Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 4,469,069
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you think playing JPN, EU version of games on Gateway and US 3DS uses more battery as opposed to the US version of the game? I dont know if its true but it seems like my battery goes down faster when playing Project Mirai 2.
The site I use only uploaded the EU version of the game so I wonder if I should search the US one.

No. Region doesn't make any difference. The usage of 3D effects, does, however.

Reactions: jchen

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1) Voodoo
2) Yes
3) It checks for the Gateway cart to let you enter classic mode, but once you're in, you can swap it out for a game.

Thanks for the answer!
But here more questions:

1) Can i dump my PKM X ROM + its save file and play it on gateway?
2) Can i extend the gateway partition on my SD card? I just saw it has 1GB unallocated before gateway's partition

peat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting the "an error has occurred" black screen very occasionally (once every couple of days and I'm playing my 3DS a lot). It seems to happen only within the first couple of minutes of loading a ROM, and sseems not restricted to any specific ROM. Because of this it's not been much of a problem so far. What should I do?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could be anything, just delete a specific rom you've been playing a lot and move it back over, If you're still having trouble you could format everything and move them all back over, try a different card aswell, are you using exfat? Just trial and error it until it stops. Might be a bad rom, re download the ones you're having issues with?

Reactions: peat

peat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could be anything, just delete a specific rom you've been playing a lot and move it back over, If you're still having trouble you could format everything and move them all back over, try a different card aswell, are you using exfat? Just trial and error it until it stops. Might be a bad rom, re download the ones you're having issues with?

I'm using exfat on a 64GB card. It's hard to do trial and error because its so rare and seems to be on all my ROMs, but I might try another card, thanks.

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Suppose I'm not interested in online play, I only want to buy DLC (for Phoenix Wright and Fire Emblem). Do I still need to rename the ROMs to .3dz? Or since it's just an interface for the eShop, it's cool to use the normal file without the modified header?

If the DLC is downloaded through e-shop i think you dont need to modify the header and rename to 3dz
If DLC is downloaded through game, then yes

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a 4.2 3DS with the exploid installed (but i don't have the red card yet) is there any added value to update to 4.5?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the answer!
But here more questions:

1) Can i dump my PKM X ROM + its save file and play it on gateway?
2) Can i extend the gateway partition on my SD card? I just saw it has 1GB unallocated before gateway's partition
1, pretty sure you said in another thread your save was created on a updated console instead of classic mode, so no
2, the 1GB unused space is your emunand partition....leave it as it is or you will delete your emunand

Reactions: laurorual

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey 3ds people

I have one quick question,

my online on emunand was doing strange so i went to Internet connection in sysnand. It got a black screen.
Now my problem is it wont boot into gateway anymore. I think it seems to think i have played ds games on it.

- Do i need to get the blue card and put the files back on it and just install it only. Or do i also need to do Format
Emunand.

- Is there anything more i need to do with the SD card inside my 3ds?

Thank you very much

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey 3ds people

I have one quick question,

my online on emunand was doing strange so i went to Internet connection in sysnand. It got a black screen.
Now my problem is it wont boot into gateway anymore. I think it seems to think i have played ds games on it.

- Do i need to get the blue card and put the files back on it and just install it only. Or do i also need to do Format
Emunand.

- Is there anything more i need to do with the SD card inside my 3ds?

Thank you very much

That shouldn't be happening, you can try re-installing the exploid i guess. You don't have to do anything with the SD card to my knowledge. (if you can enter the gateway mode and it happens again when booting into emunand you should ofcourse format it but you will lose all emunand files and settings when you do that)

Reactions: Don21

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
run the installer again on the blue card, if its freezing on a black screen, you may of edited things like your user name or DOB etc in sysnand system settings, which can also mess the exploit up....again just re-install the exploit via the blue card

Reactions: Don21 and DryTaste

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm thank to you all. This reminds me to keep my sd card with the files on it into my bluecard and always keep it with me. lol

at the moment its laying at a friends house. Gonna try it later today

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
just curious, does smealum have a japanese 3ds?...
since he was playing online with ssb, it would be cool if he didn't, since then it shows us he has accessed eshop to download the update (since he said on his twitter that he played online)
:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i love watching electroboom compilations