• Views 4,466,126
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when I use FTPD, it says there is an error and I need to make sure I have permission to copy files or access a folder. Then it says "200 OK 200 OK"

What is this and how to fix?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where do you put ROMs for emulators?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the conversion process still requires a PC.

The method I've always used is detailed in a short tutorial here. It's a fairly old method at this point, but it's pretty quick and easy. I don't know if there is a newer or better method out there.

So, when using the A9LH and Luma setup described in the guide, when you rip a game image/ROM to install it onto the SD card... does it rip it directly to .cia format? I know I am getting ahead of myself since I haven't even hacked my 3ds yet but I am curious about this process.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed the A9LH guide for my first New 3DS XL but my R4 for DS games is giving me an error. I just got this R4 and its working on my DS lite and my stock 3DS XL on 11.2 so why isn't it working on my A9LH New3DSXL?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, when using the A9LH and Luma setup described in the guide, when you rip a game image/ROM to install it onto the SD card... does it rip it directly to .cia format? I know I am getting ahead of myself since I haven't even hacked my 3ds yet but I am curious about this process.
You can choose .cia or .3ds. However it's a lot easier to just use freeShop to install games, rather than dump from cartridge with Decrypt9 (of course you can if you wish).

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can choose .cia or .3ds. However it's a lot easier to just use freeShop to install games, rather than dump from cartridge with Decrypt9 (of course you can if you wish).

So with CFW can I install games that are in .3ds format in the same way I install .cia games? And from what you are saying "freeshop" is the easiest way to install games? Is this like a matter of personal opinion among CFW users or is there REALLY a better/best way to dump and install games onto the SD card?

Edit: From what I have been reading everyone recommends using FBI to install games.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So with CFW can I install games that are in .3ds format in the same way I install .cia games? And from what you are saying "freeshop" is the easiest way to install games? Is this like a matter of personal opinion among CFW users or is there REALLY a better/best way to dump and install games onto the SD card?
No you can't install .3ds format games. They are only for flashcarts. FreeShop doesn't involve any dumping, the app allows you to download and install in one go. Except some titles might not be available since it relies on people buying the games and sharing the titlekeys.

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capture223.PNG
Capture222.PNG The 3ds.guide tells me not to delete the sd card. If I choose no it wont let me go any farther. Is it safe to click yes?

hokapage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a flashcard for my 2ds. Don't want to downgrade and use custom firmware.
Would like to just purchase a flashcard and download roms onto it and play.

Which would you suggest is best?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Is it possible without having to go through A9LH?

Last edited by hokapage,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a flashcard for my 2ds. Don't want to downgrade and use custom firmware.
Would like to just purchase a flashcard and download roms onto it and play.

Which would you suggest is best?

Thanks for the help!
The Sky3DS+ is the only one that can do this. However, it cannot currently play all games. Pokemon Sun and Moon (and probably other new releases) have a new anti-piracy check added in that prevents the Sky3DS+ from playing them.

Also, for the Sky3DS+, you'll need a legitimate cart's header to use as a header for your roms. Otherwise, there's a chance you'll be banned.

hokapage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Sky3DS+ is the only one that can do this. However, it cannot currently play all games. Pokemon Sun and Moon (and probably other new releases) have a new anti-piracy check added in that prevents the Sky3DS+ from playing them.

Also, for the Sky3DS+, you'll need a legitimate cart's header to use as a header for your roms. Otherwise, there's a chance you'll be banned.

Ah thanks for the help. Would a header be needed all the time? Or is it only for online play?

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to mass delete games? For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to download a bunch of Virtual Console titles from the FreeShop despite already having those games on emulators on my 3DS. Going to the System Settings and manually hitting delete for all the stuff I want to delete takes a while to do. Is there a quick way to do this? Or actually, is there a way to increase the limit of 300 apps? If so, then this isn't an issue at all. And on that topic, do the CIAs I download count toward that 300 app limit?

Sometimes when I use FTPD, it says there is an error and I need to make sure I have permission to copy files or access a folder. Then it says "200 OK 200 OK". What is this and how to fix?

And where do you put ROMs for Emulators?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed the A9LH guide for my first New 3DS XL but my R4 for DS games is giving me an error. I just got this R4 and its working on my DS lite and my stock 3DS XL on 11.2 so why isn't it working on my A9LH New3DSXL?

I figured out it was the Luma feature of using the New 3DS clock that was screwing up the R4. Turned it off and it works

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed this guide and everything seemed fine butnow when i try to power on the system all i get is a black screen? please help
Capture1234.PNG

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there a way to mass delete games? For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to download a bunch of Virtual Console titles from the FreeShop despite already having those games on emulators on my 3DS. Going to the System Settings and manually hitting delete for all the stuff I want to delete takes a while to do. Is there a quick way to do this? Or actually, is there a way to increase the limit of 300 apps? If so, then this isn't an issue at all. And on that topic, do the CIAs I download count toward that 300 app limit?

Sometimes when I use FTPD, it says there is an error and I need to make sure I have permission to copy files or access a folder. Then it says "200 OK 200 OK". What is this and how to fix?

And where do you put ROMs for Emulators?

You can delete games from Freeshop as well, I believe. I don't know a fix for the FTPD but I have that problem too. Restarting the console changes the IP of the console and as such, fixes my problem usually. Sometimes it takes multiple restarts though, and it's pretty annoying. Idk about the roms.

Maybe the SD Card Management app would work better than FTPD but I don't even know what it is / how to get it, other than having read about it occasionally.

The 3ds.guide tells me not to delete the sd card. If I choose no it wont let me go any farther. Is it safe to click yes?

The image you linked doesn't say anything about formatting your SD card. I did ST yesterday myself and the console specifically warns you when it's about to format SD card. What you linked doesn't do that, so pretty sure it doesn't do anything to the SD card.

Last edited by Distrance,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, when I click on one of the files in the guide for sysdowngrader I get a message that says:

The address wasn’t understood

Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (magnet) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, when I click on one of the files in the guide for sysdowngrader I get a message that says:

The address wasn’t understood

Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (magnet) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address.
You need to install a torrent client (like bittorrent, utorrent or similar)

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao, when I saw "magnet" that is what I thought. But you know... it would be nice if they guide said to do that BEFORE starting the hacking process. Especially since you don't really want to stop in the middle of the process to install programs on your PC. Good thing I expected as much and decided to download ALL the files before starting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, maybe it does mention that at the beginning, heh. Just found the note on the first page. But why upload them as torrents? o.O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo