• Views 4,445,919
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

KHANV1CT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my 3DS in over a year. I have the Gateway Card as well as some sort of loader menu at boot(may have been a browserhax exploit, it is a pink screen that pops up and allows me to select different options such as GW menu, Rxtools, and others). Anyways, I was planning on redoing everything if there is a newer more reliable hack for my XL. With this current method(wtf its called) it sometimes takes 4 or more hard resets to get it to boot(gets stuck on the flashing colors). I'd also like to keep GW functionality for whenever they update.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I haven't used my 3DS in over a year. I have the Gateway Card as well as some sort of loader menu at boot(may have been a browserhax exploit, it is a pink screen that pops up and allows me to select different options such as GW menu, Rxtools, and others). Anyways, I was planning on redoing everything if there is a newer more reliable hack for my XL. With this current method(wtf its called) it sometimes takes 4 or more hard resets to get it to boot(gets stuck on the flashing colors). I'd also like to keep GW functionality for whenever they update.
Check https://3ds.guide/ idk about gateway, but I think it will not work.

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So because my friend updated his New 3DS after he got it, I take it he has to wait a while to get Homebrew? Or could I mail him my copy of Sticker Star that has the Stickerhax save file on it for him to jump start off of that?

doyoing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about just installing cfw now and then update?
How do I go about doing that?
Thanks. :)

And so then in your opinions what is my best option?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

GUYS! I got it to work using Soundhax launcher :)

Last edited by doyoing,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So because my friend updated his New 3DS after he got it, I take it he has to wait a while to get Homebrew? Or could I mail him my copy of Sticker Star that has the Stickerhax save file on it for him to jump start off of that?
you can use the HBL on 11.3, i would use soundhax if i were you

even if you mailed him sticker star, he would still have to put the contents of the homebrew starter kit on his sd card

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good point. Also it isn't the glasses that make you look smarter than other cats, it's the bow tie for sure.
bow tie huh . . . +1 "smarts" for wormdood
How do I go about doing that?
Thanks. :)

And so then in your opinions what is my best option?

GUYS! I got it to work using Soundhax launcher :)
cool now do this
3ds.guide

forbidden403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I mistakenly deleted FBI using FBI my emunand, new 3ds. (after I delete it, it noticed me that FBI has been deleted. I need to restart my console.)
I suppose only FBI title has been delete and I don't know how to get it back.
I've tried to reinstall it again using homebrew launcher on emunand, launch FBI and install FBI.cia. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
I've seen this topic https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-install-fbi-without-injecting-over-h-s.458998/. I'm on luma but I can't access luma config. (it's keep forced at grey screen when I press select)
Apart from I cannot install/uninstall any games, everything is fine.

Anybody could help me to reinstall FBI or any CIA manager here?

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use the HBL on 11.3, i would use soundhax if i were you

even if you mailed him sticker star, he would still have to put the contents of the homebrew starter kit on his sd card
So wait you can just safely use Soundhax on an 11.3 New 3DS? Even tho the guides don't mention it?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So wait you can just safely use Soundhax on an 11.3 New 3DS? Even tho the guides don't mention it?

Soundhax works on 11.3 so you get access to HBL. Safehax+Fasthax do not work, so if you're thinking of getting CFW on a 11.3 console then forget it. It's not possible now, and it may never be. If I was your friend I'd sell the console and then buy a new one because the consoles carried in stores do not come with 11.3 as of yet.

Yutsa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay I'll start by saying I'm sorry because I'm sure this question has been asked a lot of times but I didn't find a clear answer and I'm pretty bad at searching informations on this site.

So first question, I followed the 3ds.guide guide and I'm now using a9lh + Luma3DS and I'm on version 10.7.0-32E. I can play my games without updating for now but can I safely update to 11.3 now without losing anything ? If yes, how should I do it ? Just use Luma updater ?

And another question, is it possible to boot my 2DS without an sd card or using another SD card ? I used a new one to make the install and I still have the original 4GB one but can't use it now.

And last of all, is it possible to download DLCs ? And how ?

Last edited by Yutsa,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first question, I followed the 3ds.guide guide and I'm now using a9lh + Luma3DS and I'm on version 10.7.0-32E. I can play my games without updating for now but can I safely update to 11.3 now without losing anything ? If yes, how should I do it ? Just use Luma updater ?
Luma Updater updates the CFW. Update with system settings (You'll be fine, albeit updating the CFW first would be a good idea)
And another question, is it possible to boot my 2DS without an sd card or using another SD card ? I used a new one to make the install and I still have the original 4GB one but can't use it now.
You have to copy arm9loaderhax.bin to the other SD card
Or you can update your A9LH install
freeShop (That's a download link) has the ability to iirc.. There should be a button somewhere on the game's title other than the normal download button

Last edited by Ricken,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct update luma first using the updater then you are safe to update the system

And another question, is it possible to boot my 2DS without an sd card or using another SD card ?
open fbi and use it to copy armloaderhax.bin to your ctr nand

yes use freeshop click the controller icon and select the game you want dlc for

edit: damn ninjas

Last edited by wormdood,

Yutsa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great thank you everyone ! I used to have a hacked PSP back in the days and the hacks for 3DS are even more impressive. Damn I just discovered freeShop it's wonderfull to be able to get a game from the 3DS itself !

And this site is great, a lot of resources and a good community.

I'm actually really impressed by the exploits and the homebrews as a computer science student, it's inspiring. I'd love to develop cool homebrews like that one day

Reactions: wormdood

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users