• Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

Kaizerfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I'm buying a Sky3DS. Currently reading up on private headers and basically I need to take a physical game, extract it, find its header, then use it to modify all the ROMs I want to play? What do I use to extract it? Just any sort of dongle? Is there anything else I should know?

How good are these reseller sites about cancelling and refunding? Because I first bought a Gateway from gateway-3ds-buy before finding out it couldn't work with 9.5. And I also bought a copy of OoT from eBay and hoping the seller will refund too. ;_;

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
still no emunand 9.6 for OG 3DS ?
Nope. Check their site for the most up to date status
I wanted to ask a stupid question here instead of starting a new thread.. A very newbie-ish question, but better safe than sorry I suppose..

I am about to order a japanese smash-brothers-edition New-3DS LL, which supposedly has 8.1.0 firmware on it.. I already have gateway card, and have japanese zelda-OoT game and japanese cubic ninja game.. Only thing lacking is actual N3DS its self (and the stupid power-cord which for some unknown reason is sold seperately)..

My newbie question is this: Do special editions of 3DSs always have the same firmware?.. I'm not sure how long nintendo makes any particular special edition.. Do they just release a special edition for one day really fast and then completely stop making it?.. Or is there any chance that (for example) a smash-brothers-edition bought at a later date would have a later firmware?..
Usually. Only the zelda mm edition received 2 waves, one on 9.2, and one on 9.4. Otherwise, they are the most reliable ones.
and guess what? out of my desperation not finding the tool to do that, i ended up made one myself :grog:

it's not currently complete yet, as in it can read the current file order from the sd card, arrange files as i want (sort or manually), but still cannot write directly to sd card
it currently dumps the binary data to a file and needs to copied manually using 3rd party disk editor tool. performance also sluggish. but at least it does what i want

pnM5YlB.png
Awesome :D
You should start up a new thread, I'm sure many more people would be interested in this tool!

I have another question
I updated my linked emuNAND to 9.6.0-24 and boot using rxTools, but when I tried to access eShop, it returns error 022-2634. Trying to log in to NNID using Settings also returns the same error
Any thoughts?

Have you tried searching up the error code? I'm not too fluent in rxtools, so I suggest asking in their thread.
I have a 3ds on firmware 5.1.0-11 will the gateway work on this. And is the gateway multi region?
Yep

Alright, so I'm buying a Sky3DS. Currently reading up on private headers and basically I need to take a physical game, extract it, find its header, then use it to modify all the ROMs I want to play? What do I use to extract it? Just any sort of dongle? Is there anything else I should know?

How good are these reseller sites about cancelling and refunding? Because I first bought a Gateway from gateway-3ds-buy before finding out it couldn't work with 9.5. And I also bought a copy of OoT from eBay and hoping the seller will refund too. ;_;

I think so for the first one.

Sketchy sites rarely refund unfortunately. They're really annoying to deal with for refunds.
I don't know specifically about that site, but any I have dealt with do not reverse transactions as they will have 'already shipped it'

Good luck though

Reactions: Garou

muhammedshelleh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Check their site for the most up to date status

Usually. Only the zelda mm edition received 2 waves, one on 9.2, and one on 9.4. Otherwise, they are the most reliable ones.

You should start up a new thread, I'm sure many more people would be interested in this tool!

Have you tried searching up the error code? I'm not too fluent in rxtools, so I suggest asking in their thread.

Yep

Sketchy sites rarely refund unfortunately. They're really annoying to deal with for refunds.
I don't know specifically about that site, but any I have dealt with do not reverse transactions as they will have 'already shipped it'

Good luck though

Could you maybe teach me how to use the .cia file to arrange my SKY3DS Games on the homescreen?

Kaizerfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good luck though

I bought the stuff yesterday so it's still the weekend and they haven't shipped yet. And I saw on the gateway site that their contact page is full of people requesting order cancellations/modifications on the contact page with someone responding.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to change the name that gets displayed for CIA's in dev menu?
The ones that are already installed? No.
The ones you want to install can be though.
Is it possible to install clean CIA to N3DS 9.0.0U?
Yep
Well I do thank you for the advice! ^^ AFter doing some more reading though, I heard less problems from people formatting the sysnand, do I think I'll just do that.

But that leads to another question: Some retail games like Super Smash Brothers need an update to even load the newest save file.
When I format sysnand it will remove the current updates, along with everything else on my card. Is there a way to get the update on my formatted sysnand that is on 9.2? If I go into emunand and download the update, I still can't play it on 9.2 since they are unlinked.

So is there a way to transfer items over from unlinked emunand to unlinked sysnand, such as updates? (I do not own gateway, I am using rxtools.)
Also, would it be as easy as just copying folders over?
Create a new emunand that is linked, with another SD, DL what you want, and copy the Nintendo 3ds folder onto the main SD. Should display everything.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country

maybe later. seriously, I don't think people would use this tool if they still need to install another 3rd party app to do the disk writing manually
but if I manage to fix it, I'll consider releasing it

yep. already did
based on quick search in several forums (including nintendo's official tech forum), this could mean:

1. 3DS is unable to connect to an Access Point. umm, no. mine if perfectly connected to the internet
2. nintendo needs to check whether this NNID is linked to the system. some suggest that this could happen after unlink emuNAND, and fix it by go to sysNAND, log in with this NNID and go back to emuNAND
but in my case, this emuNAND is linked. and to log in using sysNAND, that means I have to upgrade sysNAND which is not an option

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create a new emunand that is linked, with another SD, DL what you want, and copy the Nintendo 3ds folder onto the main SD. Should display everything.

Gotcha. So I do need another SD. Grah. Alright, I was kinda hoping I would be able to stick with one.
Also, I have a dump of the sysnand from the orignal nand that was on there when I bought the 3ds. If I format it, it creates an entirely new sysnand, meaning I can't inject the old original sysnand into it if something goes wrong, correct? I'll need to dump a sysnand of the newly formatted one?

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys. I just bought a New 3DS XL version and I dont understand very much about FlashCards.
Before buy the 3DS I knew about FlashCards just to play DS games, however, it seems that there is FlashCards to play 3DS games too.

My questions are:
If a buy a Gateway Card for example, can I play all 3DS games just downloading the roms?
Do I need to unlock my device to use the FlashCard? I mean, I have to do something that will block my connection with Nintendo? Will I still be able to update the system, use e-shop and play online?
Can I use the Gateway Card for example, to do cool stuff in my 3DS? I mean, can I install emulators to play SNES, GBA, DS games, install homebrews, and watch movies using codecs?
And the last question: All procedures to use FlashCards in normal 3DS XL version are the same to the New 3DS version?

Thank you guys for your understanding. I am really new in this world.

mordorer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can i export my SAVES from "LEGIT CIAS" (installed on sysnand) to normal updated CIA, installed with gateway??

i have N3dsEu. 9.0

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I just bought a New 3DS XL version and I dont understand very much about FlashCards.
Before buy the 3DS I knew about FlashCards just to play DS games, however, it seems that there is FlashCards to play 3DS games too.

My questions are:
If a buy a Gateway Card for example, can I play all 3DS games just downloading the roms? yes
Do I need to unlock my device to use the FlashCard? I mean, I have to do something that will block my connection with Nintendo? Will I still be able to update the system, use e-shop and play online? not sure what you mean, but it is recommended to block your connection to nintendo to prevent accidental update. and that also answers the following questions, no you cannot update and use eshop. not until gateway works with firmware 9.6.0. but you can still play online
Can I use the Gateway Card for example, to do cool stuff in my 3DS? I mean, can I install emulators to play SNES, GBA, DS games, install homebrews, and watch movies using codecs? yes
And the last question: All procedures to use FlashCards in normal 3DS XL version are the same to the New 3DS version? no. the usual method for old 3ds only requires an internet connection for launch the exploit, but for new 3ds it requires official game cart of either Cubic Ninja or Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. there are other methods yes, but these ones are the most common one

Thank you guys for your understanding. I am really new in this world.

welcome to the club

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it worth getting a 4.5-9.2 3DS for homebrew?

Or is it better to wait for a 9.3+ exploit, and use a CFW or emunand (to get homebrew as well as eShop, online play and new update stuff)?

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
welcome to the club

Thanks very much man. You've helped me a lot.

By the way, I don't know what I chose between SKY3DS or Gateway. I don't have an original Zelda OoT game cart and I have the new 3DS.

I wanna play online games, but I'm afraid to use the SKY3DS because of the headers. People are saying about Nintendo bans. If Nintendo bans me, what can happen? I lose my Nintendo account? Just that?

With SKY3DS can we make update and dlcs in the games? Are we able to use e-shop normally?

Thanks guys.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks very much man. You've helped me a lot.

By the way, I don't know what I chose between SKY3DS or Gateway. I don't have an original Zelda OoT game cart and I have the new 3DS.

I wanna play online games, but I'm afraid to use the SKY3DS because of the headers. People are saying about Nintendo bans. If Nintendo bans me, what can happen? I lose my Nintendo account? Just that?

With SKY3DS can we make update and dlcs in the games? Are we able to use e-shop normally?

Thanks guys.
I'm not expert on this, but I believe both gateway and sky3ds affected by this header ban thing. you might want to read more detail here https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-begins-banning-pirates-from-3ds-online-service.381168/

yes, using sky3ds you can update your 3ds to latest version and use eshop, as well as download game updates and buy dlc. don't think you can get free (as in not paying) dlc using sky3ds
but if you ask us between gateway and sky3ds, I think most members will say gateway

Rpy360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking about importing a new 3DS from either Japan or Australia.
If I were to use the gateway (with US roms) with the Japanese console, would the game appear in English?

Because I really want a Black new 3DS but the Australian black model is ALOT more money than the white.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to use the gateway (with US roms) with the Japanese console, would the game appear in English?

Because I really want a Black new 3DS but the Australian black model is ALOT more money than the white.

What's wrong with getting a black new 3ds xl USA model?

Arkangelshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, is there a method to downgrade my 3ds on 9.4 to 9.2 so i can use the gateway flashcart ? i'm using the sky3ds right now . I dont have any back up or anything on a lower version. Do u recommend me to wait to gateway support 9.4 in order to use .cia files, etc. or just upgrade to the newest version and continue ti play with the sky3ds.

Greetings and thx for your answers

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Gotcha. So I do need another SD. Grah. Alright, I was kinda hoping I would be able to stick with one.
Also, I have a dump of the sysnand from the orignal nand that was on there when I bought the 3ds. If I format it, it creates an entirely new sysnand, meaning I can't inject the old original sysnand into it if something goes wrong, correct? I'll need to dump a sysnand of the newly formatted one?
Just one sysNAND backup is neede, no matter the amounts of formats you do. The nand is locked to the console/mobo, and works despite formats.

You could technically just create an image of the SD card, then format it, and replace the image once you are done, but it is a bit annoying to do tbh.
Is it worth getting a 4.5-9.2 3DS for homebrew?

Or is it better to wait for a 9.3+ exploit, and use a CFW or emunand (to get homebrew as well as eShop, online play and new update stuff)?
That is subjective in every way. YOU yourself must decide how much you want homebrew. If you want homebrew, then yes. I doubt a new exploit will be found anytime soon.

yes, they will play in English , but the menu will forever be in Japanese.
Hi, is there a method to downgrade my 3ds on 9.4 to 9.2 so i can use the gateway flashcart ? i'm using the sky3ds right now . I dont have any back up or anything on a lower version. Do u recommend me to wait to gateway support 9.4 in order to use .cia files, etc. or just upgrade to the newest version and continue ti play with the sky3ds.

Greetings and thx for your answers
There is no way to downgrade, if you are already at 9.4 atm. You may want to stick there, but honestly, a new exploit will take awhile to get running.

Your choice. Either buy a new 3ds on a proper firmware, or stick with the Sky3DS.

Reactions: Margen67 and Rpy360

GrecoISU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a crazy deal on a CRT-001 3DS via Craigslist but it's on 9.6.0-24U.

Assume I'm stuck and there are no options at this time?

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I have searched a lot and so far what I understood was: (Fix me if I'm wrong)

1) Sky3DS only runs .3DS files.
2) There is a way to avoid header's issues that is using .CIA games, in this case just Gateway can run.
3) To avoid the header's issues in Sky3DS we have to dump the room, getting a private header.

Okay, after search a lot, I almost decided to go with Sky3DS. It's easier to use and also I have a New Nintendo 3DS and the exploit needs a original cartridge of Zelda OoT', which I don't have it.
Therefore, I didn't understand the procedures to dumper a rom.
My question is: Can I get a private header from Mario Kart 7 for example, and use the header in Smash Bros? Or the header and the game must be the same?

Thanks guys.

Edit: Also, is there problem if I do not dump the rom and play in local multiplayer, not online? Can I get banned in the same way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...