• Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.S. This probably sounds stupid but I just wanna make sure, what do you mean by "initializing" the save data?
You have to open the game first to let it make a save file. Some games do this as soon as you open it and others do it later. If it says anything like "saving" on screen, you're good to go. JKSM needs a save file to import your save in. If the save data isn't initialized, you'll get an error trying to import your save. This applies to both Save and ExtData. Some games use Save, others use ExtData, and some use both.

Jofe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi completely new to this and I have a doubt. I got an used 3ds from a friend and it has rx tools. Another friend recommended me https://3ds.guide, but I don't know if this will conflict in anyway with rx tools, not to mention that I have no idea what loads rx tools when I turn on the 3ds (it seems to be some sort of custom local loader since it is in Spanish and googling only gives me a local twitter account). I was wondering if there's a way to start from 0 with the sd as if the 3ds was new and use the mentioned guide.

Broutowicz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you very much.
You have to open the game first to let it make a save file. Some games do this as soon as you open it and others do it later. If it says anything like "saving" on screen, you're good to go. JKSM needs a save file to import your save in. If the save data isn't initialized, you'll get an error trying to import your save. This applies to both Save and ExtData. Some games use Save, others use ExtData, and some use both.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi completely new to this and I have a doubt. I got an used 3ds from a friend and it has rx tools. Another friend recommended me https://3ds.guide, but I don't know if this will conflict in anyway with rx tools, not to mention that I have no idea what loads rx tools when I turn on the 3ds (it seems to be some sort of custom local loader since it is in Spanish and googling only gives me a local twitter account). I was wondering if there's a way to start from 0 with the sd as if the 3ds was new and use the mentioned guide.
Just use the Guide. That is the ONLY Guide you should follow for 3DS hacking. https://3ds.guide/es_ES/ RxTools is hopelessly outdated and broken.
Ok thank you very much.
Welcome.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jofe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes, just follow the Guide. DO NOT SKIP ANYTHING unless it tells you to. If you follow the Guide properly, you won't lose anything. If you're worried, check your SD card first.
https://3ds.guide/f3-(linux)
https://3ds.guide/f3x-(mac)
https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

Tyvm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another quick question. When I look for the firmware version I get rx-e 9.2.0-20u but from my understanding that's EmuNAND, do I still download the stuff for version 9.2.0 for NA?

Reactions: pixelmasher

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Tyvm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another quick question. When I look for the firmware version I get rx-e 9.2.0-20u but from my understanding that's EmuNAND, do I still download the stuff for version 9.2.0 for NA?
You should find a way to boot to sysnand. If you don't know, just remove your sd when booting. Perform all the guide steps in sysnand.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Idk about parental controls, but the console can NOT install firmware without your permission. Formatting will not install the newest update even if it was downloaded.
Thanks. Just did the format and still at 9.6.0-24E and the parental control settings are all gone :)

riddick87

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So noob here. Maybe somebody can help me :D
I tried to put homebrew via 3ds guide on my new 3ds, 11.3.0.36E. Installed all files on my microsd 4gb. Starting soundhax. No prob. Homebrew loaded. But every single app in homebrew menu crash after start with red screen at the bottom and colorglitches on top. I already tried another microdsd (samsung 64 gb fat32 formated) same story.
:/ I noticed on youtube many people have similar problems.:sad:

Last edited by riddick87,

okeribok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First world noob problem: following 3ds.guide worked flawlessly for my new 3ds xl. But now it does not read Amiibo. I can not find anything on the 3ds.guide site about this and there are so many parts involved, I don't know where to start. Could it be hardware?

I would like to use my amiibo, but solving it in software (ie. "inject" amiibo) would be awesome too.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
First world noob problem: following 3ds.guide worked flawlessly for my new 3ds xl. But now it does not read Amiibo. I can not find anything on the 3ds.guide site about this and there are so many parts involved, I don't know where to start. Could it be hardware?

I would like to use my amiibo, but solving it in software (ie. "inject" amiibo) would be awesome too.
You have to be above a certain firmware, I think 9.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 40zeZHxKf3M this is him being described