• Views 4,509,022
  • Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My cfw 3ds met my other 3ds in mii park and i have the option show friends what you are playing off.. but it shows last played: open source eshop clone.. how is this possible and how do i change this?

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just wanted to know if there is any way to install cfw on 11.4 other than cards, hardmod, and ds whatever currently or will be there in the future?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I just wanted to know if there is any way to install cfw on 11.4 other than cards, hardmod, and ds whatever currently or will be there in the future?
Just what's in the guide, and the single system DSiWare method (you'll have to update to 11.6 to buy a game).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello evryone,

First of all, thanks for thgis great community. I'm reading it for yearsans never been disappointed.

Simple and straightforward question regarding my New 3DS XL I had for Christmas, with the latest firmware (11.6.0.39E):

1.Can I install the Homebrew launcher only? I don't mind paying a few $ to buy a game (eshop) in order to do the hack. Cubic ninja is still the best game to buy on eshop in order to hack?
2.Is it clean? I mean, I just want to do something really clean, without any leftovers if I decide to sell my 3DS in the future. Is there a clean uninstall of the Homebrew Launcher?

My main goal is to install emulators and retroarch. Nothing more. That's why i'm only interested in the Homebrew launcher.
1. You can't buy Cubic Ninja or Freaky Forms Deluxe on the eShop, you'd have to buy a physical copy which would be $30+, much cheaper to buy a DS flashcart, install CFW, and use the homebrew launcher through Rosalina like everyone else does.
2. The homebrew launcher (without CFW) is only some files on the SD card, so it would be clean. But you could install CFW and uninstall it later if you wanted to. If you sell your 3DS later you'll get more for it if it is modded so you wouldn't want to uninstall it anyway.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I left my 2ds turned on to download games from Freeshop and forgot about it. The battery went low and the console turned off. When I turned it back on and loaded Freeshop, I got a message saying 'Freeshop did not close properly, please delete ..... and reinstall'. The message didn't stay on long and I was unable to remember which File/Folder it asked me to delete.

How do I uninstall Freeshop?

Will the current downloaded and installed games be affected in any way if I uninstalled Freeshop?

Last edited by Youser,

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answer. I had experience with Wii hack which were really dirty, with old files everywhere etc... I would like to avoid this and get my 3DS as close to a stock version as possible.
I will get a flashcart. I've read the Sky3DS+ is one of the best. Can you confirm this? Quite expensive by thre way, almost 90€...

May I call you Schrödinger instead of QuantumCat? ;)

ammaralidj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hello guys
I have a o3ds with 8.1 official firmware. Can you guys please guide me to hack it? I guess i can use browserhax?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm currently browsing various topic.

I've read the Sky3DS+ is one of the best flashcart, but evryone recommand R4i Gold Plus. What are the benefit of Sky3DS+ over the R4i Gold Plus? One is really cheaper thant the other...

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds flash carts play 3ds games from the flash cart without custom firmware. R4i gold lets you install custom firmware and play games off the 3ds sd card. R4i gold is the recommended way to go. This is the one I personally use and recommend

Reactions: Cristagally

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently browsing various topic.

I've read the Sky3DS+ is one of the best flashcart, but evryone recommand R4i Gold Plus. What are the benefit of Sky3DS+ over the R4i Gold Plus? One is really cheaper thant the other...

I bought the R4i Gold Pro. Was around $18 and got a second one for free. Allowed me to install CFW and I'm now playing 3ds games straight off the 2DS memory card.

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks again for your answer. Is the CFW not too invasive? (Don't try to understand me, I'm just obsessed with the fact I don't want to install many files on my brand new 3DS XL!)
To be more serious: I'm happy hacking various devices, but I like to "understand" what I do exactly. That's why I'm stubborn with the fact I want something "clean" with the ability to uninstall without letting any obsolete files. Hope you will understand why i'm so obssessed with this.

Anyway, thaks a lot for your help guys, I really appreciate. :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks again for your answer. Is the CFW not too invasive? (Don't try to understand me, I'm just obsessed with the fact I don't want to install many files on my brand new 3DS XL!)
To be more serious: I'm happy hacking various devices, but I like to "understand" what I do exactly. That's why I'm stubborn with the fact I want something "clean" with the ability to uninstall without letting any obsolete files. Hope you will understand why i'm so obssessed with this.

Anyway, thaks a lot for your help guys, I really appreciate. :)
I would say yes it is invasive, but you can't tell it is installed once it is installed. And it is easy to uninstall. Think of it like installing an infinite petrol tank in your car. Everything works and looks identically only you no longer have to stop at petrol stations anymore.

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would say yes it is invasive, but you can't tell it is installed once it is installed. And it is easy to uninstall. Think of it like installing an infinite petrol tank in your car. Everything works and looks identically only you no longer have to stop at petrol stations anymore.
Once again, thanks for your help. I've just discover and read the review of the Sky3ds+ on GBAtemp. Interesting. It seems less invasive, and pretty straight forward compared to R4i Gold solution.

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, stupid question here. I came from the 3ds hacks guide and I am looking at r4i gold plus flashcart, but it mentions "don't manually flash with ntrboot." Is this referring to updating the kernel within the flash cart itself or updating the firmware of the flashcart? or something else completely? I don't really understand this part.

Second question, what's the general opinion of modchipsdirect? I would prefer to buy from modchipsdirect over nds-cards because faster shipping times. I'm looking at the r4i gold plus from modchipsdirect. Yay or nay?

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, stupid question here. I came from the 3ds hacks guide and I am looking at r4i gold plus flashcart, but it mentions "don't manually flash with ntrboot." Is this referring to updating the kernel within the flash cart itself or updating the firmware of the flashcart? or something else completely? I don't really understand this part.

Second question, what's the general opinion of modchipsdirect? I would prefer to buy from modchipsdirect over nds-cards because faster shipping times. I'm looking at the r4i gold plus from modchipsdirect. Yay or nay?
That flash cart doesn’t need to be flashed with Ntrboot. It always has it on there just push the switch to N when you wanna install cfw.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Once again, thanks for your help. I've just discover and read the review of the Sky3ds+ on GBAtemp. Interesting. It seems less invasive, and pretty straight forward compared to R4i Gold solution.
You can do that if you wish, but most people would agree it is a bad idea to spend $80+ and get way less functionality than something that costs $10. Like choosing to buy a $10,000 push-bike instead of a $2,000 car. But up to you. If you have plenty of money and don't want the functionality that CFW provides, go for it.

How do i get freeshop to reconize japanese titles?
It should already. Check on the 3DS titlekeys database site to see if the game is on the database. You can also add a filter to freeShop to only show Japanese games so the one you want is a bit easier to find.

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is there any way to remove a hinge on the new 3ds XL without breaking the shell 0.o.... i cant find proper guides!

I have a replacement hinge i like to install but its stuck. no logical way i can see on how to remove it.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can do that if you wish, but most people would agree it is a bad idea to spend $80+ and get way less functionality than something that costs $10. Like choosing to buy a $10,000 push-bike instead of a $2,000 car. But up to you. If you have plenty of money and don't want the functionality that CFW provides, go for it.

It should already. Check on the 3DS titlekeys database site to see if the game is on the database. You can also add a filter to freeShop to only show Japanese games so the one you want is a bit easier to find.

What are the main things you are able to do with CFW which make it appealing other than playing CIA files?

Are there more than one title key databases? I'm trying to download Minecraft but it keeps failing :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu