Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
My question is more towards why are we switching to B9S? Was something detected? Just trying to see if it's worth the hassle to change.
If a new system update is released that requires a Luma update, then if you update your firmware before going to b9s you'll have a black screen (since no no new Luma updates will be released for a9lh) and you'll have to update to b9s to continue using your console. It'll be easier for you if you update before it's absolutely required.

megadeoxys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by megadeoxys,

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install boot9strap on an 11.4+ N3DSXL using DSiWare without updating the "source 3ds"? I have an O3DSXL running 11.2 but I don't want to update because I use Gateway. Yes, I know. Gateway in 2017. But all my games are already on it and I'm lazy. Any way to get b9s without hardmod would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

John256145

"Why does your name have so many numbers?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have 11.3 then install CFW https://3ds.guide
You should definitely be able to play them after installing CFW as you can then update to 11.4.

I'm already running Luma CFW, but I thought updating to 11.4 would remove some considerable features like ctr-httpwn and homebrew support. I only have an old 3DS, so I won't be able to use otherapp or ropbin payloads since they're only available for the New 3DS.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm already running Luma CFW, but I thought updating to 11.4 would remove some considerable features like ctr-httpwn and homebrew support. I only have an old 3DS, so I won't be able to use otherapp or ropbin payloads since they're only available for the New 3DS.
Homebrew works with Rosalina. I don't know about ctr-httpwn, but when you're on the newest version, which is btw 11.5 you don't need it. I haven't heard of any features that won't work on 11.5

Reactions: Quantumcat

meninostristes

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm on 11.1-034U, got the homebrew withou CFW but when I try to install FBI it takes a year to load and don't even load!! What am I doing wrong? Help pls

meninostristes

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
which guide? I follow some youtube videos from some guys but mine does not work... There's another guide? Do I have to install a CFW? thx for the quick answer

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
which guide? I follow some youtube videos from some guys but mine does not work... There's another guide? Do I have to install a CFW? thx for the quick answer
If you want to install anything yes you need CFW. Don't use videos, they are dangerous and nobody can help you troubleshoot them. Only follow https://3ds.guide. If English isn't your first language it has also been translated into a few different languages which you can select using the signpost button in the top right of the page.

Reactions: meninostristes

meninostristes

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WOW thx! I did it right!
Now I want a big storage sd card cuz I did it on the stock 3DS sdcard, I have to do all the process again using the other card or just copy all the files to the root of it?

buuhhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I had a problem using the 3ds. guide, I got a 2ds on 11.0.0-33U i did everything on the guide minus -Section II - Updating the System -
Section V - DSP Dump (for some reason It doesn't work) and Section VII - NAND Backup
I did everything else, my problem is that even when i use luma to boot an emunand no matter what i do it stays Sys 11.0.0-33U When it should say Emu 11.0.0-33U right?

any ideas? I tried some cias on fbi but got error cert signature or hash check failed

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I had a problem using the 3ds. guide, I got a 2ds on 11.0.0-33U i did everything on the guide minus -Section II - Updating the System -
Section V - DSP Dump (for some reason It doesn't work) and Section VII - NAND Backup
I did everything else, my problem is that even when i use luma to boot an emunand no matter what i do it stays Sys 11.0.0-33U When it should say Emu 11.0.0-33U right?

any ideas? I tried some cias on fbi but got error cert signature or hash check failed
It's supposed to say Sys. It's no longer necessary to use emunand, because boot9strap allows sysnand patching
About the FBI error, maybe try another cia and make sure you have enough free space on your sd card

Last edited by Uumas,
Reactions: buuhhu

Dat-Boi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there, i was just installing b9s on an old 3ds xl and when it came time for the nand backup i press the home button in godmode9 and select more and there is supposed to be a nand backup option there but there isnt. what do i do?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hey there, i was just installing b9s on an old 3ds xl and when it came time for the nand backup i press the home button in godmode9 and select more and there is supposed to be a nand backup option there but there isnt. what do i do?
Use an older GodMode9 version for now, GodMode9 was updated today and the guide hasn't caught up yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1