• Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I really want to get a New Nintendo 3DS, thinking about ordering a Japanese version, the regular, non-LL. Question is, can I run US games on it with a flash card? Am I just wasting money? Should I just hold off another couple months?

You can run games from other regions with Gateway since it's region free. You can't with Sky3DS since it's not region free.
You shouldn't hold off because it's highly likely the next N3DS will have firmware above 9.2, not allowing GW to be used.

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can run games from other regions with Gateway since it's region free. You can't with Sky3DS since it's not region free.
You shouldn't hold off because it's highly likely the next N3DS will have firmware above 9.2, not allowing GW to be used.

Thanks for the response. Is there any way to play real physical North American 3DS games on the Japanese New Nintendo 3DS? I didn't even think about looking for the Australian version, but I assume the answer would be the same in either case. I can easily get a Japanese New Nintendo 3DS on Amazon, but I haven't found any Australian versions.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the response. Is there any way to play real physical North American 3DS games on the Japanese New Nintendo 3DS? I didn't even think about looking for the Australian version, but I assume the answer would be the same in either case. I can easily get a Japanese New Nintendo 3DS on Amazon, but I haven't found any Australian versions.

Since you're in US, the only difference for you between Japan N3DS and Australian N3DS is the language of the system, one in japanese and the other in english. But both are different region than US. You can play real cartridges with Gateway tho, assuming the new support will work the same way as the 4.x support

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you're in US, the only difference for you between Japan N3DS and Australian N3DS is the language of the system, one in japanese and the other in english. But both are different region than US. You can play real cartridges with Gateway tho, assuming the new support will work the same way as the 4.x support

Can you change the language to English on the Japanese console?

swordlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No bans, but with 9.2 Gateway coming out, more ppl will use headers making chances more likely, which is why I went with cias. You can download cia roms off the internet btw. edit: oh, and do cias NEED to be on emunand? The Gateway teaser video said cias were supported, but not emunand, which makes me think emunand won't be available immediately.

Now this is important. You don't NEED to be on emuNAND to run cias, if you follow a famous guide out there you can learn how to install devmenu on your sysNAND on 4xxx fw without even using gateway's red card. However, it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to install cias on your emuNAND. If something goes wrong, you can always format your emuNAND and start over. You can't do it with your sysNAND (you can use Nintendo's system format thingy, but why risk doing things on sysNAND?). I'm saying this after my seemingly working Animal Crossing cia crashed on me and my saves got corrupted. If gateway doesn't come up with emuNAND on 9.2 try to be patient, cias are risky too.

And thanks a lot for the heads up, lemanuel. Sadly I already know how to convert them myself and I even sparked some drama asking for help when people gave me the directions to websites. Gotta say though, some cias from sites also failed to install.

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The language of the system is always japanese. The games however can have different languages.

Thanks for answering all of my questions. I think I am going to grab an Australian PAL new Nintendo 3DS (White) and the PAL Super Smash Bros. to tied me over until I can get a Gateway from Play-Asia rather than the Japanese version. I don't know any Japanese language...

beloumi7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
So for the boxing day, the 3ds XL is on sold for 140$+taxes
Do you think it's a good deal buying it? Is there any chance it comes 9.3+ out of boxe? If not, when will we see 3ds 9.3+ out of boxe? around January-February?
Also, is it really sure that Gateway are releasing support for 7.0-9.2 ? Can one buy 9.x 3ds peace in mind ?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi
So for the boxing day, the 3ds XL is on sold for 140$+taxes
Do you think it's a good deal buying it? Is there any chance it comes 9.3+ out of boxe? If not, when will we see 3ds 9.3+ out of boxe? around January-February?
Also, is it really sure that Gateway are releasing support for 7.0-9.2 ? Can one buy 9.x 3ds peace in mind ?

If you want a brand new 3DS, it's not bad. It's highly unlikely for a 9.3/9.4 3DS to appear in the market for now. Probably next year only.
And yes, it's sure they'll release it even if they're taking a while. So don't worry. As long as it's 9.2 or below, you'll be fine. It will be just a matter of wait.

Codc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought a bigger SDHC card in order to be able to play smash on my gateway (2gb -> 8gb). Is there a tutorial that explains how to switch SD cards and their contents without messing up my 3ds?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What's the process for installing and using devmenu for the first time?

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/285969-BigBlueMenu-and-CIA-files

I just bought a bigger SDHC card in order to be able to play smash on my gateway (2gb -> 8gb). Is there a tutorial that explains how to switch SD cards and their contents without messing up my 3ds?

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...e-of-Emunand-when-upgrading-replacing-SD-card

Can you trim .3dz roms that have headers in them? Will it affect the header at all? Thnx in advance

you can trim any game except card 2 games. doesn't matter if they're patched with an header or not.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks, is there any reason to believe that any of that process (or the files required) will change with the 9.2 compatible gateway update?

Since we saw in GW's video that it's possible to install CIAs with the new support, it's likely it will remain the same. But we can only know for sure once the actual update is released and we learn how it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFvISeKe9zQ