• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks so delete launcher dat, launch ds game (original or flashcard) and thats it?

After deleting launcher.dat and launching a ds game I do what? I go to system settings profile -> L + Nintendo DS-Profile? You can reply in german (if you want).

Well, replying in german would sadly be against the rules.

Anyway: I just meant to say that you don't have to launch a game from a DS flashcart in order to remove the exploit (which happens to be stored in NVRAM), just launching a DS cartridge suffices.

Ok I have brought a 3DS with firmware 1.4.1

I have got a EU DonkeyKong 3D cart, would that upgrade that to an exploitable firmware, if so to which firmware version?

according to http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range donkeykong is 4.5, but it should give you the exact version in the "update required. do you want to?" dialogue message anyway.

Reactions: Pablo007

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding brands: only common negative feedback I've seen yet is for Kingston. Never had one, but ever since bootmii that's the company that gets the most negative reports.

Sandisk and Transcend are the most often recommended. (Personally I'm using both and haven't had any problems yet.)

In regards to speed/classes I'll quote myself:

Yeah, I've seen enough posts now to just avoid Kingston. Read a few Amazon reviews that claimed they got a fake card (verified via Kingston support) and bought it from Amazon directly, not a reseller.

I think I'll end up going with a Sandisk Ultra 32gb. Goes for $25 either from Amazon or Microcenter.

As for the normal SD card is there a max that the 3DS or reliability issues for larger cards? People have mentioned that >32gb microsd cards cna have reliability issues.

Pablo007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I've seen enough posts now to just avoid Kingston. Read a few Amazon reviews that claimed they got a fake card (verified via Kingston support) and bought it from Amazon directly, not a reseller.

I think I'll end up going with a Sandisk Ultra 32gb. Goes for $25 either from Amazon or Microcenter.

As for the normal SD card is there a max that the 3DS or reliability issues for larger cards? People have mentioned that >32gb microsd cards cna have reliability issues.

I just got my gw yesterday and I have also got a Sandisk 32GB HC Class10 Micro SD Card. On Kingston-memory-card I get freezes and game-crashes. Same rom on sandisk works fine.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

As far as I'm aware Ninty only officially supports up to 32GB, but some reports I've read mentioned 64GB and 128GB work just fine.

The question is: what are you planning to do with all that space? emunand takes up roughly 1GB, eshop only games like the new Phoenix Wright weigh in at about 500MB (at least for now). Unless you plan to go on a shopping spree a 4GB should be fine, although an 8GB one would offer some more headroom.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As far as I'm aware Ninty only officially supports up to 32GB, but some reports I've read mentioned 64GB and 128GB work just fine.

The question is: what are you planning to do with all that space? emunand takes up roughly 1GB, eshop only games like the new Phoenix Wright weigh in at about 500MB (at least for now). Unless you plan to go on a shopping spree a 4GB should be fine, although an 8GB one would offer some more headroom.
I don't think that 4GB are enough for every demo, some songs and maybe some videos. It's really easy to full 4GB.

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that 4GB are enough for every demo, some songs and maybe some videos. It's really easy to full 4GB.

I have a phone for music, a laptop and other devices for videos. All I would use my 3DS for is games, but I get why people would say 4gb isn't enough. I'll probably grab a 8gb SD card since they are cheap anyways. I probably won't even take my 3DS online or use emuNAND anyways, but I don't want to buy and then have to transfew everything later on to a new card. I'd like to get my 3DS set up and just have it that way.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a phone for music, a laptop and other devices for videos. All I would use my 3DS for is games, but I get why people would say 4gb isn't enough. I'll probably grab a 8gb SD card since they are cheap anyways. I probably won't even take my 3DS online or use emuNAND anyways, but I don't want to buy and then have to transfew everything later on to a new card. I'd like to get my 3DS set up and just have it that way.
My "Nintendo 3DS" folder with almost every demo, every NSMB2 DLC and some other games is about 5.5 GB large. I'm sure that you can get to 7-8GB very easy (i.e. with a nintendo advertisement where you get a free download game for something else).
You can't watch videos in 3D on your computer.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Well, if and when they release a demo which is bigger than 3GB I don't want to know how big the retail version will be:)

But you are right: if one downloads tons of stuff (should have written download spree instead of shopping spree) the available 3-ish GB will be filled up sooner than later.

Shoulda/coulda/woulda have mentioned that I'm using a 8 GB card, too.

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My "Nintendo 3DS" folder with almost every demo, every NSMB2 DLC and some other games is about 5.5 GB large. I'm sure that you can get to 7-8GB very easy (i.e. with a nintendo advertisement where you get a free download game for something else).
You can't watch videos in 3D on your computer.

I'm just saying not everyone downloads every demo and uses their 3DS to watch video. For many 4gb is plenty. For some like you, 8gb is barely enough.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, if and when they release a demo which is bigger than 3GB I don't want to know how big the retail version will be:)

But you are right: if one downloads tons of stuff (should have written download spree instead of shopping spree) the available 3-ish GB will be filled up sooner than later.

Shoulda/coulda/woulda have mentioned that I'm using a 8 GB card, too.
I used 16 Gig and I filled a bit more than the half (but now I use it for something else).

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is a 8GB Sandisk Micro sd card enough for games on a gateway ?

how big are nintendo 3ds roms
As of yet the biggest ROMs are 4GiB (which should be 8-ish% bigger than 4GB) untrimmed, which means they won't fit on most 4GB SD cards, although I haven't come across one yet which can't be trimmed down to a fitting size (I'm looking at you, bravely default!).

But as far as i know the 3DS platform is designed to support games up to 8GiB, which could mean if they release one of those it wouldn't fit on 8GB cards (untrimmed again).

But as Technicmaster0 pointed out correctly: Multirom (meaning multiple games on a single microSD), so you should aim for 16GB or 32GB.

I used 16 Gig and I filled a bit more than the half (but now I use it for something else).

I might go out on a limb here, but I suspect not everyone keeps more than two demos downloaded at the same time ;)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As of yet the biggest ROMs are 4GiB (which should be 8-ish% bigger than 4GB) untrimmed, which means they won't fit on most 4GB SD cards, although I haven't come across one yet which can't be trimmed down to a fitting size (I'm looking at you, bravely default!).

But as far as i know the 3DS platform is designed to support games up to 8GiB, which could mean if they release one of those it wouldn't fit on 8GB cards (untrimmed again).
However there are no 8GiB cards yet and I hope for the GW team that they release their firmware before 8GiB cards come out.

kimdoocheol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody in another thread mentioned that you can use cheats on the Gateway 3ds. I have not found any instructions on how to do this? Could someone guide me in the right place?

Thanks.

kimdoocheol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, you cannot. I think you were looking at that thread about importing cheated Pokemon from Black/White 2 using the Poke-Transporter tool, which involves cheating on a DS, not a 3DS.

I asked in the flash cart comparison thread. I said that R4i has cheats for 3ds, but the gateway didn't. Somebody then said that there was. Maybe they thought I was asking about 2ds games, then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer