Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not replicable, probably only some features.
for example Saving directly to MicroSD instead of SD.

And if it's only for "some" features, maybe users could continue using their current GW card without updating it, they will only don't have access to the new features.

We will see how they choose to release their next version.
it could be a partial features missing, or a fully updated FPGA required to use the new launcher.dat.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what mode is recommended when running eshop games?
if you purchase a game from the eshop like Zelda will it work online?

kiddi88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have r4i gold deluxe 3ds and games always freeze after a few minutes. The sound stops and then it freeze and i have already tried different micro sd cards and a lot of games and doesn't work. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I'm running 3.2 firmware not emunand.

DullOxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone first off I did some reading and from what I can gathered I am screwed on this but it never hurts to ask. Let me start with I have a Red/Black 3DS XL with a serial:SW1185 that I bought brand new for my girlfriend from a bestbuy in October this year. I wanted to get a flashcart for her to play other games and being a noob to the 3ds hacking scene I got the Gateway 3DS and like i'm sure many other did as well made the noob mistake that the 3DS I have now has SYSNAND 7.1.0-14U. So even tho I have read around these forums are pretty vast and I just wanted to confirm a few things.

First off it looks like when I bought the unit new the Gateway 3DS would have most likely been compatible because it should have been in the supported SYSNAND range is that right?

Second now that I am on SYSNAND 7.1.0-14U without having backed up the factory SYSNAND I cannot downgrade to a SYSNAND that the Gateway 3DS does support?

Third there is always the possibility that eventually this SYSNAND will be compatible and I will be able to use the Gateway 3DS in the future but is there any way at all to use the blue or red cards on the system I have to play 2DS games and whatnot?

Lastly (and this is more a last resort I don't really want to do but have considered) since I did buy the 3DS from bestbuy and used to work there I also bought a warranty on the system knowing that it was very possible that my girlfriend may break it or that if there was a hardware mod I may break it. Would it be better for me to just brick this system and exchange it for another with a serial that is in the range for the Gateway 3DS to work in and if I were to do so am I correct that the newest Pokemon X/Y will function on the system fine as long as I have the correct EMUNAND to do so?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
One more question; if I understood correctly, the next GW update(with nand based saving and multirom) won't be replicable on clones due to the lack of hardware parts, am I right?

That's what the Gateway team is saying, but it seems unlikely due to how similar the cards are. It just sounds like a scare tactic to not buy the other cards, and to stick with them.

Remember that I own a Gateway, circlejerkers. Don't start a fight, I'm just stating my opinion.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone first off I did some reading and from what I can gathered I am screwed on this but it never hurts to ask. Let me start with I have a Red/Black 3DS XL with a serial:SW1185 that I bought brand new for my girlfriend from a bestbuy in October this year. I wanted to get a flashcart for her to play other games and being a noob to the 3ds hacking scene I got the Gateway 3DS and like i'm sure many other did as well made the noob mistake that the 3DS I have now has SYSNAND 7.1.0-14U. So even tho I have read around these forums are pretty vast and I just wanted to confirm a few things.

First off it looks like when I bought the unit new the Gateway 3DS would have most likely been compatible because it should have been in the supported SYSNAND range is that right?

Second now that I am on SYSNAND 7.1.0-14U without having backed up the factory SYSNAND I cannot downgrade to a SYSNAND that the Gateway 3DS does support?

Third there is always the possibility that eventually this SYSNAND will be compatible and I will be able to use the Gateway 3DS in the future but is there any way at all to use the blue or red cards on the system I have to play 2DS games and whatnot?

Lastly (and this is more a last resort I don't really want to do but have considered) since I did buy the 3DS from bestbuy and used to work there I also bought a warranty on the system knowing that it was very possible that my girlfriend may break it or that if there was a hardware mod I may break it. Would it be better for me to just brick this system and exchange it for another with a serial that is in the range for the Gateway 3DS to work in and if I were to do so am I correct that the newest Pokemon X/Y will function on the system fine as long as I have the correct EMUNAND to do so?

Well there's no hope for firmware 7.x for the moment and i'm sure near future as it is likely that if they ever found a new exploit will be on 5.x or 6.x. your last resort is more like your only choice if you want to use a gateway card.

And yes a pokemon retail card works under emuNAND on the Gateway last firmware.

Reactions: Huntereb

DullOxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there's no hope for firmware 7.x for the moment and i'm sure near future as it is likely that if they ever found a new exploit will be on 5.x or 6.x. your last resort is more like your only choice if you want to use a gateway card.

And yes a pokemon retail card works under emuNAND on the Gateway last firmware.

Out of curiosity why is it more likely that they would find an exploit in a older firmware revision then say 7.1? I know next to nothing about this so I am just wondering. I have no idea who the main players are when it comes to finding new exploits but doesn't it make more sense to attempt to crack the newest firmware being that if it were possible it would be accessible to anyone and not just someone with a retail card that has the update? Or for that matter to find a way to use a cart to install a custom firmware similar to how some official cards can?

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Out of curiosity why is it more likely that they would find an exploit in a older firmware revision then say 7.1? I know next to nothing about this so I am just wondering. I have no idea who the main players are when it comes to finding new exploits but doesn't it make more sense to attempt to crack the newest firmware being that if it were possible it would be accessible to anyone and not just someone with a retail card that has the update? Or for that matter to find a way to use a cart to install a custom firmware similar to how some official cards can?

'cause it's been around longer and most of the time nintendo, sony, microsoft, etc. apply patches to vulnerabilities and bugs in new firmware versions.

DullOxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'cause it's been around longer and most of the time nintendo, sony, microsoft, etc. apply patches to vulnerabilities and bugs in new firmware versions.

I understand that I was asking why waste time and effort on something that could just as easily not happen? I mean like you said if I want to get the card working I can just get a new 3DS at the store that has the correct firmware. Given that not everyone has that option but you could buy one used also. Why waste efforts on something for a minor improvement instead of trying hack/crack the newest and best for a potential longer solution?

DullOxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if basically my only option is to brick the system then my question becomes this. I have a 3 year accidental warranty on the 3DS XL which will either replace the system with one of the same if they are available or the next best thing regardless of how the system is broken. The warranty cost me $70 so I am wondering if there is a alternate solution that does not cost $70?

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if basically my only option is to brick the system then my question becomes this. I have a 3 year accidental warranty on the 3DS XL which will either replace the system with one of the same if they are available or the next best thing regardless of how the system is broken. The warranty cost me $70 so I am wondering if there is a alternate solution that does not cost $70?

Dont double post...
And you could change the motherboard, which would essentially downgrade your 3ds but you would have yo open your 3ds and lose your warranty so no..
And the motherboard costs $80.. so no

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a 4.x xl (preferably 4.4) go to:
-system settings
-Other settings
-Nintendo DS Profile

On this screen what color is the background? Is it grey or blue?
Also is it a solid color or does it look like a bunch of horizontal lines?

I have two xls and one has lines while the other is solid. I'm not sure if there's a problem or if Nintendo changed it in firmware updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff