• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Raiden8816

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my brother was trying to copy his games and saves from one CFW N3DS onto his newer 2DSXL pokeball which I put CFW on already. The pokeball is on Sys 11.6.0-39U. However, all the 'mod apps' I had installed for him such as Luna and FBI are no longer there. Please help.

Startropic1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have New 3DS XL running firmware 11.6.0-39U with the homebrew launcher installed with Steelhax.

I also have the red/white Gateway 3DS flash card, as well as the blue gateway ds flash card that comes with it and an R4i RTS 3DS Revolution DS flash card.
I also have Cubic Ninja if I need a game exploit.

I'm trying to run a .3ds rom. All the official Gateway 3ds documentation seems to be outdated. As it only refers to firmware older than 11.6 With all these tools at my disposal, what is the best method for running a .3ds rom? Can I even use my Gateway 3ds card on 11.6? The R4i ds card works perfectly fine.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have New 3DS XL running firmware 11.6.0-39U with the homebrew launcher installed with Steelhax.

I also have the red/white Gateway 3DS flash card, as well as the blue gateway ds flash card that comes with it and an R4i RTS 3DS Revolution DS flash card.
I also have Cubic Ninja if I need a game exploit.

I'm trying to run a .3ds rom. All the official Gateway 3ds documentation seems to be outdated. As it only refers to firmware older than 11.6 With all these tools at my disposal, what is the best method for running a .3ds rom? Can I even use my Gateway 3ds card on 11.6? The R4i ds card works perfectly fine.
To get CFW follow https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

You won't be able to use your Gateway card easily. It isn't recommended.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So my brother was trying to copy his games and saves from one CFW N3DS onto his newer 2DSXL pokeball which I put CFW on already. The pokeball is on Sys 11.6.0-39U. However, all the 'mod apps' I had installed for him such as Luna and FBI are no longer there. Please help.
If you want data to move from one 3DS to another you need to system transfer, as well as back up the tickets on the source before the transfer and restore them on the target after the transfer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello! I have an o3DSXL with both Luma and GW on 11.2. Is there a way to update only the luma part to the latest FW, while staying on 11.2 for GW?
Yes, use sysNAND for Luma and emuNAND for Gateway. Boot into sysNAND with Luma and update it. Be careful not to boot into Gateway mode on sysNAND and update it, as that could brick or remove your hax.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I have a o3ds and an DSTwo. Which is better in terms of SNES/GBA/GBC emulation, the DSTwo or the o3ds emulators/virtual console?

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Yes, use sysNAND for Luma and emuNAND for Gateway. Boot into sysNAND with Luma and update it. Be careful not to boot into Gateway mode on sysNAND and update it, as that could brick or remove your hax.
Wheb I access the GW menu to boot into GW mode it says "GW FASTBOOT : SYSNAND" and on system settings it says Ver. 11.0.0 .. as opposed to Luma where it says Sys 11.0.0 .. So i am not entirely sure I have Emunand.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disgaea on 3ds supposedly doesn't have the slowdowns it does on a DS, my question is, is that true if I play it via DSTwo on 3ds.

Anokain

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an issue when I tried installing Boot9strap. When I was installing it the screen said "done." so following the instructions I turned off my system so I could reboot it to install Luma3DS but when I boot up my 3DS the screen is black and not even the home menu turns on. Even when I take out my SD card the screen is black.

Did I brick my 3Ds or is there a way I can fix this issue I am having?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have an issue when I tried installing Boot9strap. When I was installing it the screen said "done." so following the instructions I turned off my system so I could reboot it to install Luma3DS but when I boot up my 3DS the screen is black and not even the home menu turns on. Even when I take out my SD card the screen is black.

Did I brick my 3Ds or is there a way I can fix this issue I am having?
Do you have Luma's boot.firm on your SD card? Have you removed the flashcart? If you hold Select on boot what happens?

Anokain

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have Luma's boot.firm on your SD card? Have you removed the flashcart? If you hold Select on boot what happens?
I have the Boot.firm on my SD card. I tried removing my flashcart but when I hold select and boot my blue on light turns on and both screens are black.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have the Boot.firm on my SD card. I tried removing my flashcart but when I hold select and boot my blue on light turns on and both screens are black.
What happens if you try to do ntrboot again? Can you get SafeB9SInstaller to show up? Make sure you put the file back on your SD card.

Anokain

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What happens if you try to do ntrboot again? Can you get SafeB9SInstaller to show up? Make sure you put the file back on your SD card.

I can't do an ntrboot since I didn't use a flashcart (I was mistaking it for my game cartridge I had in my game my bad) to do the installation. I installed boot9strap with buying an online game and modifying it that way. I can't even get anything to show up on the screens so I dont think i can get the installer to start up again.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I can't do an ntrboot since I didn't use a flashcart (I was mistaking it for my game cartridge I had in my game my bad) to do the installation. I installed boot9strap with buying an online game and modifying it that way. I can't even get anything to show up on the screens so I dont think i can get the installer to start up again.
When you boot without an SD card, does the blue light go on then off? If so, try a new SD card with Luma's boot.firm on case it is the SD card's fault, but if that doesn't work (or the blue light stays on even if booted with no SD card) you'll need to get a preflashed ntrboot flashcart if you want a chance at saving it.

Did the console previously have A9LH? Using any DSiWare method to install b9s on a console with A9LH will cause a brick.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Anokain

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you boot without an SD card, does the blue light go on then off? If so, try a new SD card with Luma's boot.firm on case it is the SD card's fault, but if that doesn't work (or the blue light stays on even if booted with no SD card) you'll need to get a preflashed ntrboot flashcart if you want a chance at saving it.

Did the console previously have A9LH? Using any DSiWare method to install b9s on a console with A9LH will cause a brick.

The light stays on even when booted (with no SD card as well). The console was completely new and I should not have A9LH installed before.

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had set up a friend's 3DS with bootstrap9/luma a little while ago and they somehow formatted the console. They took the SD card out before hand.

How do I proceed with setting it up again? I've never set up a 3DS that had already had bootstrap9 installed on it and is now on 11.6.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I had set up a friend's 3DS with bootstrap9/luma a little while ago and they somehow formatted the console. They took the SD card out before hand.

How do I proceed with setting it up again? I've never set up a 3DS that had already had bootstrap9 installed on it and is now on 11.6.
Just follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup to get your homebrew applications back.

Poketrekker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I followed the 3ds.guide and have Luma3DS working but I cannot get GBA VC Injects working. I used Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS and I get error occurred please power off 3DS when starting it. Is there some patches I need or something I'm missing? Thanks :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I followed the 3ds.guide and have Luma3DS working but I cannot get GBA VC Injects working. I used Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS and I get error occurred please power off 3DS when starting it. Is there some patches I need or something I'm missing? Thanks :)
Are you using an emuNAND? They won't work on emuNAND unless you install them to sysNAND as well. Also you'll probably find most GBA games already injected and ready to install on "that" iso site.

ahmad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi everyone, I followed the 3ds.hacks.guide and completed the process on a 11.6 old 3DS XL.

If I want to reset this and sell it (without the hacks etc.) do I need to restore it to stock? What is the best way to restore the 3DS for selling?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse