• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

libraryaddict115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I know there is no multirom compatibility yet for the 3ds.

But I'm not sure if this extends to the ds games.
I've ordered a gateway a few days ago.
And I'm wondering if I am able to do multiroms.

From what I understand, one of the cards is for gateway.
The other card is a normal flashcard.

Does that normal flashcard have compatibility for multiroms?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know there is no multirom compatibility yet for the 3ds.

But I'm not sure if this extends to the ds games.
I've ordered a gateway a few days ago.
And I'm wondering if I am able to do multiroms.

From what I understand, one of the cards is for gateway.
The other card is a normal flashcard.

Does that normal flashcard have compatibility for multiroms?

Yes it does, it's just a slightly modified r4i[whateversubversion] clone.

alepman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys,i wanted to ask,is there any application to make 3DS icons visible on a PC?
When i had CycloneDS there was kind of tool to do this for DS titles

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,i wanted to ask,is there any application to make 3DS icons visible on a PC?
When i had CycloneDS there was kind of tool to do this for DS titles

Not yet, extracting ROM data is really difficult, or impossible at the moment. The way people are going about extracting the icons right now is much too complicated to use for this type of thing.

ColcheAutumnale

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I have a few questions I can't seem to find answered in the hacking FAQ I hope you can help!

The situation is I just came back from Japan with a new 3ds (I wanted the evee version of the 3ds!) and now I want to region hack it so that I can play my uk games on it, possibly have English language on it(though this isn't a clincher!) and transfer my street pass information from my old 3ds so I can sell it on and use my new 3ds as my console (I really don't need 2!)

1. Can I use my old flash card I have an r4, acekard and a few cards that were born in the Stone Age! Or do I need to buy an r4gold to do the region hack?
2. Can I transfer my system over? I want my street pass info on to my new system.
3. Once it's on the system can I never update it again?
4. I heard you can do the region hack just from your 3ds sd card without a flash card is this true?

Many thanks!

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys, I have a few questions I can't seem to find answered in the hacking FAQ I hope you can help!

The situation is I just came back from Japan with a new 3ds (I wanted the evee version of the 3ds!) and now I want to region hack it so that I can play my uk games on it, possibly have English language on it(though this isn't a clincher!) and transfer my street pass information from my old 3ds so I can sell it on and use my new 3ds as my console (I really don't need 2!)

1. Can I use my old flash card I have an r4, acekard and a few cards that were born in the Stone Age! Or do I need to buy an r4gold to do the region hack?
2. Can I transfer my system over? I want my street pass info on to my new system.
3. Once it's on the system can I never update it again?
4. I heard you can do the region hack just from your 3ds sd card without a flash card is this true?

Many thanks!
1. You have to try them (and maybe they need to be updated)
2.Probably if both systems are on the latest firmware
3. Why not?
4. You need a 3DS with a FW between 4.1.0-4.5.0 for any hacks. You probably can't use them anyways.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay cool thanks! I shall try and see! I really just want to be able to play my uk games on it so I'll give it a shot and invest in a r4 gold if necessary.

just a fyi: to play original game cartridges out of region you currently need a patched version of the gateway launcher, which isn't that advisable at the moment (bricks n stuff).

you can however relatively simply swap out the boards.

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to be safe, before I do something stupid, if I want to change the micro sd ROM, do I have to format it before using win32, with some program? Or can I just write the other rom on top of what I had before?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to be safe, before I do something stupid, if I want to change the micro sd ROM, do I have to format it before using win32, with some program? Or can I just write the other rom on top of what I had before?

no need to format, just dump the rom content on the sd with the tool of your choice.

btw: does anyone happen to know who started this "you need to format every time" nonsense? i might have a position in my advertising department for him...

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no need to format, just dump the rom content on the sd with the tool of your choice.

btw: does anyone happen to know who started this "you need to format every time" nonsense? i might have a position in my advertising department for him...

Ok, thanks for your help :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone using Windows's partition format autotection when inserting a device (Vista/7/8). When a device has an unknown partition format, or a corrupted/missing MBR, it asks to format it.

There's no need to format the device, Win32DiskImager only require a drive letter, not a partition.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about 2.0b1 emunand capability.

I'm going to be getting a 3ds compatible ds flashcart soon, and would like to do a system transfer to my new 4.4 3ds xl. Can I use 2.0b2 once to do the system transfer and redownload my games from the eshop, then revert to 2.0b1 and still play them? How limited is 2.0b1's emunand on 7.1.0-U? Would I still be able to play 3ds eshop titles on it?

Thanks in advance.

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question about 2.0b1 emunand capability.

I'm going to be getting a 3ds compatible ds flashcart soon, and would like to do a system transfer to my new 4.4 3ds xl. Can I use 2.0b2 once to do the system transfer and redownload my games from the eshop, then revert to 2.0b1 and still play them? How limited is 2.0b1's emunand on 7.1.0-U? Would I still be able to play 3ds eshop titles on it?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it's possible right now to use the eshop on 7.1 emunand.. I might be wrong though.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the eShop is acessible in 7.1 emunand if you are using 2.0b2. My plan would be:

1) Install GW 2.0b2 and create emuNAND

2) Update emuNAND to 7.1

3) Perform system transfer from old 3ds to new 3ds XL

4) Download games from eShop

5) Downgrade launcher.dat to 2.0b1

My question is, can I play legitimately downloaded games in emuNAND with a system version of 7.1 while using GW launcher.dat of 2.0b1? I know emuNAND doesn't work properly with 7.1 when using b1, but will it play games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: She said see ya later boy lol