• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

DullOxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just got my gateway working and now I want to play my pokemon x game which is a normal card not off the gateway. When I am in gateway mode the game doesnt show up at all. How do I play the game without updating the Sysnand?

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just got my gateway working and now I want to play my pokemon x game which is a normal card not off the gateway. When I am in gateway mode the game doesnt show up at all. How do I play the game without updating the Sysnand?

To get it to play retail carts just use classic mode.You might need to first update Gateway Mode to a version that supports the game either via system update or a retail cart.

The preferred method is though system update, ensure you see a GW before the firmware number. If you are worried about using that version then make a NAND backup, use 2.02B update your system to 7.1.0-16 then change to 2.01B.

Then go to classic mode and enjoy your retail carts! Note your e-shop will not work with 2.01B so you might want to grab the Pokemon update while on 2.02B.

DullOxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get it to play retail carts just use classic mode.You might need to first update Gateway Mode to a version that supports the game either via system update or a retail cart.

The preferred method is though system update, ensure you see a GW before the firmware number. If you are worried about using that version then make a NAND backup, use 2.02B update your system to 7.1.0-16 then change to 2.01B.

Then go to classic mode and enjoy your retail carts! Note your e-shop will not work with 2.01B so you might want to grab the Pokemon update while on 2.02B.

So Classic Mode sees the game but when I updated the game it now gives me a error when loading "The Saved game data is corrupted. Refer to the electronic manual for details ver 1.2"

Okay so this is probably because I did not go to 2.01b like suggested. Where do I get a copy of the 2.01b files and also is online play supported yet?

Thanks again

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Classic Mode sees the game but when I updated the game it now gives me a error when loading "The Saved game data is corrupted. Refer to the electronic manual for details ver 1.2"

Which btw the game loads fine on another 3ds without gateway mods

Ah I totally forgot! So sorry.

For Pokemon X & Y, (or any game running on 7.x encryption keys) No 7.x <-> 4.x emunand swapping. It can only be read on the 'firmware' it was originally started on.

Information from this thread Pokemon X/Y Retail Save Question

DullOxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I totally forgot! So sorry.

For Pokemon X & Y, (or any game running on 7.x encryption keys) No 7.x <-> 4.x emunand swapping. It can only be read on the 'firmware' it was originally started on.

Information from this thread Pokemon X/Y Retail Save Question

Okay so I have 2 versions of Pokemon. I have a Retail Cart of Pokemon X and a Digital Copy Of Pokemon Y. I want to be able to battle them. I have a save on both copies I do not want to lose but will deal with IF I have too. Since there is no way currently to backup the cart save to use with my Gateway modded 3DS I suppose I will have to play on the non-modded system. Now the non-modded system also has the digital version of Pokemon Y on it so if I boot to the store on the Gateway 3DS in classic mode and download the game as well as transfer over the game data from the SD of the none modded 3DS is there a chance I will be able to achieve this?

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now the non-modded system also has the digital version of Pokemon Y on it so if I boot to the store on the Gateway 3DS in classic mode and download the game as well as transfer over the game data from the SD of the none modded 3DS is there a chance I will be able to achieve this?

I thought you were only allowed to have one system have the digital copy of the game?
I tried something like this earlier with my digital copy, I had a save using emuNAND then updated my system to the latest and the save was considered corrupted. I had to delete the game from the SD and download it from e-shop. The game data on the non-modded system is tied to that system and encrypted for it. It's why you cannot rip e-shop games from one 3DS to another without re-downloading. (someone chime in if I am wrong please). Since both saves are made using firmware above what the emuNAND uses, the keys for the save aren't compatible at all. So far the only option is to start a new on the Gateway 3DS as the save will default to the lower key.

DullOxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you were only allowed to have one system have the digital copy of the game?
Eww that will mess stuff up for me :(. I was under the impression the digital copy was linked to your Nintendo ID and as long as you wipe one system of the ID you can add it on another and redownload the game. I was also hoping I could just move my save game over from one SD to the other thinking since its digital it would default to the emunand firmware since thats where it would be run under but I overlooked the chance that the digital and cart would use the same saving method making it unusable. Guess all I can do is start over or wait till gateway fixes this? Thanks again for all the help!

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eww that will mess stuff up for me :(. I was under the impression the digital copy was linked to your Nintendo ID and as long as you wipe one system of the ID you can add it on another and redownload the game. I was also hoping I could just move my save game over from one SD to the other thinking since its digital it would default to the emunand firmware since thats where it would be run under but I overlooked the chance that the digital and cart would use the same saving method making it unusable. Guess all I can do is start over or wait till gateway fixes this? Thanks again for all the help!

Yeah, but I donno if we will see a fix for saving with the later versions just yet. You are correct that it is one copy per Nintendo e-Shop, so you can have many 3DS on the same account but only one can have the game. I worded my earlier response poorly sorry.

It might work to backup your digital copy of the game and then re-download it on the Gateway 3DS. I am not sure if it will work as the backup version will be saved with the newer firmware. It's worth a shot though.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got my hands on a 3dslink, and i would like to transfer my wiiu's monster hunter 3u save to the 3ds but I dun have the save transfer app installed in the 3ds.

Is there any 100% brick free way of getting that done? would the new mtcard launcher work to get the app from the eshop and then use 3dslink 3.0 launcher (that's brick free right?) to play the game and run the save transfer app??

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got my hands on a 3dslink, and i would like to transfer my wiiu's monster hunter 3u save to the 3ds but I dun have the save transfer app installed in the 3ds.

Is there any 100% brick free way of getting that done? would the new mtcard launcher work to get the app from the eshop and then use 3dslink 3.0 launcher (that's brick free right?) to play the game and run the save transfer app??
You can try that. I think that not many persons have tested the save transfer app yet. But MT's EmuNAND is compatible with 3DS Link's.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I redeemed my Pokemon X code from the promotional, but since I'm using the stock 2 GB card with an EmuNand, I don't have enough space. I'm going to switch to an 8 GB card, but before I do, is there any special procedure to transferring emuNAND? If I'm not mistaken, it partitions out the SD card, so I imagine it's not a simple drag and drop.

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I redeemed my Pokemon X code from the promotional, but since I'm using the stock 2 GB card with an EmuNand, I don't have enough space. I'm going to switch to an 8 GB card, but before I do, is there any special procedure to transferring emuNAND? If I'm not mistaken, it partitions out the SD card, so I imagine it's not a simple drag and drop.

I'll quote myself a page back lol

Yes you would and if you are worried about loosing the information on your emuNAND your best option will be to back it up. If you are windows have a look at this thread emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread on how to take a backup. I also suggest backing up all the data on the card.

Once you make a backup of your 2GB card place the new 32GB card into your 3DS make and create a new emuNAND. Then take the card out use the tool to inject your backup emuNAND and place all your backup files back on the 32GB SD card.

ampogo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I know I'm in the right thread of this one lol. Is Gateway releasing a new hardware solution for it's upcoming multi-rom on one micro sd solution or is this just a firmware upgrade? Can I assuredly purchase a Gateway card now with no worries a newer version will be released right around the corner? Thanks.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi,

I know I'm in the right thread of this one lol. Is Gateway releasing a new hardware solution for it's upcoming multi-rom on one micro sd solution or is this just a firmware upgrade? Can I assuredly purchase a Gateway card now with no worries a newer version will be released right around the corner? Thanks.

It's just a software update.

Shinitai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I just wat to get this straight: homepass doesn't work with firmware 4.1-4.5, be it emu or real NAND, does it?
Can I get it to work with the latest firmware (7.1 something at the moment) on EmuNAND with Gateway 2.0b1? I've been trying but had no luck so far.

Edit: Also, I was able to watch a video on the Nintendo Zone. Does that mean my homepass setup is working?

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I just wat to get this straight: homepass doesn't work with firmware 4.1-4.5, be it emu or real NAND, does it?
Can I get it to work with the latest firmware (7.1 something at the moment) on EmuNAND with Gateway 2.0b1? I've been trying but had no luck so far.

Edit: Also, I was able to watch a video on the Nintendo Zone. Does that mean my homepass setup is working?

AFAIK, latest firmware on emunand requires 2.0b2. But once you've updated, you can downgrade back to 2.0b1

Shinitai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Nope, that's not accurate. You can update on 2.0b1 just fine, it's just some things don't work properly. I'm wondering if homepass is one of these things.

san_pedro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done some research now regarding the hardware mod and dumping/flashing NAND but found some conflicting information about the possibility to do so at a given point in time (probably because of outdated information? Better safe than sorry). I'm going to explain my intended use case scenario and would appreciate it if somebody can confirm whether it will or will not work like that.

I have a 3DSXL on 4.4.0 right now, still untouched. I intend to do the hardware mod and perform a NAND dump right away.
The way I see it, online on emuNAND is an issue that may never be fully resolved. Problem 1 appears to be that Nintendo seems to be able to just implement a new System Menu update and render current emuNAND online capabilities void for the time being. Problem 2 that touches on this is the new KeyY encryption that would make it impossible to simply switch to realNAND once this happens since the saves would appear to be corrupted - let's give Pokemon X/Y as specific example.
So, the way I would like to do it is to upgrade the System Menu on realNAND to the latest version at all times (leaving issues due to possible efuses aside for now) in order to play and use online features of my original cartridges, such as X/Y, as well as using stuff like the e-shop and so on. This state of the NAND would also get dumped.

Now, whenever I would like to use the 3DS flashcart, I would flash back the 4.4.0 NAND image to do that and flash the latest System Menu NAND image whenever I would like to play my original cartridges with online features. Essentially switching between two NAND images at all times.
I have read some conflicting information (which, again, may be outdated) about whether or not this is feasible or even possible due to the NAND locking up. This may also be related to the following paragraph:

On bricking: According to the stickied comparison thread (as of 1/16/14) (http://gbatemp.net/threads/comparison-of-3ds-flash-carts-features-1-16-14.358243/) there are reports on possible bricks for the clone cards as well as elsewhere for the Gateway. Is this the brick that happens due to the NAND's size getting rewritten to appear as 0 bytes large that can be fixed using this method? http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-unbricking-progress.361171/

So, to summrarize:
Hardware mod dump 4.4.0 NAND -> update to latest System Menu and dump NAND again.
Switch between NAND images for different use cases. Possible?
Unbrick using Arduino/Raspi. Possible?

Most of this may be very obvious, however the FAQ is not always 100% conclusive about this so I'd just like to make sure. Thanks in advance.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was gonna make a new thread but I decided I'd give the noon paradise a try... My question is ... Since you can only have one ROM on your gateway card is there some sort of application for an android phone like windows disk imager 32 so that I can write a game to an SD card from my phone? Thanks for the reply in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof