• Likes 43

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I have a great save file here on my Pokemon Y cart. I'd love to be able to backup the save and start the game fresh. I'm not worried about transferring Pokemon between the two or anything else. I just want to know if I can backup the completed game file, start a new file and then if I need. Be able to go back into the backup save file and play from that one as well. Thanks in advance for any answers!

Can't backup Nand-based saving titles yet, sorry.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can I rollback to 2.0b1 or even 1.2 if I have the 7.1 firmware on emunand? are they compatible?
also: I only have retail pokemon X for now (the GW card is arriving). will my save be in danger with 2.0b1? or aren't retail cards' saves affected?
in case 7.1 isn't compatible with 2.0b1, I can recreate emunand with 6.3 since I have it downloaded in realnand. but, again, what will happen to my pokemon X save?

thanks for the help.

M

milkman12345

The R4 3DS deluxe 2.0 Launcher.dat doesn't work for me, but the 3.3B one does. If I change the time on my 3DS to lets say 1st January 2011 will I be safe?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
The R4 3DS deluxe 2.0 Launcher.dat doesn't work for me, but the 3.3B one does. If I change the time on my 3DS to lets say 1st January 2011 will I be safe?

It's better you just not touch the firmwares containing the brick code... You don't want to potentially destroy your console...

Just wait for an update, which should come sooner or later.

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some save issues with 2.0b1, when playing SM3DW I would save in game, then >home>X>A, but it would hang on closing about 70% of the time. I turn off my 3DS by holding the power button and when I load up SM3DW my save is back to the last successful >home>X>A.

When this happens is there a way to recover the saved progress? Or are you just SOL when it hangs at the closing software screen?

I've gone down to 1.2 and haven't had any issues with the freezing. I would like to play a few of the newer games, but I don't want to risk losing progress because of this. I'm hoping I'm just not using the save function properly.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some save issues with 2.0b1, when playing SM3DW I would save in game, then >home>X>A, but it would hang on closing about 70% of the time. I turn off my 3DS by holding the power button and when I load up SM3DW my save is back to the last successful >home>X>A.

When this happens is there a way to recover the saved progress? Or are you just SOL when it hangs at the closing software screen?

I've gone down to 1.2 and haven't had any issues with the freezing. I would like to play a few of the newer games, but I don't want to risk losing progress because of this. I'm hoping I'm just not using the save function properly.

Yeah, 2.0b1 is very buggy, so if you don't need to play any of the newer games, it's best to use 1.2. Only use 2.0b1 if you really need it, like for a newer game.

Reactions: MrOldboy

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, I have a question. What firmware does this bundle come with?

mariokart7bundle.jpg

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in north America its 4.1 if I remember correctly. you will need to connect to the eshop to update the game if you ever plan to play it online. newer prints of the retail carts have the update already applied.

I saw it at my local retailer right next to this bundle. I assume they're in the safe firmware range. I don't plan to play online with either one, so what will I miss if I don't update NSMB2 bundle 3DS?

Thanks much.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw it at my local retailer right next to this bundle. I assume they're in the safe firmware range. I don't plan to play online with either one, so what will I miss if I don't update NSMB2 bundle 3DS?

Thanks much.

the 3D land xl bundle is not north American, it was never released here. I have no idea what firmware it has.

Reactions: Killer Phantom

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You are doing nothing wrong. b1 has a save issue where it will hang sometimes. I'm not sure the cause was ever found, as Gateway claimed they couldn't replicate it and it doesn't seem to do it for everyone (I used b1 for a long time, no freezes), but it was fixed in b2 (but of course that has the whole bricking thing).

However you can try 1 of 2 things.

Try to give it a bit of time between doing stuff. So save in game, wait 5 seconds before pressing home and then wait another 5 or so before closing. Seems to fix it for some.

The other way is

Load game, make a save. Exit game. If it does not freeze, then it will be fine until you turn the system off. Annoying, but at least you won't lose progress.

Reactions: MrOldboy

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just replaced my launcher.dat with the v1.2 version. However, emunand 7.1 is still on my sd card, aswell as some other files from the emunand enviroment. (saves, etc)

Atm I'm only playing some ds games until the brick reports have calmed down, but does this emunand partition matter for my blue card (to play sd rom)?
Oh and the bluecard exploit is deleted when a ds game is launched, right?

Nickienator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since the eShop should work with the 4.5 sysNAND + 7.1 emuNAND + Gateway 2.0b2 combo, is there any clear tutorial on how to update to this? All I have atm is Gateway itself, and I don't know which version it is.

Before I even try this, I have to ask though: Does a working eShop mean it's possible to buy and download DLC that expand a ROM game your playing? In this case the extra missions for Shin Megami Tensei IV (US). And if so, is it even possible for me to get on the American eShop with an European 3DS?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kelkador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use this method, which may alter game saves on retail carts of newer games, would it still alter the saves of the same games if they were downloaded from the eshop?

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys! After Devin's post about his bricked 3ds, I decided to roll back to 2.0b1 but since my emunand is on 7.1, 2.0b1 doesn't work for backup games. It boots fine but doesn't recognize the game on the GW cart. That's known issue but how can I continue playing Bravely Default ... 1.2 works but my 15 hours save game isn't recognised by 1.2. If I remove emunand but use the 2.0b1 launcher will my save work? I remember seeing a thread on how to remove Emunand but I can't find it anymore :S thx

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
Oh noes I forgot I don't have anymore emunand, and left the 3DS closed whith wifi on so it downloaded the update and I got the nag... Format needed or just wiping the SD card is enouth ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Format is needed (it will change your friendcode/friend list/things related to the console's ID, etc., maybe eshop saves won't work anymore? someone has a list of what a format is affecting?)
Or wait for the next update available, start downloading it and shutdown the router. Users said it forced the 3DS to fully delete the previously downloaded update files.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys! After Devin's post about his bricked 3ds, I decided to roll back to 2.0b1 but since my emunand is on 7.1, 2.0b1 doesn't work for backup games. It boots fine but doesn't recognize the game on the GW cart. That's known issue but how can I continue playing Bravely Default ... 1.2 works but my 15 hours save game isn't recognised by 1.2. If I remove emunand but use the 2.0b1 launcher will my save work? I remember seeing a thread on how to remove Emunand but I can't find it anymore :S thx

FYI I just formated the SD card with a low level frormatter (HDDLLF) put back the 2.0b1 with my save files and everything is running fine without emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?