• Views 4,459,829
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
i download/purchased "SOUL OF DARKNESS" using this : MT-CARD (classic mode with the Latest Firmware 7.1 E) when i'm about to play it i get a BLACK SCREEN (yes i download twice but still the same), are the DSIWARE game can be play on Region-free mode?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you play online with Gateway? I don't get the stuff with game id's etc, sorry I'm new to this
You need to insert a header into roms in order to make them work online.
Where do you get these headers?
1) Dump your own cartridge games using and extract the header using gateway patcher 0.2
2) Use one of the public headers that people have posted

You can use any header from any game as long as you hex edit the headers to have the proper value.

icharleslin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

The wiki wording is a little confusing. I bought a new black 3ds today with the serial CW420XXXXX. I figure this is one with <4.5 but I need confirmation. Can anyone confirm for me?

Thanks!

Highly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.1.0 -11U on my hands right now. I'm pretty sure I updated custom firmware to be able to play with my Supercard DSTwo, would I be able to buy and use a 3DS flashcart, or am I still SoL and need to wait?

lostn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does the new BACKUP/RESTORE 3DS SAVEGAME function work? What I want to do is dump the save from my cartridge so I can play on ROM using the same save from the cartridge. Can I do that?

I backed up Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D save successfully off the cartridge, but when I tried to run the ROM, the save was not there. Am I supposed to use RESTORE 3DS SAVEGAME first? Does "Restore" mean it transfers the save file back to the cartridge, or is it just a required step to make the backup useable with a ROM?

PixieStix88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm okay thank you for the reply.

I just see tons of videos where people are getting it to work on the 2DS. So i guess they are all fake.

DVDVDcz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Gateway that I ordered came today and it is Legit. I have a quick question ... If I want to set up Emunand etc. is 2GB SD card which came with the 3DS enough or I need a bigger one (yes SD card not microSD)? I want the card only for saves and updates, no DLC or Games from eShop. I need a quick answer.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
How does the new BACKUP/RESTORE 3DS SAVEGAME function work? What I want to do is dump the save from my cartridge so I can play on ROM using the same save from the cartridge. Can I do that?

I backed up Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D save successfully off the cartridge, but when I tried to run the ROM, the save was not there. Am I supposed to use RESTORE 3DS SAVEGAME first? Does "Restore" mean it transfers the save file back to the cartridge, or is it just a required step to make the backup useable with a ROM?
you can use *some* saves dumped if you make a dump of your specific cartridge with it, unfortunately not with oot as the save chip used for it is only 128kb, gateway uses a 512kb save size so its not compatible, there is a thread regarding this where you can find out more info, but basically if the save dumped to the SD is 512kb (for example mario kart is) you just rename the save to the save name used for mario kart then dump your rom and change the file extension to .3dz
http://gbatemp.net/threads/confirm-if-your-retail-dump-and-sav-worked.365858/

So Gateway that I ordered came today and it is Legit. I have a quick question ... If I want to set up Emunand etc. is 2GB SD card which came with the 3DS enough or I need a bigger one (yes SD card not microSD)? I want the card only for saves and updates, no DLC or Games from eShop. I need a quick answer.
not really once you set up emunand your SD card will then only be 1GB it will be enough for saves and game patches but if you intend to download eshop games it will likely be full very fast and wouldn't even be enough for some eshop games at all

icharleslin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copyright 2012 is NOT a guarantee of firmware <= 4.5.0. Having a Nintendo Serial Number <= SW12xxxxxx x in North America, SEx1153xxxx x or SUx1035xxxx x in Europe, or SJF1265xxxx x in Japan for a 3DS XL (or <= CW421xxxxx x for a regular 3DS in North America) is.

This is taken from the wiki. As you can see though, the wording is a bit confusing.

The highest reported Nintendo Serial Number that came with 4.5.0:
Red/Black 3DS XL: SW1279xxxx x [DemiseScythe]
Blue/Black 3DS XL: SW1278xxxx x [drfsupercenter] (SW1335xxxx x reported > 4.5.0 [tlee22])
Pink/White 3DS XL: SW1286xxxx x [liquidsolidyetboth]
Midnight Purple 3DS: CW421xxxxx x [Orcastraw] (came with 4.4.0)

I bought a black 3DS with CW420XXXX, with 2012. Under Black it says SW1278XXXX, but under purple it says CW421XXXXXX. So, if all of the 3DS folow the same format then this SHOULD be under 4.5. I just spent money on a new 3DS and I can't return it opened. So I was trying to find confirmation.

Inwait

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to inform myself about the new online function and therefore I've got a question:

So how I understand it, it is possible to go online with scene releases by editing the header via hex editor even if you don't have a original cartridge by using one of the provided headers in the threads.

So I'd like to go online with my Harvest Moon: A New Beginning scene release. I edited the header and renamed it to 3DZ like I'm supposed to.
The problem is, that my savegame won't be recognized so I would have to start over.

My question is: Is there a way of using my old savegame from Harvest Moon with the new edited rom, where I would be able to go online?
Is it even possible for the new 3DZ rom to recognize a savegame made with the 3ds rom?
I read something about playing the game with emunand. Would playing the game with my old save in emunand and saving with it (emunand) turned on, make the savegame work with the 3DZ rom?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
My question is: Is there a way of using my old savegame from Harvest Moon with the new edited rom, where I would be able to go online?
Is it even possible for the new 3DZ rom to recognize a savegame made with the 3ds rom?
I read something about playing the game with emunand. Would playing the game with my old save in emunand and saving with it (emunand) turned on, make the savegame work with the 3DZ rom?
no, no, and no, sorry :)
maybe one day we will be able to, but at the moment no

Reactions: Inwait

Saitel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't find answer to this specific question, so I ask there.
I wanted to dump my friend's cart Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overlocked but I heard that his save might gone. He plays it on nonhacked 3DS with 5.1 firmware. Is it real? Can he dump his save for a while or something? Sorry if these are silly questions but I really wanna know

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I couldn't find answer to this specific question, so I ask there.
I wanted to dump my friend's cart Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overlocked but I heard that his save might gone. He plays it on nonhacked 3DS with 5.1 firmware. Is it real? Can he dump his save for a while or something? Sorry if these are silly questions but I really wanna know
As long as you don't boot up the cart in gateway mode classic the save should be fine. I don't think SMT overclocked uses new encryption method so it might be fine to actually boot the cart. But why risk it?

C RONALDO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm R4i deluxe edition user, I just ordered Gateway, Is there any steps that I have to do before copying the gateway's launcher on the sd card instead f the r4i's launcher ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think