• Views 4,464,118
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but I just dumped a bunch of carts on my gateway, I noticed some of the larger carts got split in to two files .3d0 and .3d1, how do I merge these back together to one rom so I can generate a CIA from them (Plus I prefer one file per dump). Or is there another way to dump carts that avoids this?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm ready to setup my 'new' 3DS w GWay/cubic ninja, but i'd still like to use my old gen 3ds as well, since I have game saves on there, and I like not having to mess with loading another game/cart swapping. (old GWay made me lazy) Figure the new 3ds will be for xenoblade, MH4, any 'new 3ds ONLY' requirement games.

So the emunand is installed on the new 3ds's microSD card correct? Can I freely interchange the gateway card between the 2 units and NOT swap out the gateway's microsd card? (Or each of the 3ds's HAVE to have it's "own" gateway, meaning 2 gateway microsd cards need to be involved in this scenario?)

I don't want to corrupt any old 3ds gamesaves I already have. (or worse)

Thanks for clarifying!

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, back when it happened to be available, they granted anyone with eshop access before a set date to claim the ambassador program. So basically, if you don't have this ticket connected to the 3ds, you aren't an ambassador. They were linked to the system just as all purchases at the time.
Then, after nnid's were introduced, they basically claimed the ambassador status.

Maybe if you were able to find an ambassador 3ds that isn't linked yet, you would be able to dump the required files to apply it to the non ambassador 3ds.

This stretches outside of noob questions though, and if you think you can find one, you should probably start a new thread.

another day I saw a .cia for the certificate, if you install it and link the a new nndi, them ?

Gayquest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I got my N3DS XL today, and the firmware is 9.0.0

Can someone explain to me like I am 5, what all I need to get Gateway working on my 3DS?

Obviously I need the Gateway cart, I am guessing another microSD card + converter, what else?

Do I need to buy Ocarina of Time/Cubic Ninja? Will I need another 3DS (a video I was watching used two 3DSs---I only have the one)?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Can someone explain to me like I am 5, what all I need to get Gateway working on my 3DS?

Obviously I need the Gateway cart, I am guessing another microSD card + converter, what else?

Do I need to buy Ocarina of Time/Cubic Ninja? Will I need another 3DS (a video I was watching used two 3DSs---I only have the one)?
Cubic Ninja can work without any extra 3ds or hardware (and it's about 1/2 OOT's market price). Just a one-time QR scan while the system is internet connected and a hack will be injected to your Cubic save for infinite reuse. Just check the gateway site's download page for a tutorial pdf that will walk you through everything like you were ... 6. :P It's pretty easy.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
anybody knows a tool to arrange game files in the microSD card (to put in GW)?
it seems that there are lots of file sorting tools such as DriveSort or YAFS, but unfortunately they do not support exFAT

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Yes, you will need OoT and a way to get the save file on it or Cubic Ninja (preferred). You don't need two 3DS' if you have these. You need some bigger Micro SD cards as well. If you are planning on installing them to internal via .cia files make the internal one bigger. I went with a 64GB internal and a 16GB external but whatever you think is sufficient. With how cheap they are, I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than 16GB.

I'm planning to follow this guide when my Gateway card comes in: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-need-a-step-by-step-for-gateway-for-n3ds.384745/

Gayquest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you will need OoT and a way to get the save file on it or Cubic Ninja (preferred). You don't need two 3DS' if you have these. You need some bigger Micro SD cards as well. If you are planning on installing them to internal via .cia files make the internal one bigger. I went with a 64GB internal and a 16GB external but whatever you think is sufficient. With how cheap they are, I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than 16GB.

I'm planning to follow this guide when my Gateway card comes in: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-need-a-step-by-step-for-gateway-for-n3ds.384745/

Do you need two MicroSD cards? I bought one 32GB card, but I can buy another, if necessary.

Gayquest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends on how you plan on using it, will you be using .cia in internal? Any plans to have anything on your external gateway for example?

I have no idea what you are asking.

I just plan on playing ROMs. Maybe getting some DLC if it's available?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea what you are asking.

I just plan on playing ROMs. Maybe getting some DLC if it's available?
Some people like to install games to the home screen. Honestly, for a noob, I wouldn't usually recommend since it is a bit of work to fully understand, and I end up wasting a whole morning walking that person through. 3/3 times, this is what has happened :P

Look into CIA installation, and see if it's up your ally, or if you want the straightforward way of playing through the gateway cart.

More work you put into learning how to use your cart, the more you will get out of it. Just depends if you have the willingness to learn about it, or just wanna relax and play.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
That method, I already knew :P
but it won't be convenient to do this every time i need to arrange my games
That is also part of why I opted for the cia route. I get to see all my games on the home screen, and they are super convenient. I can also rearrange them to any order I please.

Reactions: polki and Garou

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That method, I already knew :P
but it won't be convenient to do this every time i need to arrange my games
#1stworldproblems. :)

I am no expert at this put I would imagine there is some way to edit a files attributes to set it as inbetween the values of the other files.

Reactions: 2Hack

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
#1stworldproblems. :)

I am no expert at this put I would imagine there is some way to edit a files attributes to set it as inbetween the values of the other files.
hahaha. actually last night i have did this by opening raw sector of the disk and manually arrange the record entries. however arranging >30 files manually is a nightmare :lol:

Reactions: 2Hack

The_Frag_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I've got a 3DS XL (old) and a N3DS XL both on 9.2
I've got a gateway card (red and blue) and a save dongle for the OOT hack as well as the game.

What should I do now? I have prepared the materials, but I don't know what I should do next.
Do I need to downgrade? Will the gateway card just work plug-and-play on both consoles already?
I really don't know. Please inform me of my options.

Thank you all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol