• Views 4,446,952
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

quebirt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. It looks a little involved to get going, but looks like exactly what I'm looking for.

@Kwyjor: If it's there, I don't know how to access it, or it's a recent addition. I should be on a version no more than a month or so old.
Post automatically merged:

... is what you will want to take a look at for what you want.
^
Sorry. This is my first time posting here. Didn't know I needed to add the quote.
Also, had to remove the url because I don't have that reputation yet.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Do you know if there's a way to queue these CIA installs in FBI, or am I doomed to suffering installing 149 CIAs one-by-one?
I believe that there's a Install All option, just make sure that all CIAs are in the same folder. There should be some folder options at the top where you'll be able to select Install All (or Install + Delete All option, if you don't want to keep it). I haven't used FBI much in the past because I primarily use custom-install for installing games directly to the SD card.

FBI is fine to use every now and then (even all the time, if you're patient enough), but its installation speed is limited to what 3DS hardware can offer.
With custom-install, you're installing CIAs directly to the SD card from your PC which is much faster. Just select all the files that need to be installed and let it do its thing. Once complete, put in the SD card in the 3DS of yours and run custom-install-finalize.3dsx.

If you want to set it up, there are instructions how to do so on the Github page, but here's a decent video tutorial if you like that more. There are two things that I'd do differently:
1) After you dump boot9.bin and movable.sed to your gm9/out folder on your SD card, just leave them there. ci-gui will automatically find them once you select your SD card in it.
2) You can download seeddb.bin from here and place it inside a custom-install-standalone folder.
After that, you're good to go.

Reactions: rammyramramram

JosukeHigashikata

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried using the latest update for NSUI and it won't work due to it saying "can't output file" or "it doesn't have the permission" any way to fix that? I tried running it on admin and it didn't work.
(BTW the thing on my hotbar is the old update and I censored my name on the user folder. Just FYI.)

Attachments

• 20240218_135749.jpg
    20240218_135749.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20240218_135612.jpg
    20240218_135612.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I tried using the latest update for NSUI and it won't work due to it saying "can't output file" or "it doesn't have the permission" any way to fix that? I tried running it on admin and it didn't work.
(BTW the thing on my hotbar is the old update and I censored my name on the user folder. Just FYI.)
Did you extract the full contents of nsui before running the program?

chrismath

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I created a thread on this not noticing their is a sticky noob section, so I will post it here

If you have custom firmware on the 3ds and install input redirection (use controller on 3ds) to use xbox controllers. Can I use xbox series x/s controllers or is it just xbox 360/xbox one controllers?

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there no longer a cheats thread? I was able to find some EXP/job multiplier cheats for Dragon Quest 7 (european version) in that Gateway thread but I'm also looking for one that lets me automatically tame monsters.

Last edited by dayjay,

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
How do I fix this? The right hinge is broken, the top screen doesnt work and the stick has drift. (The dead pixels in the bottom screen don't bother me too much)
1709308411566.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto