• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so, my 3DS won't connect to my internet router or pretty much any other router i try to connect to, it just do not communicate... BUT it does connect to hotspots i create on my computer. Why the fuck is that? Isn't it connecting, in the end, to the exactly same thing it couldn't connect a few moments before?
Maybe this is not a 3DS noob question, but a general tech shit noob question, but still, i just follow the instructions you guys provide, i know nothing lol
I really would like to be able to fix this, needing to boot up my computer everytime i want to do something online on my 3DS is really annoying.
It must be your router settings, something like wifi standard (802.11b/g/n) or wifi security..

Pesquizeru

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do you mean? When you do a system format, you can make a new NNID if you want to.

Yes. As long as you don't remove the necessary cfw files from your sd card (Luma3DS), though it can be easily replaced if you do.
Ok so I have formatted it and Luma is still installed, but the all the applications relating to the hack (FBI, Homebrew, etc...) aren't appearing on my home menu. Is there something I'm missing?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, i have no ideia what that mean. I would have to fix it on the router itself or somewhere on 3DS' settings?
Doesn't hurt to check your network settings on your 3ds first, make sure it's set to WPA2, manually ip (that's not taken by other devices connected to your wifi) & manual dns (something like 8.8.8.8 would work).
Test again, if it's still the same you might want to check the router settings..

Reactions: caipora

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Doesn't hurt to check your network settings on your 3ds first, make sure it's set to WPA2, manually ip (that's not taken by other devices connected to your wifi) & manual dns (something like 8.8.8.8 would work).
Test again, if it's still the same you might want to check the router settings..
Alright, will do

Sylvanader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cartridge copy of Pokemon X very recently had its save file corrupted. Not sure what caused it, but I have not ever used cheats nor mods. Tried the cartridge on multiple 3ds's and all show the corrupted screen. I figured PkHex might be generous enough to open the save file so I can at least recover some of the data.

I've setup a backup 3ds with Luma, GodMode9, Checkpoint, and Jk SM. With this I was able to dump a save file from a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire cartridge and open it. However, both Checkpoint and Jk SM do not see the Pokemon X save file to dump. As a last resort I tried dumping the save file with GodMode9. I managed to get the 1MB save file, but I couldn't get 3ds-save-tool to unpack it for use with PkHex.

Is there anything that I can do, that I haven't tried yet or that I've done wrong? I've done a lot of digging and searching to find out if this is possible, but I haven't had much luck.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cartridge copy of Pokemon X very recently had its save file corrupted. Not sure what caused it, but I have not ever used cheats nor mods. Tried the cartridge on multiple 3ds's and all show the corrupted screen. I figured PkHex might be generous enough to open the save file so I can at least recover some of the data.

I've setup a backup 3ds with Luma, GodMode9, Checkpoint, and Jk SM. With this I was able to dump a save file from a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire cartridge and open it. However, both Checkpoint and Jk SM do not see the Pokemon X save file to dump. As a last resort I tried dumping the save file with GodMode9. I managed to get the 1MB save file, but I couldn't get 3ds-save-tool to unpack it for use with PkHex.

Is there anything that I can do, that I haven't tried yet or that I've done wrong? I've done a lot of digging and searching to find out if this is possible, but I haven't had much luck.
If you can't extract the save with either Checkpoint or JKSM, then there's nothing else to do sadly.

Bee_87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have two units.

Both are Old 3DS.

Unit 1 is an og old *old* 3DS, with an ambassador cert/games.
Unit 2 is an old 3DS XL.

Unit 1 has an old NNID linked, which I no longer use/associate with.
Unit 2 has my current NNID linked, which I prefer to use, and it's the NNID I use for everything now (Switch, family etc)

I have CFW on both units, fully updated to latest version. I followed the guides at 3ds/hacks/guide/ all the way to the end for both units.

Unit 1 has all my games, saves, streepass and mii plaza data, etc etc.
Unit 2 is basically empty. I formatted it, linked my current NNID, and put CFW on it.
Otherwise it has no games or 3DS purchases, and I don't have any 3DS titles or data associated with my current preferred NNID.

Basically what I want to do is transfer everything from Unit 1 to Unit 2. Games, saves, all of it.
*EXCEPT* my NNID.
Essentially I want all the games, data, etc from Unit 1 under my old NNID transferred to Unit 2 but under my current NNID.

I know I can just pirate or repurchase most games, but I'm mostly concerned about the Ambassador Cert and titles, save data, and my Mii Plaza data (I have some VERY unique Nintendo and game dev StreetPass hits/Miis in my Plaza from back when I went to conventions in Japan)

I'm ok with losing stuff like my friend list, I suppose. I'm not really sure what I can and can't preserve.

Thanks!

Edit: If I unlink my NNID on Unit 1 using godmode, and link my current NNID, then perform a system transfer, would that work? Would I lose anything?

Last edited by Bee_87,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically what I want to do is transfer everything from Unit 1 to Unit 2. Games, saves, all of it.
Since both systems have cfw, you could just dump your games with GodMode9, and back up your saves with Checkpoint, and install them on your 2nd unit (3ds xl).
I know I can just pirate or repurchase most games, but I'm mostly concerned about the Ambassador Cert and titles, save data, and my Mii Plaza data (I have some VERY unique Nintendo and game dev StreetPass hits/Miis in my Plaza from back when I went to conventions in Japan)
Not sure about the Mii Plaza though.
Edit: If I unlink my NNID on Unit 1 using godmode, and link my current NNID,
If your "current nnid" already linked to the 2nd unit, you can't link it to another unit (old 3ds).
then perform a system transfer, would that work? Would I lose anything?
You can't do a system transfer without nnid. Without mentioning that your Mii Plaza data probably won't be transferred, but i could be wrong..
Post automatically merged:

Even with the GodMode9 save dump?
The save has to be decrypted in order to be used, only Checkpoint & JKSM extracted saves are.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even with the GodMode9 save dump?
A Godmode9 save dump is raw encrypted data. In theory you can decrypt it with save3ds, but it is not a very user-friendly program and I'm not familiar with anyone actually using it successfully.

A good thing to do for starters would be to open the save dump in Notepad and check if it actually appears to contain data (as opposed to just one character repeated endlessly).

I would question whether you were using Checkpoint and JKSM correctly, but if you've been using them to dump other cartridges already, then that's probably not the case.

Reactions: CoolMe

Bee_87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since both systems have cfw, you could just dump your games with GodMode9, and back up your saves with Checkpoint, and install them on your 2nd unit (3ds xl).

Not sure about the Mii Plaza though.

If your "current nnid" already linked to the 2nd unit, you can't link it to another unit (old 3ds).

You can't do a system transfer without nnid. Without mentioning that your Mii Plaza data probably won't be transferred, but i could be wrong..
Post automatically merged:

The save has to be decrypted in order to be used, only Checkpoint & JKSM extracted saves are.

Thanks.

I suppose I can just start with transferring the games and saves with GodMode and Checkpoint.

I found this guide here on the forums (manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033) ((sorry can't link urls yet))

Which notes a method for transferring mii plaza (and other unit-specific stuff like streetpass and activity log) but it's using older tools? I think? I'm assuming I can access and copy the same mentioned files with GodMode's file browser.

If there's any newer guides on this, I haven't come across it yet but I'll keep looking.

I'm essentially trying to preserve anything I have sentimental attachment to (silly, I know)

Sylvanader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Godmode9 save dump is raw encrypted data. In theory you can decrypt it with save3ds, but it is not a very user-friendly program and I'm not familiar with anyone actually using it successfully.

A good thing to do for starters would be to open the save dump in Notepad and check if it actually appears to contain data (as opposed to just one character repeated endlessly).

I would question whether you were using Checkpoint and JKSM correctly, but if you've been using them to dump other cartridges already, then that's probably not the case.
save3ds worked wonderfully. Had a successful test run with Alpha Sapphire and it notified me about the signature being wrong in X. Since the raw encrypted files appear similar in structure and likely a CBC based encryption it should be possible to recover the save file after tweaking the source of save3ds to disable the signature check. If I'm lucky I'll have what I'm looking for in about 2 weeks.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
save3ds worked wonderfully. Had a successful test run with Alpha Sapphire
Really..? So you dumped your Alpha Sapphire save game with Godmode9, and you were able to use save3ds to get decrypted data? Most intriguing. (It requires a full dump of the cartridge, doesn't it?)

tweaking the source of save3ds to disable the signature check. If I'm lucky I'll have what I'm looking for in about 2 weeks.
You're going to "tweak" the source yourself?

Sylvanader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really..? So you dumped your Alpha Sapphire save game with Godmode9, and you were able to use save3ds to get decrypted data? Most intriguing. (It requires a full dump of the cartridge, doesn't it?)

You're going to "tweak" the source yourself?
It does, and GodMode9 is able to make one. Though the dump does take about 10 to 15 minutes. It also requires the slot 0x24 keyY to decrypt both the game and the save file.

This was the command I had to use to get it to work. Messed up the first time since I was missing the "--key" argument.
.\save3ds_fuse.exe --cart .\AS\000400000011C500_v02.sav --extract --game .\AS\000400000011C500_v02.3ds --priv .\AS\000400000011C500_v02-priv.bin --boot9 .\system\boot9.bin --key .\system\slot0x24keyY.bin .\output\AS\

Programming and reverse engineering code is literally my job, so it shouldn't be too bad. The build system it what's going to eat the most time

Reactions: Kwyjor

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fascinating. I may refer people to this post in the future. (Perhaps you may consider releasing your version that ignores the signatures if that ends up working, to aid future readers with a similar problem?)

It also requires the slot 0x24 keyY to decrypt both the game and the save file.
I thought that was already embedded in boot9.bin? How else did you get it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi