• Views 4,465,169
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am waiting on my r4i gold plus flashcart to come in. However, I am on system version 11.4.0-37u. Should I update my 3DS system version to the latest? Both the latest version of the 3DS 11.6.0-39U and version 11.4.0 uses the same ntrboot "all version" method from 3ds.guide. Won't all newer games require the latest system version to run anyway? Thus, should I just update or should I wait, flash with ntrboot, get luma3DS up and running before updating 3DS system version?

Also, is there anything I need to consider while making Mii account for my 3DS? Or an account for the eShop? I have never made one before.

Last edited by GerbilSwimmingPool,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It should already. Check on the 3DS titlekeys database site to see if the game is on the database. You can also add a filter to freeShop to only show Japanese games so the one you want is a bit easier to find.

It has some japanese games not all, It doesn't show fire emblem if(despite showing the two newer ones), i was able to find an update cia but not a dlc one and its just more convenient to use freeshop for games.
If it isn't on the database site it can't be in freeShop, if you want it you'll have to download a cia and install it manually.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh shoot lol sorry, I mean do I go to the regular title keys website to get the title keys and scan the QR code again?
Follow the instructions for freeShop in the first post of this thread

Rikard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the A9LH for Old 3DS around a year ago. At the time, I didn't bother installing the latest System Update since all games I tried worked on the older (think it's one of the 9.x updates).

Now though, some games react to too old System Updates. Is it safe to just download the latest update when the 3DS prompts me to? I'd prefer not having to go to B9S to use the latest Luma.

Malto

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi Guys, i'm tryng to extract the sysnand with godmod9 but the only message that appeared is sysNand backup failed. What can i try to solve this?
Thanks to everyone
EDIT: I'M so sorry guys i SOLVED. I need more than 1 gb of space on the sd

Last edited by Malto,

IsaacMG99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok my 3ds sd card got bugged af. First, I tried to turn it on and it would keep in a black screen with the blue light on, showing nothing. I take out the sd card: now it works. Now I put the sd card in the computer and there are some files that won't copy or get eliminated: they don't respond, and one of them is the Nintento 3DS folder, which has the savs and everything I think.

So, what I've done is I've copied everything I could. The only folders that won't respond are "Nintendo 3DS" and "retroarch". If I copy the rest to another SD, except for these two folders, what will I be missing? Only the apps and the savs with all the contents and extra data? Will I still have FBI? Why did this happen btw?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I followed the A9LH for Old 3DS around a year ago. At the time, I didn't bother installing the latest System Update since all games I tried worked on the older (think it's one of the 9.x updates).

Now though, some games react to too old System Updates. Is it safe to just download the latest update when the 3DS prompts me to? I'd prefer not having to go to B9S to use the latest Luma.
Update to 7.0.5 (replace your arm9loaderhax.bin https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases)

I have Freakyforms Deluxe and a 11.6 old 3ds, I got to homebrew launcher, can I install a cfw?
No, you can only use plain homebrew. See https://3ds.guide for your options for installing CFW. You can also try the single system DSiWare method, requires buying a $2 game (see the thread called seedminer)

Ok my 3ds sd card got bugged af. First, I tried to turn it on and it would keep in a black screen with the blue light on, showing nothing. I take out the sd card: now it works. Now I put the sd card in the computer and there are some files that won't copy or get eliminated: they don't respond, and one of them is the Nintento 3DS folder, which has the savs and everything I think.

So, what I've done is I've copied everything I could. The only folders that won't respond are "Nintendo 3DS" and "retroarch". If I copy the rest to another SD, except for these two folders, what will I be missing? Only the apps and the savs with all the contents and extra data? Will I still have FBI? Why did this happen btw?
Get a new SD card from a brick and mortar store. You can try salvaging your data but it's probably gone. Follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup to get back your homebrew programs.

maucon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

No, you can only use plain homebrew. See ... for your options for installing CFW. You can also try the single system DSiWare method, requires buying a $2 game (see the thread called seedminer)

Thank you!

on the Read me it says:

1) If you have a userland entrypoint (a way to run a .3dsx) run seedstarter.3dsx on your console, press A, and it should dump "movable_part1.sed" in the sdmc:/seedstarter folder.

So, as I already have an entry point in 11.6 by freakyhax will I still need a DSi game?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

No, you can only use plain homebrew. See ... for your options for installing CFW. You can also try the single system DSiWare method, requires buying a $2 game (see the thread called seedminer)

Thank you!

on the Read me it says:

1) If you have a userland entrypoint (a way to run a .3dsx) run seedstarter.3dsx on your console, press A, and it should dump "movable_part1.sed" in the sdmc:/seedstarter folder.

So, as I already have an entry point in 11.6 by freakyhax will I still need a DSi game?
freakyhax is only a way to enter homebrew, The DSI game is what is needed to run the actual exploit. So the end result is yes, you will need the dsi game for this to work

maucon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
freakyhax is only a way to enter homebrew, The DSI game is what is needed to run the actual exploit. So the end result is yes, you will need the dsi game for this to work

Thank you, I was waiting for my Ds TWO flashcard to be able to run ntrboot but it seems like it's not going to happen

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought I could restart cfw on my old 3ds with luma 9.0 but I made a mistake and don`t know how to make it work again.. Can somebody help me ?
When I put on the 3ds I get the message Failed to decrypt the CTRNAND FIRM.. Where do I start to make it work again ???

In safeb9installer arm9loaderhax - not installed
sighaxed FIRM - file not found

I took my backup save sysnand from my computer and its istalling now.. so i hope that will do the trick???

---did not work---

Im trying again and now Im affraid I took full instead of save ... Is that bad ???
I wish someone was helping me, becouse Im affraid I do only more damage instead of fixing it???

Who can HELP me please ????

Pain in my wrist and a day gone.. No help and nothing is working... Igive up and feel very sad now..

Last edited by appeltje_eitje,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I thought I could restart cfw on my old 3ds with luma 9.0 but I made a mistake and don`t know how to make it work again.. Can somebody help me ?
When I put on the 3ds I get the message Failed to decrypt the CTRNAND FIRM.. Where do I start to make it work again ???

In safeb9installer arm9loaderhax - not installed
sighaxed FIRM - file not found

I took my backup save sysnand from my computer and its istalling now.. so i hope that will do the trick???

---did not work---

Im trying again and now Im affraid I took full instead of save ... Is that bad ???
I wish someone was helping me, becouse Im affraid I do only more damage instead of fixing it???

Who can HELP me please ????

Pain in my wrist and a day gone.. No help and nothing is working... Igive up and feel very sad now..
What do you mean by "restart CFW"? What exactly did you do?

Can someone tell me how a legit CIA updates?
What do you mean? Through the eShop like any other game.

iDunGoofd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think I messed up (first time I attempt to hack a 3DS btw). I followed the guide on 3ds.guide and everything worked fine until I tried installing boot9strap. The installation worked fine but when I should have deleted boot.firm from my SD card in the next step I stupidly deleted the wrong files. I thought "Oh shit, now I have to start over, huh?" and put the SD card back into my 3DS XL and inserted the flashcart with a new micro SD to do so but now my 3DS won't boot at all. The blue LED will flash once but other than that nothing happens. The other LED went on when I tried charging the device, so it's not the battery.
I've found some potential solutions online but they didn't work for me, like removing the battery for a minute. Removing the SD card and putting it back in seems to solve this kind of problem for everybody else but not for me. With or without SD card it's just not booting at all. Did I brick it?

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I messed up (first time I attempt to hack a 3DS btw). I followed the guide on 3ds.guide and everything worked fine until I tried installing boot9strap. The installation worked fine but when I should have deleted boot.firm from my SD card in the next step I stupidly deleted the wrong files. I thought "Oh shit, now I have to start over, huh?" and put the SD card back into my 3DS XL and inserted the flashcart with a new micro SD to do so but now my 3DS won't boot at all. The blue LED will flash once but other than that nothing happens. The other LED went on when I tried charging the device, so it's not the battery.
I've found some potential solutions online but they didn't work for me, like removing the battery for a minute. Removing the SD card and putting it back in seems to solve this kind of problem for everybody else but not for me. With or without SD card it's just not booting at all. Did I brick it?
What files did you delete? Cant you just download them and put them back on the card? Are the files deleted in your recycle bin on your computer?

iDunGoofd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What files did you delete? Cant you just download them and put them back on the card? Are the files deleted in your recycle bin on your computer?
I feel like an idiot for not thinking of that myself. FOr some reason I thought I had to start all over. Downloaded them again and went on from where I had left off just fine.
Now I'm just struggling with getting FBI to run. I get a "can't aquire kernel access" error and from what I could gather it's apparently because my system version is 11.6 and FBI doesn't work on it...? I'm too scared of downgrading tbh cause I read it can really brick your device. I'm trying to figure this out myself but if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it.

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like an idiot for not thinking of that myself. FOr some reason I thought I had to start all over. Downloaded them again and went on from where I had left off just fine.
Now I'm just struggling with getting FBI to run. I get a "can't aquire kernel access" error and from what I could gather it's apparently because my system version is 11.6 and FBI doesn't work on it...? I'm too scared of downgrading tbh cause I read it can really brick your device. I'm trying to figure this out myself but if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it.
FBI works on CFW 11.6. I have it on mine. Are you using the freeshop fork? Download it here...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-community-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.483159/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Meds time!