• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

henser361

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I need help I accidentally deleted Nintendo zone and the ar games app on my 3ds and it won’t let me update so I was wondering if anyone could help with the update issue -snip-

Last edited by x65943, , Reason: don't ask for copyrighted material or where to find it

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used the 3DS VC Injector to create a SNES9X cia forwarder for super Mario rpg (didn’t allow me to create a normal cia, I assume cuz the super fx chip is used). It worked okay, but I got to the forest maze and the game is starting to lag more significantly and it’s getting annoying. I looked up ways to extract the save file to play on an emulator but can’t figure out how. First thing I tried was savedatafiler. The title ID is 09CED but when I scroll down to that file it says the user save data is broken. I can’t seem to export it or anything because of that. VC games don’t show up in JSKM it seems. Any way I can extract this save?

TWB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys. So recently after months of not using modded 3DS, I turned it on and updated the device. Since the system/luma update, the device refuses to play DS cart games for some reason. Has anyone any idea on why this is happening? I'm pathetically noob at this, so I have no idea what's going on. Any help would be great.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Sundaybrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So bit of an odd issue, I am unable to update to the latest firmware (11.14-46) and I'm unsure why. It's an o3dsXL, hasn't been used in a while and just got it back. When I attempt to update, the bar does not progress and states that "an error has occurred and could not update"

I've attempted a CTRTransfer to 11.5 and tried again, still the same issue. I'm at a loss here, not too sure what exactly is happening nor how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So bit of an odd issue, I am unable to update to the latest firmware (11.14-46) and I'm unsure why. It's an o3dsXL, hasn't been used in a while and just got it back. When I attempt to update, the bar does not progress and states that "an error has occurred and could not update"

I've attempted a CTRTransfer to 11.5 and tried again, still the same issue. I'm at a loss here, not too sure what exactly is happening nor how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Are you using the latest official Luma release (10.2.1)?
  • Did you know if you perharps get banned before?
  • Have you perharps installed some customized HOME Menu or System Settings, or a customized font?
  • Are you using a special .firm or .cxi with Luma CFW (using the option "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules")? If yes, then enter to Luma config menu and unmark that option (preferably, only must be marked the "Show NAND or user string..." one).
  • Your internet connection is working and is correctly configured on your console? Are you using a special DNS or proxy that perharps can be blocking the update or the access to the Nintendo servers?
  • Did you try to update using the safe mode of the console (that is, pressing the combo L+R+A+Up while booting/turn-on your console)?
  • Did some "Pending titles" appear on FBI? Check for that, and if yes, then delete them.
If nothing of said above could be causing the problem, then finally read and try with said on this thread. Good luck!

Last edited by fmkid,

obs0lete

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

Looking for a little help. I have an O3DS that I am trying to get CFW on using Seedminer.

I am following the guide on the 3ds dot hacks dot guide site, and when I get to the BannerBomb3 exploit section I am supposed to see a red screen indicating that the exploit was successfully copied, but instead I am getting an error message that says "An error has occurred, forcing the software to reboot" which tne reboots the conseole.

The guide suggest to make sure that the files are all in the correct location, and I have triple-checked that they all are, but I am still getting this message.

I am on using version 11.14.0-46U. Did this version patch the exploit, or am I just dense and doing something wrong?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi all,

Looking for a little help. I have an O3DS that I am trying to get CFW on using Seedminer.

I am following the guide on the 3ds dot hacks dot guide site, and when I get to the BannerBomb3 exploit section I am supposed to see a red screen indicating that the exploit was successfully copied, but instead I am getting an error message that says "An error has occurred, forcing the software to reboot" which tne reboots the conseole.

The guide suggest to make sure that the files are all in the correct location, and I have triple-checked that they all are, but I am still getting this message.

I am on using version 11.14.0-46U. Did this version patch the exploit, or am I just dense and doing something wrong?
Are perharps your console already modified? Please, try to turn on your console while pressing the SELECT button and see what happen

obs0lete

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are perharps your console already modified? Please, try to turn on your console while pressing the SELECT button and see what happen

Thanks for the reply.
Apparently, this console used to be modified, but the old owner formatted the SD card, restored the device to factory defaults and uninstalled the mod using Godmode's uninstall scripts.

Holding down Select while powering down does nothing. It just bring me to the normal interface. As far as I can tell, this looks like a stock O3DS at this point.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks for the reply.
Apparently, this console used to be modified, but the old owner formatted the SD card, restored the device to factory defaults and uninstalled the mod using Godmode's uninstall scripts.

Holding down Select while powering down does nothing. It just bring me to the normal interface. As far as I can tell, this looks like a stock O3DS at this point.
That's the problem. Uninstall the hack don't exactly return/reverse the console to the stock point (it left some kind of traces or sequels, if you will).

My suggestion, for now, is use PicHaxx method, but only to access to the Homebrew Launcher, then you can try to repair the DS functionality using this. And finally, try to perform the Seedminer + USM method to (re)hack your console

If still have the problem, then you better must think on use NTRBoot method.

Last edited by fmkid,

obs0lete

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the problem. Uninstall the hack don't exactly return/reverse the console to the stock point (it left some kind of traces or sequels, if you will).

My suggestion, for now, is use PicHaxx method, but only to access to the Homebrew Launcher, then you can try to repair the DS functionality using this. And finally, try to perform the Seedminer + USM method to (re)hack your console

If still have the problem, then you better must think on use NTRBoot method.

So, I was able to get Homebrew launcher running, then when running TWLFix I get the following error:
Uninstalling System DSiWare:
Uninstalling 0004800f484e4814 Failed
Uninstalling 0004800f484e4c14 Failed
Uninstalling 0004800542383841 Failed
Uninstalling 0004013800000102 Failed

I then went ahead with the guide and tried to do a System Update, but it reports that I am already on the latest version.
I tried the Seedminer + USM method again, but it fails with the same message.

Do I basically have no choice but to use the NTRBoot method or is there a way around the failed errors?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So, I was able to get Homebrew launcher running, then when running TWLFix I get the following error:
Uninstalling System DSiWare:
Uninstalling 0004800f484e4814 Failed
Uninstalling 0004800f484e4c14 Failed
Uninstalling 0004800542383841 Failed
Uninstalling 0004013800000102 Failed

I then went ahead with the guide and tried to do a System Update, but it reports that I am already on the latest version.
I tried the Seedminer + USM method again, but it fails with the same message.
3ds.hacks.guide
Do I basically have no choice but to use the NTRBoot method or is there a way around the failed errors?
And what about if you now continue with this another (old) method (opening Homebrew Launcher through Pichaxx):
https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(frogtool)

If not, there's no choice but that NTRBoot

Edit: @obs0lete has could install B9S using PicHaxx + USM (a method not available on 3ds-guide, but well documented by @zoogie on the instructions.txt file onto USM latest version zip). I suggested him to use it (via PM) and it works!

I don't really understand why on the guide this useful alternative method hasn't been implemented yet?:unsure:

Last edited by fmkid,

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question.. my 3ds have the latest luma version and are updated to the latest firmware by nintendo.. so thats all ok.. In earlier days when i used freeshop i could download the updates for the games also on freeshop.. Now freeshop does not excist anymore i don't know if it is safe to click on the update button when i start a game.. I just start them without updating, so my question is, can i just use the update button so it doesn't show anymore or just let it be and play them as i do now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu