• Views 4,470,911
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am on the 9.2.0 downgrade stage and it crashed in the middle of the process so the guide says to follow the partial downgrade instructions and start over on the previous page of the guide. So do I remove the SD and delete the files I added in 9.2.0 downgrade step? When I tried to power it back on after powering it down after the crash I got a black screen.

I am using a new 3ds hyrule edition on 9.9.0 firmware.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind, I see that I start from section II on the SAME page and not the previous.

Ok I need some advice here please:

Its telling me...

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader, but you must replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin on your sd card with the one for 9.2.0 on your region (rename the downloaded ropbin to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin)

But I cannot find a browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin file on my SD card. What do I do?

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am on the 9.2.0 downgrade stage and it crashed in the middle of the process so the guide says to follow the partial downgrade instructions and start over on the previous page of the guide. So do I remove the SD and delete the files I added in 9.2.0 downgrade step? When I tried to power it back on after powering it down after the crash I got a black screen.

I am using a new 3ds hyrule edition on 9.9.0 firmware.

Nevermind, I see that I start from section II on the SAME page and not the previous.

Ok I need some advice here please:

Its telling me...

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader, but you must replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin on your sd card with the one for 9.2.0 on your region (rename the downloaded ropbin to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin)

But I cannot find a browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin file on my SD card. What do I do?
Are you using browserhax? If so, go to the page and download the 9.2.0-20U ropbin, and rename it to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says to "replace" that file on my SD card and I cannot find a file named "browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin" on there to replace.

I have a "ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA20480_new3ds.bin" is that it?

I have followed EVERY step of the guide exactly. I have a folder for menuhax but don't see anything about browserhax except for in the guide under section IV of Homebrew Launcher. That section that brings up the homebrew browser and installs "menuhax" is titled browserhax.

I found this thread here that is basically what is happening to me I think:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/softbricked-n3dsxl-help-fixing-it.417752/

They were telling this guy to buy a game to fix the issue. Surely someone might have some advice?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does the guide say to change the name of the ropbin to a file name that isn't on my SD card anyway? Are there variations that are not covered in the guide? Because someone in the thread I mentioned above had a similar problem, even down to the file names. So I guess I should try purchasing a copy of Fire Emblem or OoT?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It says to "replace" that file on my SD card and I cannot find a file named "browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin" on there to replace.

I have a "ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA20480_new3ds.bin" is that it?

I have followed EVERY step of the guide exactly. I have a folder for menuhax but don't see anything about browserhax except for in the guide under section IV of Homebrew Launcher. That section that brings up the homebrew browser and installs "menuhax" is titled browserhax.

I found this thread here that is basically what is happening to me I think:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/softbricked-n3dsxl-help-fixing-it.417752/

They were telling this guy to buy a game to fix the issue. Surely someone might have some advice?
The guide is assuming that you've used browserhax previously. Ignore that and just place the renamed file on the root of your SD.

After that, navigate to http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php on your 3DS.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. I tried putting the renamed file on the root of the SD card and holding DOWN while booting but I just get a black screen...

Should I go on to step 10 and clear the exit data and see if it launches?

If I remove the SD card the 3ds will boot into the home menu just fine, by the way.

And it is saying the firmware is on 9.2.0-20U in settings.

If I clear the exit data and can manage to try another sysdowngrade should I try it? In case I only partially downgraded?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, I see. I tried putting the renamed file on the root of the SD card and holding DOWN while booting but I just get a black screen...

Should I go on to step 10 and clear the exit data and see if it launches?

If I remove the SD card the 3ds will boot into the home menu just fine, by the way.

And it is saying the firmware is on 9.2.0-20U in settings.

If I clear the exit data and can manage to try another sysdowngrade should I try it? In case I only partially downgraded?
You're safe to clear the Home Menu's extdata. Doing so will allow you to boot with the SD card in again.

You should attempt the downgrade again. As stated in the guide, if it failed in the middle of the process you're only partially downgraded. The good news is that already downgraded titles don't need to be downgraded again, so it won't take quite as long.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got it! It downgraded successfully. Heh, whew.

I'm on the Decrypt9 page now and it says:

"Copy the Decrypt9WIP folder from the Decrypt9WIP .zip to /3ds/ on your SD card"

But there are several other files in the .zip with the Decrypt9WIP folder. Am I to ignore the other files (Launcher.dat, Decrypt9WIP.bin, Decrypt9WIP.dat, etc)?

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can delete games from Freeshop as well, I believe. I don't know a fix for the FTPD but I have that problem too. Restarting the console changes the IP of the console and as such, fixes my problem usually. Sometimes it takes multiple restarts though, and it's pretty annoying. Idk about the roms.

Maybe the SD Card Management app would work better than FTPD but I don't even know what it is / how to get it, other than having read about it occasionally.
Well, Freeshop actually takes even longer to delete, unless there is a quick delete button. I know you can press X while hovering over an app to download it without having to select it and wait for it to load, but is there a way to delete it without waiting? And do you know the answers to any of the other questions I had?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer page of the guide and it reads:

Section II - Backup tickets
  1. Go to “Ticket/Titlekey Options”, then select “Ticket Dump (SysNAND)”
  2. Press (Select) to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
  3. Delete all .tik files in the /files9/ folder that do not start with “00-“
  4. Leave all the .tik files that do start with “00-“ in the folder
    • If none start with “00-“, then just continue.
  5. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, then press (B)
But there is no "ticket/Titlekey Options" option on the decrypt9 menu, what should I do? It's a new 3ds do I even have tickets?

I skipped section II - Backup Tickets since its a new 3ds but now I am on section III - ctrtransfer

Section III - ctrtransfer
  1. Go to “SysNAND Options”, then “CTRNAND Transfer”, then “Auto CTRNAND Transfer”
I don't see a SysNAND Options on the decrypt9 menu to select, now... I am a little stressed but I have followed EVERY step of this guide and I am starting to get a little annoyed at this point. Since this is a sensitive time in the process. Is anyone awake right now that might know what I am doing wrong?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, the guide should say to press B twice... to return to the proper menu. I follow guides a little TOO close I guess. I got it I think.

I feel like I am disarming a nuclear bomb, heh.

rogerramjet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I've just fully set up a new 3DS-XL with Luma following 3ds-guide. Rather than keep taking the SD card out to put into my pc while I'm adding CIA files, what software can I use to transfer CIA files from my pc to the 3DS over my home network? Thanks.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I've just fully set up a new 3DS-XL with Luma following 3ds-guide. Rather than keep taking the SD card out to put into my pc while I'm adding CIA files, what software can I use to transfer CIA files from my pc to the 3DS over my home network? Thanks.
SocketPunch and FBI v2.4.2's Network Install option. Later versions of FBI removed the network install function and added something similar. I haven't updated to the latest version (v2.4.5, iirc) yet, so I can't help you on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday