• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an o3DSXL on 9.2.0 and I can't get emuNAND to boot. I don't have a gateway, but I still wanted to play around with the stuff available here. I tried botting classic mode from the gateway exploit and it hangs. I tried booting rxMode from rxTools web exploit and that hangs.

I even reformatted my sysNAND and then reformatted emuNAND on the card, and it still doesn't boot. Not sure why since the two .dat files (launcher and rxtools) are there on the card.

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an o3DSXL on 9.2.0 and I can't get emuNAND to boot. I don't have a gateway, but I still wanted to play around with the stuff available here. I tried botting classic mode from the gateway exploit and it hangs. I tried booting rxMode from rxTools web exploit and that hangs.

I even reformatted my sysNAND and then reformatted emuNAND on the card, and it still doesn't boot. Not sure why since the two .dat files (launcher and rxtools) are there on the card.

Rxtools should work. The orhers wont work without gateway. I assume youve the rxtools.dat and are running the browser exploit through the rxtools link and not the gateway link in your browser. That was the mistake i initially made.

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there support for dual emunand launching and somehow selecting the one you want. Example being, sysnand, gateway emunand for wares, rxtools for legit, foreign emunand for kicks and giggles? If so, i havent found a decent guide on it and would love some direction. Thanks.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way I can launch rxtools offline, like using the Go! Gateway app for Android? I launched Gateway 3.0 using that app, but I don't have an internet connection.

http://launch.rxtools.net/

yes, there is
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-gateway-3ds-loader-android.378234/

and if you would shell out extra cash, consider this http://www.toshiba.com/us/wifi-memory-cards
go exploit on the go directly from the 3ds

Is there support for dual emunand launching and somehow selecting the one you want. Example being, sysnand, gateway emunand for wares, rxtools for legit, foreign emunand for kicks and giggles? If so, i havent found a decent guide on it and would love some direction. Thanks.

there is some way to use multiple emunand, but only supported by cfw
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-multi-emunand-creator.381603/

Reactions: Margen67

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rxtools should work. The orhers wont work without gateway. I assume youve the rxtools.dat and are running the browser exploit through the rxtools link and not the gateway link in your browser. That was the mistake i initially made.

Right. I have rxtools.dat and firmware.bin on my big SD card's root. It's fat32 format. I go to launch.rxtools.net (or whatever). I see the rxTools menu, emuNAND is green, newkeyX (or whatever) is green. I click A for the first option "Enter RxMode" and it says it's loading, then it goes black. I've waited up to 1 whole minute, no change.

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. I have rxtools.dat and firmware.bin on my big SD card's root. It's fat32 format. I go to launch.rxtools.net (or whatever). I see the rxTools menu, emuNAND is green, newkeyX (or whatever) is green. I click A for the first option "Enter RxMode" and it says it's loading, then it goes black. I've waited up to 1 whole minute, no change.

Is the emunand clean, or does it have any not legit games/cias installed on it? I know rxtools doesn't support any pirated content, so it might not launch if you have any. Just a thought.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i know i did wrong. i'm on a 16GB card.

so let me this right.

i'm on my latest emunand on a 16GB mirco sd card adapter. so that should make smash run? am i right?

Yes. Make sure it it is formatted Fat32. How confident you have a good rom? Try a different copy.

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
To those who have the New 3ds
So i just installed a CIA via the bigbluemenu
Its really easy but its kinda tedious having to put the cia file to the mirco SD card of the new 3ds because you gotta take the back of with a screwdriver everytime you wanna put CIA into it

Is there perhaps another way which doesnt require to take our New 3ds back off every time ?
If not, then what do you do to make things less tedious ?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
So I managed to finish the mod, and get into the blue screen. So happy I didnt short my console!

Only problem is that I cant find the 3DS as a drive letter on my PC. I think my soldering is all fine as everything's working as it should, so Im guessing its the card reader (A Belkin universal media reader), would this be the most likely scenario?

http://puu.sh/hFZUD/c3a6006692.jpg

SMT-Nocturne

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Guys, i have a few questions about hacking 3ds.
first of i have a 3DS XL Ver.8.1.0-19U , Cubic Ninja Game and i want to run Gateway but in Gateway topic there is 4 types/kinds?
  • Gateway 3DS
    • R4i 3DS Gold DELUXE
    • 3DS Link
    • Orange 3DS
    • MT-Card
and in Gateway websit there is a new one "Gateway Ultra".
Which one do i need to run Gateway on my 3DS to play 3DS Roms ?

SMT-Nocturne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway 3DS is all.
Gateway Ultra is all you need.

the thing is...i found an old gateway "used/cheap" and new ones are 80$ + shipping.
i found
linker-Gateway-3ds-pour-nintendo-3ds__61948_std.jpg
and
R4-SDHC__69096_std.jpg

in my country "cheap/no need for shipping" will they work ?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the thing is...i found an old gateway "used/cheap" and new ones are 80$ + shipping.
i found
linker-Gateway-3ds-pour-nintendo-3ds__61948_std.jpg
and
R4-SDHC__69096_std.jpg

in my country "cheap/no need for shipping" will they work ?
The r4 cards you posted are DS mode only and will not play 3DS games period.
Sure you can buy a used Gateway. You will have to work out with the seller what happens if it doesn't work.

To those who have the New 3ds
So i just installed a CIA via the bigbluemenu
Its really easy but its kinda tedious having to put the cia file to the mirco SD card of the new 3ds because you gotta take the back of with a screwdriver everytime you wanna put CIA into it

Is there perhaps another way which doesnt require to take our New 3ds back off every time ?
If not, then what do you do to make things less tedious ?
Well you can use the wireless file transfer but that will take a very long time in most cases.

In don't mean to be rude but you are getting a free game and complaining about a couple of screws? Seriously?

You want to make the process of unscrewing less tedious? I don't know, hum a tune or something to pass the time. :)

Reactions: SMT-Nocturne

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the emunand clean, or does it have any not legit games/cias installed on it? I know rxtools doesn't support any pirated content, so it might not launch if you have any. Just a thought.

No, that's the whole thing about it. Even after a system format and flashing a fresh new emuNAND, I can't get into it.

Just to be clear. I need the rxtools.dat on my SD card's root, along with firmware.bin from that little .exe file, and that's it for rxTools, right?

EDIT: FIX'D IT! I was also putting the slot0x25Key.bin on the card and I guess the one I found was a broken file so it was screwing everything up. I deleted it and it works.

Reactions: tipsytoto

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Make sure it it is formatted Fat32. How confident you have a good rom? Try a different copy.

yes i have good it worked now some more questions i know i'm on 4.5 firmware but i want be on 9.2 would that be a good idea for my 3DS? i made a back nand if mess something up.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have good it worked now some more questions i know i'm on 4.5 firmware but i want be on 9.2 would that be a good idea for my 3DS? i made a back nand if mess something up.
Being on 9.2 sysNand over 4.5 wouldn't really give you any benefit. It'd be an extra hassle, because instead of using the MSET exploit (the DS Profile thing), you'd only be able to use the browser exploit. Your emuNand would be 9.7, so any features and such would be available there, and you can use emuNand in Classic Mode to play retail games if necessary. I personally see no reason to update the sysNand once you have something exploitable, but then, I don't use mine for anything other than launching the Gateway and emuNand.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not worth god damn everything is just pissing me off today... well anyway back to my question would pokebank work with gateway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo