• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

arcangelnew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok Im almost done with my 3ds and wanting to throw that sh*t, How can I play the Super Smash bros EUR legit Cia on my 4.2 USA original 3ds using only CFW???? Note: I can play spoofed USA cias without problem but can't change the emunand to EUR, I need a detailed tutorial (I'm dumb AF), anyone????

Edit: Never mind, I actually found a Huge dumb proof tutorial (is in spanish, but thank god Im trilingual), with every step starting from the cfw to the outside region cia install and play, I don't know if posting links from other sites is prohibited here so I will only said its on emudesc (is in spanish.)

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Im almost done with my 3ds and wanting to throw that sh*t, How can I play the Super Smash bros EUR legit Cia on my 4.2 USA original 3ds using only CFW???? Note: I can play spoofed USA cias without problem but can't change the emunand to EUR, I need a detailed tutorial (I'm dumb AF), anyone????

Edit: Never mind, I actually found a Huge dumb proof tutorial (is in spanish, but thank god Im trilingual), with every step starting from the cfw to the outside region cia install and play, I don't know if posting links from other sites is prohibited here so I will only said its on emudesc (is in spanish.)

Maybe you can translate it for us

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has been asked before.

My 9.5 emuNAND got the update prompt and my sister accidentally updated, leaving me with a non-functioning emuNAND. I have a 9.4 backup, but I had installed several CIAs after that. If I restore, will they vanish?

verdin551

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! How are you?
ok, what i want to do is to update my old 3ds 4.5 with a method i saw. It was installing the cias from the 9.2 version and running AM:InstallFIRM command to install the firm from the updated cias. But i dont know how to run AM:InstallFIRM. Where can i run it from? sorry for my english

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has been asked before.

My 9.5 emuNAND got the update prompt and my sister accidentally updated, leaving me with a non-functioning emuNAND. I have a 9.4 backup, but I had installed several CIAs after that. If I restore, will they vanish?
Yep. In the future use save data filler to back up your saves periodically.

You can load up a bunch of cias and then select install all and go to bed. :)

Hi! How are you?
ok, what i want to do is to update my old 3ds 4.5 with a method i saw. It was installing the cias from the 9.2 version and running AM:InstallFIRM command to install the firm from the updated cias. But i dont know how to run AM:InstallFIRM. Where can i run it from? sorry for my english

Never hear this one. Sounds more like an advanced topic.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new3DS XL on 9.0 firmware. I boot into Gateway mode using Cubic Ninja. however, I noticed that going into the "System Settings" menu after booting into Gateway mode does not say "GW" in front of the firmware number like it does on my old3ds XL. Why is this?

I can do emunand on the new3ds XL, right?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new3DS XL on 9.0 firmware. I boot into Gateway mode using Cubic Ninja. however, I noticed that going into the "System Settings" menu after booting into Gateway mode does not say "GW" in front of the firmware number like it does on my old3ds XL. Why is this?

I can do emunand on the new3ds XL, right?

If you haven't yet formatted emunand, it will be in sysnand and not say GW. Make sure you're using the current launcher as well since there were some initial display bugs on hte n3ds.

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't yet formatted emunand, it will be in sysnand and not say GW. Make sure you're using the current launcher as well since there were some initial display bugs on hte n3ds.

Thanks so much, Oishikatta. So there doesn't seem to be a new3DS guide for setting up emuNAND, but you are saying just follow the old3DS guide (except for the downgrading to 4.2 and needing Cubic Ninja part) and I should be fine?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much, Oishikatta. So there doesn't seem to be a new3DS guide for setting up emuNAND, but you are saying just follow the old3DS guide (except for the downgrading to 4.2 and needing Cubic Ninja part) and I should be fine?
The only thing that is different than an old 3ds is the exploit used. CN or OOT. Downgrading was only an option on the old.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

SlRlUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Correct me if I'm wrong: Setting up an emuNAND today would fail due to non-compatibility between GW and Nintendos current distributed FW, correct?
Edit: The only way would be to format emuNAND, boot GW mode to be in GW3D FW mode and update FW with a retail game to i.e. 7.1, right?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong: Setting up an emuNAND today would fail due to non-compatibility between GW and Nintendos current distributed FW, correct?

Setting up emunand is fine. Just don't update emunand through system settings right now.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I searched with google, in this thread and in the other stickied threads but I didn't find an answer for this:

is it possible to extract and re-inject saves from and into a retail game? (type-1)

I need to backup the save of a game I play in classic mode but I don't know how to do it and I don't know if I can put it back in afterwards.
I know that I could dump the game with the save and play it as a .3ds rom, but there's a problem: my gateway is kinda faulty and it often gives errors, so .3ds games aren't really playable.
I can't use the game as a cia either because I started it on 4.x classic mode, so if I used it on my 9.x emunand the save would be seen as corrupted or something, I guess (this would happen also with the .3ds rom, now that I think about it).

thanks for the help.

SlRlUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but I dont get this. "Booting emuNAND" and "boot up in GW mode" is the same according to my understanding. Therefore when booting in GW mode I am supposed to hold the up-arrow key during the boot process in order to spoof the firmware?
Is this assumption correct?

Just hold up when you boot emunand to spoof firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9