• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Tut557

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
The r4 dont play 3ds games. the gateway does. Altho gateway is a pain to set up. Your better off with cfw.
I know that but my 3ds and gateway have been gathering dust for some time and I decided to transport my saves to luma 3ds and citra, but finding the launch.dat has been a pain and I thought I could use the r4 3ds one

fabiobad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello! I don't use my 3DS XL by ages and I wanted to play some DS games on my 3DS.
I have a Gateway 3DS and always used that to play 3DS games, I know that the Blue card let you play DS games but if you use it then you have to redo the exploit to let the 3DS read the Red card.
Is there a guide to switch between DS and 3DS mode and is it safe to do it? Thank you very much!
p.s. i have the "Gateway Ultra 4.2 firmware" installed

Last edited by fabiobad,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello! I don't use my 3DS XL by ages and I wanted to play some DS games on my 3DS.
I have a Gateway 3DS and always used that to play 3DS games, I know that the Blue card let you play DS games but if you use it then you have to redo the exploit to let the 3DS read the Red card.
Is there a guide to switch between DS and 3DS mode and is it safe to do it? Thank you very much!
p.s. i have the "Gateway Ultra 4.2 firmware" installed
Perharps this benefits you:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/

You will can use both GW and Luma (first for 3DS games, second for DS games)

Reactions: Tut557

Tut557

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
I'm still trying to transform my old gateway saves in citra/cia saves, but the gateway games don't seem to be able to read my old save files. the JKSM keeps giving me the message that it can't read the saves so I tried opening the games, but they open like they have no save. Does anyone know what I can be doing wrong? Even in the one game that actually reads it's own save (chibi robo ziplash) the jksm is still unable to open it( the error is 0xC8A0457D)

Hardwooddan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the right place or thread for this, but god I just cannot figure this problem out. I have a Japanese New 3ds that I have used Luma on for years, and I decided to install Tomodachi Life on it today. I downloaded and installed the NA version because that's the language I speak. I have never before had a problem with installing NA games before, but for some reason, every time I try to run this game, it crashes and spits out this file. I have tried reinstalling it and tried using different dumps. Whenever I try to install the seed using FBI, it just gives me a 404. I am completely stumped. Literally every other game on my 3ds works perfectly, even ones that I have installed after trying to install Tomodachi Life. Does anybody have any idea of what I'm doing wrong? Have I completely skipped over some small step that I've just forgotten about? I'm attaching one of the dumps it spit out at me. Thank you in advance to anyone who tries to help me figure this out!

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000004.zip
    520 bytes · Views: 176

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Not sure if this is the right place or thread for this, but god I just cannot figure this problem out. I have a Japanese New 3ds that I have used Luma on for years, and I decided to install Tomodachi Life on it today. I downloaded and installed the NA version because that's the language I speak. I have never before had a problem with installing NA games before, but for some reason, every time I try to run this game, it crashes and spits out this file. I have tried reinstalling it and tried using different dumps. Whenever I try to install the seed using FBI, it just gives me a 404. I am completely stumped. Literally every other game on my 3ds works perfectly, even ones that I have installed after trying to install Tomodachi Life. Does anybody have any idea of what I'm doing wrong? Have I completely skipped over some small step that I've just forgotten about? I'm attaching one of the dumps it spit out at me. Thank you in advance to anyone who tries to help me figure this out!
To force the region and language of that game use the "Luma Locale Switcher" homebrew (you must have activated the "Enable game patching" option on Luma settings).

And to import the seed manually (if it's available), use this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cia-requires-seed.528884/#post-8982948

Hardwooddan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To force the region and language of that game use the "Luma Locale Switcher" homebrew (you must have activated the "Enable game patching" option on Luma Settings).

And to import the seed manually (if it's available), use this: LINK WUZ HERE

So I tried the first option and it's having the same issue. Even when I switch it to system default it does the exact same thing. That may just be one piece of the puzzle I guess.

As for the seed, it's not in the database you linked. I was actually looking around for other seed lists to see if I could find it but that was the only one I could find (maybe I'm just not looking hard enough lol)

Also, I didn't really mention this at all last post but my system is on 1.14.0-46J and Luma is running 10.2.1-c058e3f. Maybe I'm totally missing something there.

Any other ideas?

Tennin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I'm a bit confused. I was following 3DS Hacks Guide to update B9S, and now there's a section to install CIA files. Several years ago, there was a big scare about installing homebrew from CIA files.

Did something change? Is it completely safe to install homebrews from CIA files? I tried to find some info, but all I could find were conflicting statements from years ago. Would be nice if the author could clarify it in the guide itself.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a general question, but if I were to download an update using the eShop for a game that was installed as a cia file, that’d be fine and safe right?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I'm a bit confused. I was following 3DS Hacks Guide to update B9S, and now there's a section to install CIA files. Several years ago, there was a big scare about installing homebrew from CIA files.

Did something change? Is it completely safe to install homebrews from CIA files? I tried to find some info, but all I could find were conflicting statements from years ago. Would be nice if the author could clarify it in the guide itself.
Basically, because Nintendo stops banning for just have modified the console (or use homebrews). Last (and only) time that this happens was 4 years ago (aprox), and after that no more banwaves were reported (for the same presumable reason):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-regarding-the-recent-3ds-banwave.471781/

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: Tennin

Tennin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Basically, because Nintendo stops banning for just have modified the console (or use homebrews). Last (and only) time that this happens was 4 years ago (aprox), and after that no more banwaves were reported (for the same presumable reason):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-regarding-the-recent-3ds-banwave.471781/
Thank you for your reply. This is a sentiment that I came across from old comments as well, but I'm a bit taken aback that this seems to be the current consensus among the community. As far as I understand it, Nintendo did ban people for modifying their console and/or using homebrew and that there's no guarantee at all that there won't be another banwave, because that's Nintendo.

Reactions: fmkid

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply. This is a sentiment that I came across from old comments as well, but I'm a bit taken aback that this seems to be the current consensus among the community. As far as I understand it, Nintendo did ban people for modifying their console and/or using homebrew and that there's no guarantee at all that there won't be another banwave, because that's Nintendo.

As long you don't cheat in an online game then you should be fine, haven't seen any bans reported here for years. You can get aways with installing CFW and still play online as long you don't cheat in multiplayer games.

Reactions: fmkid and Tennin

Tennin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As long you don't cheat in an online game then you should be fine, haven't seen any bans reported here for years. You can get aways with installing CFW and still play online as long you don't cheat in multiplayer games.
Now that you mention it: What exactly is Nintendo actually able to detect? Can they detect if someone has a firmware installed?

And from what I understand, as long as there's an Internet Connection available, the 3DS system constantly sends info to Nintendo about what the user is playing. If that is indeed the case, do you happen to know what the reasons are that there are no counter-measures by the community against it? If it's possible to develop a CFW, shouldn't it be easy to know how to stop the 3DS system from transmitting all this data to Nintendo?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that you mention it: What exactly is Nintendo actually able to detect? Can they detect if someone has a firmware installed?

And from what I understand, as long as there's an Internet Connection available, the 3DS system constantly sends info to Nintendo about what the user is playing. If that is indeed the case, do you happen to know what the reasons are that there are no counter-measures by the community against it? If it's possible to develop a CFW, shouldn't it be easy to know how to stop the 3DS system from transmitting all this data to Nintendo?

They changed the way on how they detect if a ticket is legit or not that why freeshop no longer work, freeshop was making fake ticket and pull game from Nintendo server when it was around, Nintendo has no idea if a game that a user is playing is legally purchased or not if user just install game in cia format.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. I have a question about installing DLC as a cia file for a game.

I had recently installed a game using FBI and after playing it for a little bit, I decided to install its DLC also through FBI. When I entered the game, the DLC was all there so I decided to turn off the console. When I turned it back on an hour later, the DLC was all gone. Anyone know why this happened?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy