1. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

United States

You can hold L to open the Gateway menu, too. If it's taking you to the menu without holding L, and you have a new Gateway card, the card probably needs to be updated.

2. Loque

Loque Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I pressed L with red card and opened me the menu :)
    It's normal? or it should appear only with blu card as i seen in this tutorial?

3. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    You can get to the gateway menu with any cart or no cart inserted.

Loque likes this.
  4. Loque

Loque Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Oh i didn't know that ^^
    If i format the 3ds system it will remove the gateway too?

5. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

United States

If you format, you'll just have to re-install the exploit using the blue card.

Just make sure you aren't connected to the internet when you format.

Loque likes this.
  6. Loque

Loque Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    You suggest me to format the used 3ds xl? it can become more fresh about speed etc?

7. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

United States

If there isn't any issue with it, you don't have to format it.

Loque likes this.
  8. CrownedKey

CrownedKey Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I hope this is the right section :mellow:
    I dont have a flashcard yet and my 3DS is on 7.1.0-14E
    so I want to know which flashcard is the best option for Monster Hunter 4 / or 4G ?
    Would be great if someone can help me out ^_^

9. einstein95

einstein95 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Sorry, but the flashcards for running 3DS games only work on 3DS systems with system firmware between 4.0 and 4.5.

CrownedKey likes this.
  10. CrownedKey

CrownedKey Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Well thats too bad..
    Is there a other way to use the flashcards then? Like a bypass to play imported games.

11. Pox

Pox GBAtemp Regular

Well Gateway is region-free so you can play backups from any region. But, like person above said you need to buy new 4.1-4.5 3ds(xl).
    I think you can only use DS flashcard on your current system.

CrownedKey likes this.
  12. CrownedKey

CrownedKey Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The

Good to know

13. Saitel

Saitel Member
    Newcomer

I'm a bit paranoic when it comes to any updates, but when I went to theme shop console asks me for update for "data which is either available for purcharse, or which you have already purharsed". Is this safe?

14. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

United States

Whatever it is, yes it's safe. Any data that's thrown onto the SD card, and isn't a direct firmware update is almost always considered "safe".

Saitel likes this.
  15. Xalticus

Xalticus Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm on the 4.3 firmware currently, I've read that there are "guides" to update to emuNand 9.x.x I cannot find any of these guides so a link to one would be super helpful. Also where do I get the new gateway version from, I think it's 2.4 now(I have 2.3 Beta)? Does the Guide tell you how to make sure you aren't online?

16. Loque

Loque Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    @Xalticus

I have a question. I tried to play online with a game but i then get this error (aproximately): You can't play online with this game cartrige. Ask for help to nintendo you can fine the number on the manual etc etc
    What's wrong? Is the 3ds xl banned or i should change the headers on the rom?

17. witiko

witiko Newbie
    Newcomer

I'm curious where to find releases of newer games like Smash Bros or The Keep. For older games, the roms can be found at various rom catalogues.

18. 777kidis777

777kidis777 Big Red

United States
    Kinda need to be refreshed on the flashcarts since I haven't been actively involved since M3i Zero and iSmartMM.

-What flashcarts(both ds and 3ds) work? I understand that the 3DS Flashcarts are only operable in 4.1-4.5, just curious if the others (like SCDS2, etc.) only operate in that version as well.
    -Is there any homebrew that I can use on my 3DS without a tiny fear of bricking?

19. Xalticus

Xalticus Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Another question: I read that you can play online by changing the file name from 3DS to 3DZ, it also says something to the extent of not being able to play it at the same time as others? Does that mean that you are unable to play it online if -anyone- else is using it, or unable to play with other people that are also using Gateway 3DS to play that game?

20. shamzie

shamzie Conform comrades

United Kingdom
    It just says contact Nintendo? It doesn't provide you with an error code or any other reason why It wouldn't work? There's an easy way of seeing if the 3DS is banned by using a different rom with the same header, and then a different rom with a different header.

The only Flashcarts worth mentioning are GateWay 3DS and MT-Card for 3DS flashcarts. Gateway are so far ahead the others aren't even worth mentioning ( to be honest, MT-Card isn't either ) and the only good DS flashcart as far as im aware is DSTwo, which works on all firmware's as far as im aware. Homebrew is playable on those flashcarts but if you dont have one you can wait for Smea's exploit.

First of all you need to inject the rom with a header and then rename the file from .3DS to .3DZ, you can play it online at the same time as others, don't know where you've read that. You're able to play against other people using GateWay 3DS also.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,