• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

Xalticus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm now trying to do the emunand update, however I keep getting the message "Can't open _dsmenu.dat" I've tried restoring it to the previously functioning version of the file from the GW Omega 2.3 beta folder, even with that one it still gives me "Can't open _dsmenu.dat". Earlier this month when I was trying to update to 8.x.x it was working fine, I just took too long to find my blue card as I had misplaced it, the day I did find it was a few hours after Nintendo dropped the 9.x.x bomb. So I had to wait awhile longer, now nothing wants to work & I have no idea why.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm now trying to do the emunand update, however I keep getting the message "Can't open _dsmenu.dat" I've tried restoring it to the previously functioning version of the file from the GW Omega 2.3 beta folder, even with that one it still gives me "Can't open _dsmenu.dat". Earlier this month when I was trying to update to 8.x.x it was working fine, I just took too long to find my blue card as I had misplaced it, the day I did find it was a few hours after Nintendo dropped the 9.x.x bomb. So I had to wait awhile longer, now nothing wants to work & I have no idea why.

You dont need the blue card, just swap the launchers, go to emunand and update through system settings.

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only Flashcarts worth mentioning are GateWay 3DS and MT-Card for 3DS flashcarts. Gateway are so far ahead the others aren't even worth mentioning ( to be honest, MT-Card isn't either ) and the only good DS flashcart as far as im aware is DSTwo, which works on all firmware's as far as im aware. Homebrew is playable on those flashcarts but if you dont have one you can wait for Smea's exploit.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure that the DS2 works on all firmwares. And I'll look into the Gateway...sooner or later lol

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tried redeeming the Halloween skin from the Theme Shop but got this message (which was not present before):

"An update is available for data which is either available for purchase, or which you have already purchased. Update now?

You will no be able to purchanse new add-on content without updating."

Went to Sys Settings to see if there were any newer updates there but nope. Having heard of all the stories of bricking and what have you, I am kinda wary of updates outside the tried and true method. Any idea if it's safe to update? I would assume it is alright but hey, no harm getting a second opinion :P

Xalticus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You dont need the blue card, just swap the launchers, go to emunand and update through system settings.

I ended up formatting the microSD for the blue card, as the Gateway launcher had bugged requiring a re-installation of Gateway, after the format I did the standard steps of copying the contents of the "Blue Card" folder in the 2.4 beta folder, then put it in, all went smoothly from there.

Now that I have my EmuNand updated to 9.x.x, How do I go about restoring the saves from prior to the formatting of my SD card? Do I just copy & paste the contents of my back up folder, or is there a specific set of steps that are required in order to restore those saves?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Guys, how can i for example, copy play coin generator 3DS app that is nom my microSD on gateway, red one to emunand system memory, to apear like another...how can i say..channel so i dont need st card to go to play coin generator app?

you cant....well you can but that would mean making your own launcher.dat file and/or modifying the gateway launcher, which is no small feat.

Xalticus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ended up formatting the microSD for the blue card, as the Gateway launcher had bugged requiring a re-installation of Gateway, after the format I did the standard steps of copying the contents of the "Blue Card" folder in the 2.4 beta folder, then put it in, all went smoothly from there.

Now that I have my EmuNand updated to 9.x.x, How do I go about restoring the saves from prior to the formatting of my SD card? Do I just copy & paste the contents of my back up folder, or is there a specific set of steps that are required in order to restore those saves?

I have SD card connected to my computer currently, can I just transfer the many .Sav files from the Back up to the SD card? I compared the folder names from with in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder some of them are named differently. I find this all very confusing & just want to get my saves back but I'm afraid I'll do something incorrectly & end up bricking my 3DS.

Loque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It just says contact Nintendo? It doesn't provide you with an error code or any other reason why It wouldn't work? There's an easy way of seeing if the 3DS is banned by using a different rom with the same header, and then a different rom with a different header.

Yes i get an error code. I should post it here?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do my Internet Settings from emuNAND carry to System NAND?

sysNAND carry to emuNAND?

Or are they completely 100% different

They carry from Emunand to Sysnand. If you create 3 dummy connection settings on sysnand it will stop the emunand one being carried over.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I go to enter the code for the Haloween Theme in the Theme Shop, it says "An update is available...".

Is it safe to say yes to this in the Theme shop?
I checked, and there is no system update...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/