• Start date
  • Views 4,447,583
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
backup emunand is just to be able to save the file on the computer right ? There is no need to do backup emunand / having the nand file on the sd card when doing format emunand as that process already creades a nand file on the sd card right?

Gaben69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Look guys
I'm not exactly smart when it comes to these things but i love the pokemon series
The problem is the games where i live are overpriced and never change the price no matter what (ASSUMING YOU CAN FIND GAMES)
So i'm left with the Gateway method,but you see after reading some threads i'm not sure its worth it since half the time there are problems with the damn thing
Basically what i want is to be able to get it working
I'm going to get myself a 3dsXL thingy/buy gateway card/follow some youtube tutorial/check the forum tutorial and done? thats it ? Can i play ds and 3ds games that i got from the internetzz?
I keep hearing some sneaky stuff about gateway and bricking consoles,or how certain games don't work and so on?
Is it really that complicated? or was i born in the wrong country since in america games seem to be so much cheaper and easier to get
Sorry for my English(not my native language as you can see)

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to load the gateway exploid with a original R4 flashcard? (i mean the installer only, for the 3DS roms i need a gateway obviously)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is it possible to load the gateway exploid with a original R4 flashcard? (i mean the installer only, for the 3DS roms i need a gateway obviously)
yes you can load up the launcher, and use classic mode to play 4.x+ games on 4.x

EDIT: oh wait you mean one of the old old R4 cards.....nope, you need a 3DS compatible card that works on at least 4.x

Reactions: DryTaste

Gaben69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
its not that hard, follow this guide

I seen that
What about fake gateway?
And if you are kind enough to tell me if you are using gateway? Played any pokemon game or some 3ds game?
Thank you so much for answering,i will use that video when i get my set-up
What i'm scared is problems after i get it working

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seen that
What about fake gateway?
And if you are kind enough to tell me if you are using gateway? Played any pokemon game or some 3ds game?
Thank you so much for answering,i will use that video when i get my set-up
What i'm scared is problems after i get it working

What about fake gateways? Without being rude you're being overly cautious or pessimistic about the whole process, you're scared of setting it up and you're scared of getting a fake gateway card and you havn't even got it yet, maybe this isn't for you?

But in any case, just follow the video, stop worrying so much, if you come across any problems while you're doing it then feel free to ask people, worrying and asking questions before you even have it or have attempted to do it is just pointless. Played any pokemon game on 3ds? I don't get the point of this question either but all 3DS pokemon games work to date with no issues. Including online.

Gaben69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thank you for the quick response mate,and you are right
Now that i got that out of the way all i need to do is get the right version of the console and i'm set
Thank you again,i was worried that i could't play normal ds games or pokemon y and x

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the quick response mate,and you are right
Now that i got that out of the way all i need to do is get the right version of the console and i'm set
Thank you again,i was worried that i could't play normal ds games or pokemon y and x

No problem, the blue card will play DS games but be aware if you play DS games you'll need to re install the exploit used for playing 3DS games. It's easier than it sounds but if you have any issues feel free to ask anybody and someone will reply and help.

peat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone from the UK recommend me a decent store to get 4.5 or lower 3DS's?

I got mine from eBay, just messaged a lot of sellers asking the firmware version, most were happy to find out for me. Cost me £60 for a used 3DS.

If you're after a new one you may find one on eBay with the same method, or you could go somewhere like game and ask if it's okay to check the serial number on the box before you buy it. Use the info at the top of this spreadsheet: http://tinyurl.com/3DS-FW-EU

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
self bump

Format emunand is just the term used for creating the emunand partition, once you've created emunand DO NOT do it again. First back up your 3DS' original nand, then format emunand and follow all other instructions for whatever it is you're seeking to do.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Format emunand is just the term used for creating the emunand partition, once you've created emunand DO NOT do it again. First back up your 3DS' original nand, then format emunand and follow all other instructions for whatever it is you're seeking to do.

No no. What I mean is. I already have a nand.bin backed up to my computer from when clones had the emunand menu. Do I still need to do backup emunand and format emunand ? Or it's backup emunand automatically done when format emunand is selected?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
emunand isn't backed up only the system nand is if you want emunand backing up you'll have to do it yeah. Do you have emunand already? If so you don't really need to do anything with format emunand, just get the emunand tool and back it up if that's what you're after

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not talking about emunand goddamit ... what I mean is. I have NO emunand right now , because I have a clone , but I have a backup of my nand on my pc. When I get my gateway ... I have to do the backup emunand + format emunand or only format emunand?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not talking about emunand goddamit ... what I mean is. I have NO emunand right now , because I have a clone , but I have a backup of my nand on my pc. When I get my gateway ... I have to do the backup emunand + format emunand or only format emunand?

If you already have a nand backup on the pc, then you can just do format emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game