• Views 4,465,307
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

BobPwnz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need at least 1/2GB of free space in the SD card. So you need at least a 4GB SD card without many stuff installed. If you plan having a lot of stuff in the SD card, it's better to invest in one with bigger size
I have 1.7 gb left but it still won't work...

thedarkmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So when Gateway Soon releases the update for N3DS I need to move from N3DS (emuNAND) to Zelda: MM 3DSXL (sysNAND) that hopefully comes with LESS then 9.2.
  • Can I transfer from emuNAND to emuNAND
  • Can I transfer from emuNAND to sysNAND
This is due to want to keep my NNID and eShop games I have. Currently my NNID is sitting on a N3DS on 9.0.20.E and will require emuNAND to transfer due to the 3DS will want to update before you can do a system transfer.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I remember there being a spreadsheet somewhere that lists which retail cartridges contain system updates and to which version. Does anyone remember where this is?

Thanks!

EDIT: It was on the first page... I'm really good at this xD

Sorakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello.

I'm trying to find a way to use the Gateway website exploit offline, but neither of my android devices seem to be able to do it.
The Toshiba AT7-C tablet can run the 3DS X-Loader and my 3DS even recognizes it as an access point, but will not connect to it, even after setting a password.
The Samsung Galaxy Appeal smartphone immediately shuts down tethering due to my data plan.

Got any idea what I can do?

Nrzzrr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi all,

Does the Supercard DSTwo runs .3DS roms, or it just compatible with the 3DS console, and plays DS games (I'm a bit confused)? I want to buy a New 3DS, now I have a DSi, and a Supercard DSTwo, and I like it, so I don't want to buy Sky3DS or Gateway if I don't need to.
Also, what I currently have is this, is the SDS2 3DS is just a newer firmware, or it's a different cart, what I have to buy?

Thank you for the help, and sorry for my english.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi all,

Does the Supercard DSTwo runs .3DS roms, or it just compatible with the 3DS console, and plays DS games (I'm a bit confused)? I want to buy a New 3DS, now I have a DSi, and a Supercard DSTwo, and I like it, so I don't want to buy Sky3DS or Gateway if I don't need to.
Also, what I currently have is this, is the SDS2 3DS is just a newer firmware, or it's a different card, what I have to buy?

Thank you for the help, and sorry for my english.

The DSTwo is a DS flashcart. It only plays DS roms (aside from homebrew stuff).

To play 3DS games, you need a 3DS flashcart.

Reactions: Nrzzrr

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you very much!
What do you recommend, Gateway or Sky3DS cart?

It depends on what you want to do really and for which console/firmware.
To start, Sky3DS or one of its clones are the only ones working in firmware above 9.2 and with the N3DS (for now at least).
Gateway works with firmwares 4.1 to 9.2 in 3DS/3DS XL/2DS and soon the N3DS too altho no one knows when exactly (probably the next few weeks)

If you want to have more freedom with what you do, meaning having region free, installing eShop games or even normal games in CIA format (which basically is the same as a download from eShop would be) or simply play roms, as well as having access to homebrew and other neat features, you should choose Gateway. It's also a bit more future-proof than Sky3DS since the card can be updated while Sky3DS can't (altho Sky hasn't been blocked yet after 2 or 3 firmware updates if I'm not mistaken)

With SKy3DS, you can play roms of normal games (and I think a few eShop games nowadays but not sure) but it's a bit more troublesome to change from one game to another due to SKy3DS being based on a hardware exploit and so it uses a button to change games. It emulates a real cartridge though and in that sense you can easily play online. You could consider it basically a Many-in-One game cartridge. It doesn't offer as may features as GW but most people say it's simpler to use. I think you can use homebrew with it too using the a rom from Cubic Ninja and Ninjhax. And you can have region free with Smea's exploit Regionthree. But that's extra features not really exclusive to the card itself

Reactions: Nrzzrr

Nrzzrr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It depends on what you want to do really and for which console/firmware.
To start, Sky3DS or one of its clones are the only ones working in firmware above 9.2 and with the N3DS (for now at least).
Gateway works with firmwares 4.1 to 9.2 in 3DS/3DS XL/2DS and soon the N3DS too altho no one knows when exactly (probably the next few weeks)

If you want to have more freedom with what you do, meaning having region free, installing eShop games or even normal games in CIA format (which basically is the same as a download from eShop would be) or simply play roms, as well as having access to homebrew and other neat features, you should choose Gateway. It's also a bit more future-proof than Sky3DS since the card can be updated while Sky3DS can't (altho Sky hasn't been blocked yet after 2 or 3 firmware updates if I'm not mistaken)

With SKy3DS, you can play roms of normal games (and I think a few eShop games nowadays but not sure) but it's a bit more troublesome to change from one game to another due to SKy3DS being based on a hardware exploit and so it uses a button to change games. It emulates a real cartridge though and in that sense you can easily play online. You could consider it basically a Many-in-One game cartridge. It doesn't offer as may features as GW but most people say it's simpler to use. I think you can use homebrew with it too using the a rom from Cubic Ninja and Ninjhax. And you can have region free with Smea's exploit Regionthree. But that's extra features not really exclusive to the card itself
This is just the comparison I needed to decide, thank you again! :) I think I'll stick with Gateway then. I only buy the console in the next few months, so for me it isn't a problem if Gateway doesn't support N3DS yet. I assume it will sooner or later.

Thank you again for the quick and detailed response!

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm in a bit of a bind...

I'm on 9.2, but I need to update my Pokemon X game so I can go online, but to access the EShop I need to update my 3DS...

Does anyone know if it's possible to simply overwrite the update files on the SD card? Isn't that where they store the cart updates? Or would each users cart update be uniquely signed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol