway exploit that I missed? Aside from that, there doesn't seem to be much documentation of flashcardtimewarp.cia. It's an older firmware's whitelist, right? Could I just use 3DNus and just flash the old 2.0.0 firmware's whitelist? That way I'm sure to have the absolute oldest? Also, what about TWL_FIRM? Can I flash that, too, in case it's TWL_FIRM and not the whitelist that's blocking the cart? I did a fairly diligent google search and found nothing about other people using the same cart and flashcardtimewarp. No good news, no bad news.

I don't know much about flashcarttimewarp as I have never had the need for it, I just know it exists and is installed to sysnand.

You don't need a gateway to make a sysnand backup or restore sysnand, just the launcher, be on an exploitable fw and have the means to run that exploit. The red card is only necessary for booting into emunand. The steps to restore your NAND are documented in the official GW user manual. (Hold up on dpad and press A at downgrade menu)

http://maxconsole.com/maxconsole_files/v3.2.1-New3DS.pdf

hello again, I tried downgrading my console and before i start i get a message saying a "fatal error has occured" i backed up my system nand and have the .dg on the root of my sd. What else could be wrong?
Make sure you are using the correct region downgrade file. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @TimeMaster, what happenned?