• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

mrlovepoison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey so i bought a mt card and i did the emunand backup made sure the system version was mt3d and tried to update my card to run downloaded dsiware on the backup, now im having issues with the cards not opening when it try to launch them through the profile or mt card mode or classic mode. is there any way to fix it?

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My emuNAND is currently on 4.5.0. Is there any way of upgrading it so that I can get more features such as screenshots? I heard that updating to 8.x will prevent it from booting. So is there no way of upgrading to a previous version?

8.bit.fan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

New to this forum and the whole 3DS hacking scene.
As you can probably tell by my user name, I'm a huge retro game fan, and am very interested in the 3DNES and perhaps SNES on the 3DS in the future.

So, being a noob here, I was unable to find answers to a question that I have regarding running the 3DNES on my 3DS XL so I'll ask here and hope that one of you experts can help me out!

I know that in order to play 3DS games using the Gateway 3DS I'll need to get me a 3DS with firmware 4.1-4.5. However...

My question is, would I need a 3DS with firmware 4.1-4.5 in order to run 3DNES(and/or the SNES emulator in the future)?
Or will my current 3DS XL with the 8.x firmware run 3DNES to play NES games?

Thanks in advance!! :)

-8.bit.fan

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi everyone!

New to this forum and the whole 3DS hacking scene.
As you can probably tell by my user name, I'm a huge retro game fan, and am very interested in the 3DNES and perhaps SNES on the 3DS in the future.

So, being a noob here, I was unable to find answers to a question that I have regarding running the 3DNES on my 3DS XL so I'll ask here and hope that one of you experts can help me out!

I know that in order to play 3DS games using the Gateway 3DS I'll need to get me a 3DS with firmware 4.1-4.5. However...

My question is, would I need a 3DS with firmware 4.1-4.5 in order to run 3DNES(and/or the SNES emulator in the future)?
Or will my current 3DS XL with the 8.x firmware run 3DNES to play NES games?

Thanks in advance!! :)

-8.bit.fan
wait it out, for a few weeks, there is a method for running homebrew on firmware up to 7.x and most probably 8.x due to be released soon, not quite sure how it will work as details are being kept under wraps until release, but if your just looking to run the emulators they should work fine on the new exploit

Reactions: 8.bit.fan

8.bit.fan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait it out, for a few weeks, there is a method for running homebrew on firmware up to 7.x and most probably 8.x due to be released soon, not quite sure how it will work as details are being kept under wraps until release, but if your just looking to run the emulators they should work fine on the new exploit
Thanks so much for the info!!
I'll definitely wait it out then as I'm in no hurry for this. :)

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, just got my Gateway today. I am running 4.5 firmware since emunand cannot be updated atm and Omega 2.2. Is it common for it to freeze occasionally when booting to GW mode? It seems like once every 5-10 times I boot it up I get black screens sometimes with white lines. I simply turn it off and back on and it works but is this common or do I have an issue with something?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
some SD cards can be a bit crappy loading up exploit, i had a few of the 2GB cards that came with the standard 3ds and they used to crash loading gateway more often than the 4GB you get on the XL, if it get really annoying try switching the card in the 3ds(the big one the launcher.dat goes on) for a different SD

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some SD cards can be a bit crappy loading up exploit, i had a few of the 2GB cards that came with the standard 3ds and they used to crash loading gateway more often than the 4GB you get on the XL, if it get really annoying try switching the card in the 3ds(the big one the launcher.dat goes on) for a different SD
Hmm alright, so it would basically just fall on the big SD card then? I just found an 8gb Transcend Class 6 card I had around, I will have to see if I have anything better. It kinda scared me at first but its booted up fine afterwards. So far it has only happened when it hit DS profile to load GW and after about 5 seconds or so it freezes and shows the black screens with white lines. I was planning on ordering a new SD card and micro SD card anyways.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the 8gb should be fine, the 4GB in the XL are class 4, not sure what the 2GB in the standard 2ds are as they have no class marking so probably something like a class 2, i assume its down to speed really as the 4GB class 4 are always pretty much spot on

but still it will always have a small chance of not loading up properly occasionally, but its only happened once to me since 2.2 used to be more common on the older FW's but it was still a very rare occurrence

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 8gb should be fine, the 4GB in the XL are class 4, not sure what the 2GB in the standard 2ds are as they have no class marking so probably something like a class 2, i assume its down to speed really as the 4GB class 4 are always pretty much spot on

but still it will always have a small chance of not loading up properly occationally, bt its only happened once to me since 2.2 used to be more common on the older FW's
Okay thanks, yeah I just didnt know if that was something that can happen or if I had a major issue. If its common depending on the SD card, then its okay. Ill replace the SD at some point but I can live with it having to be reset every now and then as long as its not anything to worry about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2