• Likes 43

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Is exFAT the best format for SD and microSD cards? I just got new cards, so I formatted them this way.
Does it affect speed in any way?

It doesn't effect speed, but exfat is better because it can store larger (single) files. Just remember that the 3DS itself can't use this format on the internal SD.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Aha so it doesnt affect speed, cool.

Well I am using Linux ( Manjaro), and exFAT is not something that Linux likes :) I can create it but I cant mount it, so I just formatted my 4GB PNY SD card and 4GB Sandisk MicroSD ( for blue Gateway) to FAT32. Now I can read and write on them, and since they are both 4gb FAT32 is ok I guess, and since the speed is the same even better.
For red Gateway ( Sandisk 16gb) I am gonna format it to exFat on Windows system.

Thx

giga502

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've been away from the scene for a while. I've got my 3DS which is on Ver. 5.0.0-11E

Is there any way to currently get the gateway working with it?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I just bought a new 4.3 3DS XL with an MT-Card.

I know MT-Card supports emunand up to 7.1... my question is:

Can I update my 4.3 emunand to 7.1 using a rom?
How can I play online if I don't have access to the eshop?

Thanks

Petercoons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just bought a new 4.3 3DS XL with an MT-Card.

I know MT-Card supports emunand up to 7.1... my question is:

Thanks

AFAIK, the mt card cannot emunand feature, but gateway 3ds can: http://www.r4depot.com/16-gateway-3ds-flashcart-play-3ds-games-on-3ds-xl-and-3ds-console.html , and gateway 3ds omega 2.4b now can support emunand 9.x now, so you can use it to play eshop and online roms.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
AFAIK, the mt card cannot emunand feature, but gateway 3ds can: http://www.r4depot.com/16-gateway-3ds-flashcart-play-3ds-games-on-3ds-xl-and-3ds-console.html , and gateway 3ds omega 2.4b now can support emunand 9.x now, so you can use it to play eshop and online roms.

I know! I have another 3DS with a gateway.

But I need to know about MT-Card:
Can I play online with no emunand? (SysNAND only)

Thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I know! I have another 3DS with a gateway.

But I need to know about MT-Card:
Can I play online with no emunand? (SysNAND only)

Thanks
well emunand is fairly pointless without access to the latest fw, to play online, just play online, if the game requires updates from the eshop it won't work im afraid

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is formatting sysnand a one time thing or does it have to be done every time a new emunand update is available?

paul123asdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi everyone. With new gateway release do I have to install super smash bros update? What features does this ssb update give? Do I need install update if I use ssb rom (not retail)?

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do trimmed .3dz games work? (I tried to dump my retail pkmn-Y and transfer the header to a trimmed pkmn-X rom) I seem to get a black screen upon launch.

Edit: Did some testing, .3dz doesn't work trimmed. ^^''

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

so I just got a 4.1 3DS from eBay for quite cheap and want to run the ROM decryption tool on it.
I have no Gateway as of now, the readme told me to place the launcher for non-Gateway users as launcher.dat on my SD card root. Fine, but... how do I actually start it now? lol

Thanks for any reply!

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,

so I just got a 4.1 3DS from eBay for quite cheap and want to run the ROM decryption tool on it.
I have no Gateway as of now, the readme told me to place the launcher for non-Gateway users as launcher.dat on my SD card root. Fine, but... how do I actually start it now? lol

Thanks for any reply!

This is a pure guess, but i think that you should install the gateway exploid (this can be done with a DSi flashcard like the acekard2i). And then load the launcher.dat via the exploid.

Edit: the exploid loads the .dat when holding L while entering DS profile settings.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey,

Thanks for any reply!
yeah you still need a NDS flashcard to install the exploit, and you can use the gateway launcher.dat version if you use the gatewayinstaller.nds file to install the exploit, once installed you just go to the NDS profile page to trigger the xorpad generator, it may take a few boot to get it to work though, its not quite an exact science yet, also bear in mind you cant decrypt 7.x encrypted content yet either

KeroseneZanchu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this before, but no one answered.
I was wondering if there was a way to upload homebrew through an SD card (like putting it into the 3ds SD card slot) rather than buying a 70 dollar flashcart :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun +1