• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

rrevbra

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm late in updating the emunand to 6.3 and now stuck with 4.5

Can i play games with 5.0+ firmware requirements ? I read something about firmware spoof in Gateway mode, but can`t find anything like it in Gateway menu, the only option is emunand mode and classic mode

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I just bought R4 SDHC Dual Core 2013 earlier. And I have no idea how it works. I tried downloading stuff from their website but I think my 3DS version is superior to it (7.1.0-14U) It just shows an error has occured.. So yup, if anyone has the same card as mine, please link me to things that could help me. Thank you guys! Happy New Year.

Sorry, but you are out of luck: as of now the 3DS mode carts only work on firmware 4.1 - 4.5 on the 3DS(XL).

It might happen one day that they will work on higher versions (5.x+), but for that to happen someone would need to find an exploit first.

I'm late in updating the emunand to 6.3 and now stuck with 4.5

Can i play games with 5.0+ firmware requirements ? I read something about firmware spoof in Gateway mode, but can`t find anything like it in Gateway menu, the only option is emunand mode and classic mode

using the new beta (2.0b2) you can safely update the emunand to the now current firmware 7.1 (as long as you follow the guide carefully, especially not exiting settings once you have verified that GW3D is shown in front of the version number).

but if you don't want to access the eshop or homepass there is no need to update. the firmwarespoofing works automaticly (for sure in gateway mode, not sure about classic), no need to activate it anywhere.

rrevbra

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry, but you are out of luck: as of now the 3DS mode carts only work on firmware 4.1 - 4.5 on the 3DS(XL).

It might happen one day that they will work on higher versions (5.x+), but for that to happen someone would need to find an exploit first.

using the new beta (2.0b2) you can safely update the emunand to the now current firmware 7.1 (as long as you follow the guide carefully, especially not exiting settings once you have verified that GW3D is shown in front of the version number).

but if you don't want to access the eshop or homepass there is no need to update. the firmwarespoofing works automaticly (for sure in gateway mode, not sure about classic), no need to activate it anywhere.

So i can play title like Bravely Default on emunand 4.5 ?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i can play title like Bravely Default on emunand 4.5 ?
As far as i know from lurking these forums yes, although I have never tried it as i did update the emunand to 7.1 in order to get the game updates and phoenix wright from the eshop.

edit: oh and not to forget homepasses for bravely default, which make the game quite a bit easier (I dislike having to wait 99 hours playtime for an upgrade in my village)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, ALL games ROM work on emuNAND, except Pokémon and Animal Crossing.

The version of EmuNAND has no effect on ROM.
You can use 4.5.0 or 7.1.0, it works the same way.
You can even NOT use emuNAND, and it will work.

EmuNAND is not required for ROM.

EmuNAND is needed only for eShop access and Retail game cartridge playing.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if I setup wifi in emunand does the information automatically get added to my sysnand settings?

if it does can I delete the wifi info from the sysnand while keeping it in the emunand?

last providing the second question works, does playing retail carts online with classic mode require the wifi setting to be setup in the sysnand or would having it only in emunand work?

looking to stop any potential unwanted firmware updates

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if I setup wifi in emunand does the information automatically get added to my sysnand settings?
It was said to affect SysNAND.
I tried only with 2.0b2, I edited the existing connection setting and it didn't automatically edit the SysNAND setting. Both are different. maybe it's fixed in 2.0b2, or maybe it affects only "adding a new connection" option.

if it does can I delete the wifi info from the sysnand while keeping it in the emunand?
You can delete or edit the one in SysNAND, it will not affect/delete the one in EmuNAND.

last providing the second question works, does playing retail carts online with classic mode require the wifi setting to be setup in the sysnand or would having it only in emunand work?
it will use the settings set in EmuNAND only.

kenwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi & happy new year to all...:grog:.

i have some question/issue regarding gateway blue card and would like some help on it. I hope that I can explain it correctly. Here goes.

I have gateway cards that I have use happily with my 3ds xl with firmware version 4.2. Recently, I have bought a used 3ds (not xl) with firmware version 4.5 and tried to use the same gateway cards on that 3ds. Unfortunately, when I try to enter DS mode to install the gateway installer by launching the "Deep Labyrinth Atlus USA' , my higher firmware 3ds encountered error and need to power off. Do note that the "Deep Labyrinth'' is still appeared when blue card inserted but error when launched. I then try to use the same gateway blue card on my older 3ds xl, I managed to enter the DS mode and proceed to re-install the gateway installer successfully. I have tried a few times on the newer 3ds but still cannot enter into DS mode.

I have read it somewhere for people that have the same issue on the blue card, they only managed to get into DS mode and install the gateway installer by using other DS flashcart preferably DSTWO (although other R4 cards can also be use).

Currently, I do not have any DS or 3DS cartridge lying around that I can use to test on my 3ds. I have also tried using Panasonic SD formatter v4 and different microsd card but still the 3ds giving the same error.

So, is it correct that if I assumed that blue card that had been used on lower firmware 3ds will not be able to be used again on other/same 3ds with higher firmware? is there any other way to get my blue cards to be used again on my higher firmware 3ds as if possible I do not want to get another DS flashcart? Thanks.

anon123857438

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I have a gateway 3ds and I've heard you can use the blue cart the run DS roms, i've extracted the wood r4 firmware to the root of the sd card (sdhc) and it gives me an error when i launch the card on my 3ds

telumetan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Once emuNAND is updated to 7.1 or whatever latest system version, is it okay/safe to just have wi-fi on, or should it be off?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is it possible to get DLC for Japanese game on my US 3ds ?

No.
Hi guys, I have a gateway 3ds and I've heard you can use the blue cart the run DS roms, i've extracted the wood r4 firmware to the root of the sd card (sdhc) and it gives me an error when i launch the card on my 3ds

Check your files, reformat it... Go to the ds section for more.
Once emuNAND is updated to 7.1 or whatever latest system version, is it okay/safe to just have wi-fi on, or should it be off?

Just turn it on when you need it.

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about trying to get street passing setup on my 3ds and I am only running gw 1.2 atm because i had some save issues with 2.0b1. I guess I just wanted some basic do's and don'ts of that. I know I might need 2.0b2 and emunand but I might wait for final at this point since it might be coming soon and I am just playing old games atm.

futurisma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
guys hi and happy new year. i wanted to buy a 3ds console but i do not want to give somuch money after for games. is there a hack to play even normal ds games for the moment hacked ? is there a thread i can read ? are there roms somewhere to download from ?
thank you

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you need to create a NNID and an account to download game's update and demo?
Their website says you need NNID to download free demos and game's updates, but it's not needed to download retail games. they are doing it in reverse? you should be able to test games without an account, and need one to buy games.

Do you guys give your real name, addresses and bank informations then link it to nintendo club account, together while pirating openly, using emunand and giving your 3DS Friend code online?
I guess Nintendo doesn't "send legal letters" or ban you for pirating unless you upload games.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I got a 32GB microSD for my Gateway cart, and an 8GB microSD for the blue cart so I can use it for DS games after installation. Is the 4GB SD card that came with my 3DS XL likely to be big enough for all my saves? Or are saves stored on the microSD with Gateway, and only downloaded eShop games/pictures/videos on the SD card?

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 32GB microSD for my Gateway cart, and an 8GB microSD for the blue cart so I can use it for DS games after installation. Is the 4GB SD card that came with my 3DS XL likely to be big enough for all my saves? Or are saves stored on the microSD with Gateway, and only downloaded eShop games/pictures/videos on the SD card?

As of now the 3DS saves go to the SD card. Between the 8 games ive played they are all 512 kb so size should not be an issue unless you take a lot of pictures and stuff. I think that the DS games will save to the micro sd card but I haven't used that yet, but the saves should be relitively small for that aswell. E shop games will take a lot of space at least 128 MB in most cases up to a gig i think

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As of now the 3DS saves go to the SD card. Between the 8 games ive played they are all 512 kb so size should not be an issue unless you take a lot of pictures and stuff. I think that the DS games will save to the micro sd card but I haven't used that yet, but the saves should be relitively small for that aswell. E shop games will take a lot of space at least 128 MB in most cases up to a gig i think
Alright, good to know. I went ahead and picked up a 16GB SD card from Amazon. Only $10, and with as long as the DS lasted, Nintendo is bound to sucker me into buying plenty of eshop games during the lifetime of the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo