• Replies 53,788
  • Likes 43

Tedster90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nah it wont make a different, you will be overwriting whats on the internal memory later
you dont need a ntrboot card, since you already gave boot9strap installed, just do the steps above, and you will be perfect

Awesome. It's late here so will give it a go in the morning and see how I get on. Thanks again.

MahoganyRaichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry for asking this again, but how to add DLC to taiko tatsujin? I've installed luma switcher, but nothing is showing up. Am I doing something wrong?

Tedster90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nah it wont make a different, you will be overwriting whats on the internal memory later
you dont need a ntrboot card, since you already gave boot9strap installed, just do the steps above, and you will be perfect

So I tried this today, I loaded all of the files on to the SD fine, got to the point on the 3ds.guide steps where you open download play --> Rosalina Menu --> Switch title, close that app, re-open it and nothing happens, it just gets stuck on a Nintendo 3DS loading screen. I have tried download play, H+S and Sound and they all do the same thing so don't think it's an issue with that. How do you know B9S is installed? Due to the fact Luma is already on the internal memory? This is really annoying as I know I'm close but can't figure out what is missing, I would have rather have had a fresh console rather than this half-done one!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I tried this today, I loaded all of the files on to the SD fine, got to the point on the 3ds.guide steps where you open download play --> Rosalina Menu --> Switch title, close that app, re-open it and nothing happens, it just gets stuck on a Nintendo 3DS loading screen. I have tried download play, H+S and Sound and they all do the same thing so don't think it's an issue with that. How do you know B9S is installed? Due to the fact Luma is already on the internal memory? This is really annoying as I know I'm close but can't figure out what is missing, I would have rather have had a fresh console rather than this half-done one!
Is your console updated to 11.6? If not, update it. If that doesn't work, follow the section inject any cia app to Health & Safety in https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage and inject FBI.cia to Health & Safety.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Tedster90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is your console updated to 11.6? If not, update it. If that doesn't work, follow the section inject any cia app to Health & Safety in and inject FBI.cia to Health & Safety.

Just updated to 11.6, tried again and still get the same issue. Followed that link and GM9 doesn't load when I boot holding START so couldn't get any further than that. Luma 8.0 loads if holding SELECT on boot. Think I am even deeper into not getting it working now! I think its got to be an issue with the internal memory and what's on the SD card. It has Luma 8.0 on the internal memory which I think is where the Rosalina menu is coming from as I put Luma 9.0 on SD card as suggested above..

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just updated to 11.6, tried again and still get the same issue. Followed that link and GM9 doesn't load when I boot holding START so couldn't get any further than that. Luma 8.0 loads if holding SELECT on boot. Think I am even deeper into not getting it working now! I think its got to be an issue with the internal memory and what's on the SD card. It has Luma 8.0 on the internal memory which I think is where the Rosalina menu is coming from as I put Luma 9.0 on SD card as suggested above..
You could use FBI to replace the boot.firm on the system. Go into SD and "copy" the file, then go into CTR NAND and find where the old boot.firm is and replace it. There's probably something wrong with your SD card.
You can tell you have B9S because Luma 8.0 is only compatible with B9S. If you had A9LH your Luma would be limited to 7.0.5 or less.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Tedster90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could use FBI to replace the boot.firm on the system. Go into SD and "copy" the file, then go into CTR NAND and find where the old boot.firm is and replace it. There's probably something wrong with your SD card.
You can tell you have B9S because Luma 8.0 is only compatible with B9S. If you had A9LH your Luma would be limited to 7.0.5 or less.

Thankyou for all your help, finally all up and running. For some reason everytime I put the SD card into the 3DS it was encompassing all of the files I put on it into a folder named "Nintendo 3DS" so it wasn't seeing anything on the route! Thanks again guys, appreciate it :)

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i finally found a CFW 3ds and was tinkering with GBA titles to play on it.
Now i want to have a clear data of golden sun 2 that is compatible with the CIA version i have installed, but what save type is it? xD
Or rather, to what do i convert it to? I assume .sav is not compatible.

And is it possible to just copy/paste it from the desktop to a folder on the SD card to make the save work?
i saw a method other than that, but i have no idea if it is outdated or not (something with decryp9)

OGDUCK6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am trying to install Luma CFW using the seedminer method and I don't have any issues following the instructions
however before I go to start anything I bought the Sudoku DsiWare game and when i go to launch the game all I get is a white screen. I have just bought the game on a brand new console I just got.
Any idea on how to fix this issue?

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry for asking this again, but how to add DLC to taiko tatsujin? I've installed luma switcher, but nothing is showing up. Am I doing something wrong?
Haven't had any luck with Luma Locale Switcher on freeShop DLC for "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Saikyo Card Battle" either... Mine just keeps on checking online, and finding nothing.

So i finally found a CFW 3ds and was tinkering with GBA titles to play on it.
Now i want to have a clear data of golden sun 2 that is compatible with the CIA version i have installed, but what save type is it? xD
Or rather, to what do i convert it to? I assume .sav is not compatible.

And is it possible to just copy/paste it from the desktop to a folder on the SD card to make the save work?
i saw a method other than that, but i have no idea if it is outdated or not (something with decryp9)
You will probably have better luck with 3rd-party emulators like mGBA or RetroArch for .sav files. I just use my PSP 3000 (TempGBA4PSP-mod)...

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haven't had any luck with Luma Locale Switcher on freeShop DLC for "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Saikyo Card Battle" either... Mine just keeps on checking online, and finding nothing.

You will probably have better luck with 3rd-party emulators like mGBA or RetroArch for .sav files. I just use my PSP 3000 (TempGBA4PSP-mod)...

But i want to play it on a 3ds with normal speeds...

ahmad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Quick question - I have read through the entire guide at https://3ds.hacks.guide/

I don't have a fast computer and I have new and old 3DS XLs all running 11.6.

Am I right in saying that I can use DSiware to get boot9strap onto this WITHOUT needing any other hacked console and/or flash cart?

Seems I should already have everything I need and that 11.6 hack IS possible?

How long does Seedhelper take to bruteforce movable_part1.sed?

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will have a N2DS XL and an Old 2DS next week. I already have two R4i Gold card. What is the best option to hack both consoles for me? Will be I able to use my flashcards after hacking progress?

My flashcard

P149_2.JPG

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I will have a N2DS XL and an Old 2DS next week. I already have two R4i Gold card. What is the best option to hack both consoles for me? Will be I able to use my flashcards after hacking progress?

My flashcard

P149_2.JPG
Just follow https://3ds.guide/ntrboot, but don't flash it back in between doing the two consoles.

ahmad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Quick question - I have read through the entire guide at https://3ds.hacks.guide/

I don't have a fast computer and I have new and old 3DS XLs all running 11.6.

Am I right in saying that I can use DSiware to get boot9strap onto this WITHOUT needing any other hacked console and/or flash cart?

Seems I should already have everything I need and that 11.6 hack IS possible?

How long does Seedhelper take to bruteforce movable_part1.sed?
Ok I managed to follow the guide and only make 1 mistake (a missed step) but fortunately didn't end up with a brick.

I got an 11.6 working by buying a DSiware title (no system transfer). Bruteforce via seedhelper thanks.

Now if I want to do this for another console:

1) Does the NNID that purchased the DSiware HAVE to remain on the console to avoid any bricking/problems?

2) If I move the NNID to a new console can I redownload the DSiware to that console and hack that one too?

3) am I better to use the system transfer method to hack a second console - and does hacking using system transfer result in 2 hacked consoles or just the target console?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I managed to follow the guide and only make 1 mistake (a missed step) but fortunately didn't end up with a brick.

I got an 11.6 working by buying a DSiware title (no system transfer). Bruteforce via seedhelper thanks.

Now if I want to do this for another console:

1) Does the NNID that purchased the DSiware HAVE to remain on the console to avoid any bricking/problems?

2) If I move the NNID to a new console can I redownload the DSiware to that console and hack that one too?

3) am I better to use the system transfer method to hack a second console - and does hacking using system transfer result in 2 hacked consoles or just the target console?
1. The NNID will belong to whatever console you transferred to. You can't do anything about that, it is server side
2. If you are willing to system transfer them use https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection).
3. Once a console is hacked it will stay hacked unless you uninstall it on purpose. So both will be.

ahmad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
1. The NNID will belong to whatever console you transferred to. You can't do anything about that, it is server side
2. If you are willing to system transfer them use https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection).
3. Once a console is hacked it will stay hacked unless you uninstall it on purpose. So both will be.
Thanks. So if I use this 3DS to transfer to another one, the NNID will go to the target 3DS (and be hacked too)? No need to buy another DSi ware title?

Swindontown

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, not sure if this is correct place... I have an old 2DS in 11.6 which I installed CFW using gold r4i flashcard following 3ds.guide. I then installed freeshop and downloaded super Mario bros 2 and Mario kart 7 but both keep crashing with the attached error.

Any ideas or help very much appreciated. Want to play the games on holiday next week.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20180526_124533.jpg
    IMG_20180526_124533.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I am trying to hack Fire Emblem Warriors on my 2DS XL, I have been trying to get it to work, but...