• Views 4,478,423
  • Replies 53,782
  • Likes 43

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone I have a question about this explanation.I could not figure out what I need to do.
it is a quote from -3ds hacking faq -
My saves are being lost after I exit a game

• Solution: If it freeze when exiting the game, do not launch the game again! Your progress is not lost yet, the save is still on the flashcart. Put the SD card on your computer and verify that the .sav file for your game is present. If it's not on the SD card, you need to restore one of your backup (you should do savegame backup to your computer regularly). Now launch the same game, and it will load the savegame located in the flashcart.
Attention: If you launch a different game, it will erase the savegame chipset. If you launch the game while there's no .sav for a game, the flashcart reinitialize the savegame chipset.

you know when this bug happens the 3ds is completely frozen ,this happened to me once and I was not able to back out everything stopped responding and the only feasible solution was to hold down the power button.

Above it says
"Put the SD card on your computer "
do we do that while the console is running (in frozen state)

and is this the sd card that we are using in gateway ? Or is it the sd card that is located inside the console itself?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
the second question I have

I had a 3ds original which I set up the gateway running 2.0b1
Now I bought a new 3ds xl and I am going to setup the very same gateway card for this console.

is there anything I need to be careful about so as not to mess with the hack on both of these devices because I would like to use them both interchangeably.
I plan on using gateway version 1.2 on the latest console that I bought because the 2.01b's savegame issues are annoying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can I transfer my gateway savegames from my old console to the new one ?

if so how?I could not find any info on the guide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for too many questions,I hope you don't mind

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On google I get only weird emulators with surveys .
So I thought, let's ask the profs... :)
No there's no emulators. All of those sites are fake. They get money when you complete the ads. It will probably be several years before one is out. The technology is getting more and more complicated to try to replicate.

Tranman409

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question about saving. After I do the "exit to 3ds home screen to save", do I have to do it everytime I want to stop playing? or could I save normally via in-game after only doing it once

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question about saving. After I do the "exit to 3ds home screen to save", do I have to do it everytime I want to stop playing? or could I save normally via in-game after only doing it once

everytime you want to save your progress you have to do the ritual
.First save your progress in game.Then in order to transfer this save to the sd card
press home press x to close.

Reactions: Tranman409

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does anybody eles have this problem?

i recently played bravely default (before the bricking-wave started) on version 3.2 but after downgrading to firmware 2.0 my save didnt work anymore. i have an back-up but every time i replace the save file the game says that the save file is corrupted and deleted...

does anybody has a solution?

and is 3.3b save?

spiderben25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Its because keys used to encrypt the saves are different between firmware 4.5 and 6.x+.
I don't know which clone you're using but you were probably playing on Emunand (6.x or higher), then you reverted back to Sysnand (4.5), so your savegame isn't recognized.
You have to play the game using the same firmware.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime you want to save your progress you have to do the ritual
.First save your progress in game.Then in order to transfer this save to the sd card
press home press x to close.
I asked this question before but after transferring the save the first time, I never did it again (for that game) and my progress still saved after turning off the ds.
Im still wondering is the irst time is the only needed time to exit home,etc.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Above it says
"Put the SD card on your computer "
do we do that while the console is running (in frozen state)

and is this the sd card that we are using in gateway ? Or is it the sd card that is located inside the console itself?
1. shutdown the console. keep the power button pressed to force a shutdown.

2. it's the Big SD card in the 3DS. (the other one is a MicroSD, not SD, and there's no files on the microSD card, no file, no savegames).

So, shutdown the console.
put the SD card on computer to verify that the save file is on the SD card.
There are two choices now :
1) The save file is not present. Gateway didn't write the file at all, or deleted it.
2) The save file is present. But it's now probably corrupted.

In both case, restore (copy/replace) a previous backup of your savegame from your computer to the SD card.
Yes, replace your "current" save file, with an old one.

3. Put the SD card back into your 3DS.
Switch on the 3DS.
Launch Gateway mode.
Run the SAME game.
The game will now detect that you are running the SAME game, and will not import the save file. Instead it will load the save data located inside the flashcard's chipset.

Being sure that the savegame is present and not corrupted prevent the flashcart from reseting the current save data stored in the flashcart.
The flashcart's internal save chipset is reset when :
- You run a different game
- You run a game with no save file on SD card.

the second question I have

I had a 3ds original which I set up the gateway running 2.0b1
Now I bought a new 3ds xl and I am going to setup the very same gateway card for this console.

is there anything I need to be careful about so as not to mess with the hack on both of these devices because I would like to use them both interchangeably.
I plan on using gateway version 1.2 on the latest console that I bought because the 2.01b's savegame issues are annoying.

There's nothing special. All console's hack works the same way. You need to be on 4.1 to 4.5.

The only issue you can find is If you use EmuNAND : The EmuNAND will only work on the console used to created it.
If you plan to use two different console with the same (big) SD card, then don't use EmuNAND.

can I transfer my gateway savegames from my old console to the new one ?

if so how?I could not find any info on the guide.
The savegame are stored on the Big SD card.
There's nothing to do to "transfer" the save to the other console other than copying the .sav files to the big SD card, or to use the same SD card.

koruwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any issues freezing when trying to go into GW mode? It works fine if I hold L to bring up the GUI and select GW but freezes if I don't hold L.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol