• Likes 43

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!

Sorry if it's too obvious, but I'd like to know where can I get decrypted 3DS firmware dumps, if any of them are available on the internet.

Also, how is 3DS debugging done? This is mandatory for exploit dev, but I couldn't find any info.

Thx!
Search on Updatecdn or 3dnus.

I heard NTR CFW has debugging.

Hello , since this thread seems to be perfect for "noob" questions, here is mine : I bought a N3DSXL which came with firmware 9.2 , i also bought a Sky3DS to be able to play some games. I also bought a copy of Zelda:OOT. Now i saw a thread in this forum were a person mentioned it is possible to use the Gateway exploit via Sky3DS Card and OOT (https://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-use-oot-exploit-on-sky3ds-non-working-carts.383581/). Now , what i did not understand is : do i need a Gateway cartridge after i installed the exploit with the Sky3DS to use the Gateway menu ? I would only need it to get a private Header for online gaming. Additional question : do i need a game which is capable of playing online to dump a private header out of it or is any given game possible to use ? ( For example the OOT ) and : if it would be possible to use the Gateway exploit without the cartridge , what else is possible to do with the exploit ?

Sorry for my english , not my native language. I hope you could understand my question.
Greetings!
You can get to the GW menu with the exploit and should be able to dump games. You can't run GW mode or classic mode without the cartridge.

You can use any game for a private header.

Reactions: kDEDEDE

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Now that I've finally installed all the games I've ever wanted on emuNAND with Gateway and Title Manager, I'm wondering if there's any apps or locations I can never go to on emuNAND, like Data Management for sysNAND. Is it safe to do either of the following, for example?
1) Making a new NNID on emuNAND (never made an NNID before, but I've got .cia's for every online capable game so playing online wouldn't be an issue I presume)
2) Going on the web browser and other web-related stuff like Youtube
3) Accessing the eShop
4) Using Streetpass
5) Data Management on emuNAND

My sysNAND is on 9.2E as is my emuNAND (the GW3D version ofcourse), haven't had to bother updating my emuNAND just yet.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Now that I've finally installed all the games I've ever wanted on emuNAND with Gateway and Title Manager, I'm wondering if there's any apps or locations I can never go to on emuNAND, like Data Management for sysNAND. Is it safe to do either of the following, for example?
1) Making a new NNID on emuNAND (never made an NNID before, but I've got .cia's for every online capable game so playing online wouldn't be an issue I presume)
2) Going on the web browser and other web-related stuff like Youtube
3) Accessing the eShop
4) Using Streetpass
5) Data Management on emuNAND

My sysNAND is on 9.2E as is my emuNAND (the GW3D version ofcourse), haven't had to bother updating my emuNAND just yet.
Accessing eshop deletes any fakesigned dlc or themes. Games live on.
Everything else should be fine.

Reactions: Jornax

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have a noob question that I've yet to find an answer for in the days of lurking and searching:

I recently obtained an n3ds on 9.0.0 and I've yet to get a gateway (and save dongle for the OoT exploit) delivered. What can I do with it in regards to hacking while my gateway and save dongle is heading my way? If there isn't anything I can do other than prepare/play older games (or DS ones), are there any needed/essential things I should look for to throw onto the gw card after the exploit has been done? I did look for/get big(insert color here)menu. Sorry for asking stupid things.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have a noob question that I've yet to find an answer for in the days of lurking and searching:

I recently obtained an n3ds on 9.0.0 and I've yet to get a gateway (and save dongle for the OoT exploit) delivered. What can I do with it in regards to hacking while my gateway and save dongle is heading my way? If there isn't anything I can do other than prepare/play older games (or DS ones), are there any needed/essential things I should look for to throw onto the gw card after the exploit has been done? I did look for/get big(insert color here)menu. Sorry for asking stupid things.
You can make a nand backup asap with the GW launcher. Dump any retail carts you want to put on GW. Acquire any roms/cia files you plan on using. Keep an eye out for a good deal on Cubic Ninja. Read the save game mega guide several times so you can speak the language. Get emuand tool for emunand backups. Make sure you have the correct size screwdriver for accessing the bottom plate. Get a case to hold your exploit card and DS flashcart. Get an avatar. :)

Reactions: polki and cvskid

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You can make a nand backup asap with the GW launcher. Dump any retail carts you want to put on GW. Acquire any roms/cia files you plan on using. Keep an eye out for a good deal on Cubic Ninja. Read the save game mega guide several times so you can speak the language. Get emuand tool for emunand backups. Make sure you have the correct size screwdriver for accessing the bottom plate. Get a case to hold your exploit card and DS flashcart. Get an avatar. :)
Crazy. I had no idea I could backup my nand PRIOR to having my gateway! All I have is CN, micro sd's and n3ds on 9.0.

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But for the GW launcher, don't I need to do the OoT exploit since that is my intended method of exploiting my N3DS? I already got the files I need off of the GW site and organized into three files: 3DS system, red card, and blue card. As for the screwdriver, I have a friend who works in musical instrument repair so I intend to borrow a screwdriver from 'em once I have everything together. I figure I can keep the cards in the same ziploc bag as my other game carts (at least until I can find a place/method to store all my game cases).

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But for the GW launcher, don't I need to do the OoT exploit since that is my intended method of exploiting my N3DS? I already got the files I need off of the GW site and organized into three files: 3DS system, red card, and blue card. As for the screwdriver, I have a friend who works in musical instrument repair so I intend to borrow a screwdriver from 'em once I have everything together. I figure I can keep the cards in the same ziploc bag as my other game carts (at least until I can find a place/method to store all my game cases).

That's right, I mistakenly assume people have an old 3ds when the purchase a new 3DS. :) you have to wait for the save dongle. OR find someone with a 3DS and borrow it for a few minutes to prepare OOT.

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's right, I mistakenly assume people have an old 3ds when the purchase a new 3DS. :) you have to wait for the save dongle. OR find someone with a 3DS and borrow it for a few minutes to prepare OOT.

I have an O3DS but I was an idiot and updated it to the newest fw while I was troubleshooting a connectivity issue. It was something which kind of came naturally to me as an IT student. And all my friends (and their kids) have jumped on the Pokemon Shuffle bandwagon (so did I but I spiderhacked it to give me everything free).

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS but I was an idiot and updated it to the newest fw while I was troubleshooting a connectivity issue. It was something which kind of came naturally to me as an IT student. And all my friends (and their kids) have jumped on the Pokemon Shuffle bandwagon (so did I but I spiderhacked it to give me everything free).
If you have an old 3Ds you can prepare OOT, no problem. See the instructions on gateways home page. The FW does not matter.

Since I have CN though I can do it without Gateway yet?
You are good to go. You just can't access GW Gateway mode or classic mode without the red card.

Reactions: 2Hack

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an old 3Ds you can prepare OOT, no problem. See the instructions on gateways home page. The FW does not matter.

That requires the save dongle which will be in the same shipment as the GW. Or were you telling me that the OOT exploit will still work on my O3DS?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That requires the save dongle which will be in the same shipment as the GW. Or were you telling me that the OOT exploit will still work on my O3DS?
You are right again. The old 3ds must be 9.2 or below. I am going to pack it in tonight, I being useless. :(

Reactions: 2Hack

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right again. The old 3ds must be 9.2 or below. I am going to pack it in tonight, I being useless. :(

If it was, I'd still be able to do spider exploits and iirc, I would have been able to get a backup of the nand. But I updated it to the most recent update. And good night.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
What does the shop check to verify if a 3DS is an ambassador system ? Would it be possible to create one now ?
Well, back when it happened to be available, they granted anyone with eshop access before a set date to claim the ambassador program. So basically, if you don't have this ticket connected to the 3ds, you aren't an ambassador. They were linked to the system just as all purchases at the time.
Then, after nnid's were introduced, they basically claimed the ambassador status.

Maybe if you were able to find an ambassador 3ds that isn't linked yet, you would be able to dump the required files to apply it to the non ambassador 3ds.

This stretches outside of noob questions though, and if you think you can find one, you should probably start a new thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1