• Views 4,449,018
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I just received my Gateway card today. Dump two of my retail carts so far, Mario 3D Land and NSMB2. I used the backup savegame function in Gateway on both games (both savegame files are 128K). Renamed my ROM dump to .3DZ extension. When I started NSMB2, it said save file corrupted, press A to delete. When I started 3D Land, it did not recognize my savegame at all.

I'm still not 100% sure how this is done, to backup the savegame from my own retail cartridges and play it after I dump it from the Gateway. Appreciate any input on this.

PS I 100% both those games long ago :) I don't mind replaying them, but I have 15 more carts to dump and not all of them are finished. Would like to continue the games from the dump.
it will only work if the game uses a 512kb save file, anything smaller will not be usable with gateway

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway for me to be able to go online and do anything using my gateway 3DS or is there currently no way to until a new update comes out that can emulate the newest FW?

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway for me to be able to go online and do anything using my gateway 3DS or is there currently no way to until a new update comes out that can emulate the newest FW?

2.3b just released publicly. Works with latest emunand. It's beta, but stable enough.

AngryRussianKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello, guys!
I haven't been there for a while. So I have new questions.

GW 2.1, 4.5 fw. As I suppose,I should upgrade Launcher to 2.3. After that, can I do emunand procedure? Is there any changes with this? Also, can I play my MK7 and AC:NL roms with online multiplayer? Thanks!

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an image-comparison guide on how to spot a fake Gateway 3DS? I just ordered mine from one of the sellers on the list from gateway's website (Playmods), but I want to have all my bases covered when it arrives.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
So with the Gateway update in the works, I'm guessing now's as good a time as any to get a gateway yes?
There are phases in which one can or cannot access the eShop. With the most recent 2.3b, we just entered a phase of being able to use the latest system FW and access eShop for game updates, DLC, and eShop titles. To take advantage of this, now would be a decent time before Nintendo releases a future system update that doesn't work with the current revision of Gateway.

Reactions: R4Liam

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
There are phases in which one can or cannot access the eShop. With the most recent 2.3b, we just entered a phase of being able to use the latest system FW and access eShop for game updates, DLC, and eShop titles. To take advantage of this, now would be a decent time before Nintendo releases a future system update that doesn't work with the current revision of Gateway.

Thanks I'll get one when I get my money :)

TWBliZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the correct place to ask this question. I just updated to 2.3b and I have been having a great time with finally using the eShop among other things. One small problem, I cannot get mario kart, pkmn Y, or animal crossing roms to work online I keep getting the error 002-0123.

Does online play require a dumped rom?
If so is there any chance of finding dumped roms online or can anyone send me these roms.

I have been at it all day with hex editing frying my brain only to find out I may need dumped a rom.
This cant be life lol.

Thanks in advance

CzarNicholasII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know 1: if its possible to hack a 3ds or do anything that can let me download games to the 3ds (in 1 way or another) and play on the 3ds
games from gameboy to 3DS would be awesome if its possible
.....is it possible?

Question 2:
What should i look into a 3DS or a 2DS and if a 2DS will the same work to the applied first question

I dont want to spend alot but i dont want to be ripped off either

Can someone help with these questions?

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the correct place to ask this question. I just updated to 2.3b and I have been having a great time with finally using the eShop among other things. One small problem, I cannot get mario kart, pkmn Y, or animal crossing roms to work online I keep getting the error 002-0123.

Does online play require a dumped rom?
If so is there any chance of finding dumped roms online or can anyone send me these roms.

I have been at it all day with hex editing frying my brain only to find out I may need dumped a rom.
This cant be life lol.

Thanks in advance
you can use scene releases to play online BUT, you need a header.

You can either get the header from your personal dump or you can search the forum for public headers.
you dont need to worry about hex editing, theres a tool called gateway rom patcher, the version 0,6 can help you to inject the header directly into the rom.

I want to know 1: if its possible to hack a 3ds or do anything that can let me download games to the 3ds (in 1 way or another) and play on the 3ds
games from gameboy to 3DS would be awesome if its possible
.....is it possible?

Question 2:
What should i look into a 3DS or a 2DS and if a 2DS will the same work to the applied first question

I dont want to spend alot but i dont want to be ripped off either

Can someone help with these questions?

1) you need a console in version <= 4.5 and a gateway card.
you can only play a bunch of GB games. not all of them at the moment. you cn find the bundle for about 180 usd (second hand) but the main goal is to get 3ds games running

2) its not possible to run any "hack" on the 2ds atm. you need a 3ds/3dsXL. in version <=4.5

CzarNicholasII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use scene releases to play online BUT, you need a header.

You can either get the header from your personal dump or you can search the forum for public headers.
you dont need to worry about hex editing, theres a tool called gateway rom patcher, the version 0,6 can help you to inject the header directly into the rom.

1) you need a console in version <= 4.5 and a gateway card.
you can only play a bunch of GB games. not all of them at the moment. you cn find the bundle for about 180 usd (second hand) but the main goal is to get 3ds games running

2) its not possible to run any "hack" on the 2ds atm. you need a 3ds/3dsXL. in version <=4.5

What would you recomend then because theres alot of DS and GBA games id love to play (as well as 3ds)

paul123asdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi everyone. Since the latest gateway firmware release I have some questions. Hope you'll help me. 1) Before the release I played pokemon y retail in classic mode, so now the only change is that I need a gateway cartridge inserted to launch classic mode and then i just remove gateway cartridge and insert my pokemon cartridge and it works like it worked before the update and my saves will be there, am I right? 2) And will I be able to use online in pokemon now? I know that I will need to download patches to make it work, I can do it via eshop, am I right? 3) to update gateway firmware I just need to replace launcher. Do I need to anything else to update?

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there any problem with accessing Miiverse while playing a ROM from another region with Gateway? Say, if I'm playing a Japanese game on my American 3DS, what would happen if I tried to access its Miiverse community?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone. Since the latest gateway firmware release I have some questions. Hope you'll help me. 1) Before the release I played pokemon y retail in classic mode, so now the only change is that I need a gateway cartridge inserted to launch classic mode and then i just remove gateway cartridge and insert my pokemon cartridge and it works like it worked before the update and my saves will be there, am I right? 2) And will I be able to use online in pokemon now? I know that I will need to download patches to make it work, I can do it via eshop, am I right? 3) to update gateway firmware I just need to replace launcher. Do I need to anything else to update?
1) Yups
2) Aye
3) Nop, that's it.

Reactions: paul123asdf

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Can I completely transfer the games and data from my old 3DS to the new one, so I can sell the old one?

Is the emuNAND similar to the Wii, where it's got the system files on a microSD card and loads it from there? I basically would copy all my games and whatnot to that, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch