• Views 4,463,178
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Mr_Charlie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so by ST'ing from N3DS to O3DS you'd get the game required for NFIRM downgrade, and you would then wait 7 days to ST back to then hack the N3DS. I see what you mean, but it's impossible, as there is literally no way you can ST from a N3DS to an O3DS. Even if it was possible, would it be worth for just $2? Just do the normal DSiWare downgrade hack, and buy a compatible DSiWare game for a mere $2 on the O3DS.

Once you ST from O3DS to N3DS and complete the hack, you can then format the N3DS to re-link the old NNID and still retain Zelda on that console for whatever reason you may need it for.

All my important games are in cartridge format.... so could I just format the N3DS to unlink the NNID, then link it to the CFW system to download the DSiware? Afterwards, I can just follow the guide to hack the N3DS.

EDIT: I tried, but the warnings before formatting explained it.

Last edited by Mr_Charlie,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
All my important games are in cartridge format.... so could I just format the N3DS to unlink the NNID, then link it to the CFW system to download the DSiware? Afterwards, I can just follow the guide to hack the N3DS.

If you really want to save a whopping $2 you can do that, but the only way to actually unlink a NNID from a console is to call Nintendo or do a system transfer. You can format it, which means you can log-in with another NNID, but the original NNID cannot be used in any other console unless you call Nintendo to say you lost access to the console or w/e story you want to come up with. If you do manage to get it unliked by calling Nintendo and then subsequently do the ST on the O3DS to the N3DS, you will get your NNID back on the N3DS with the system transfer.

Nintendo has the right to deny your un-link request though, so make sure your story is convincing. They probably won't grant two un-links per same NNID as it would seem suspicious, as I'm sure Nintendo knows what the user is actually doing if you request it multiple times for same NNID.

Also your games might be in cartridge format but you should look up if all of those games save the save data onto the cartridge or into the system itself. You may have some games that don't store save data onto the cartridge and you'd lose those.

Last edited by Distrance,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Mr_Charlie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really want to save a whopping $2 you can do that, but the only way to actually unlink a NNID from a console is to call Nintendo or do a system transfer. You can format it, which means you can log-in with another NNID, but the original NNID cannot be used in any other console unless you call Nintendo to say you lost access to the console or w/e story you want to come up with. If you do manage to get it unliked by calling Nintendo and then subsequently do the ST on the O3DS to the N3DS, you will get your NNID back on the N3DS with the system transfer.

Nintendo has the right to deny your un-link request though, so make sure your story is convincing. They probably won't grant two un-links per same NNID as it would seem suspicious, as I'm sure Nintendo knows what the user is actually doing if you request it multiple times for same NNID.

Also your games might be in cartridge format but you should look up if all of those games save the save data onto the cartridge or into the system itself. You may have some games that don't store save data onto the cartridge and you'd lose those.

Thanks for all the help! I have already submitted a ticket. Hopefully it gets approved.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can I restore a nand backup (sysnand) that I made with gateway 3ds menu with decrypt9/hourglass9 while keeping a9hl?

This backup was made before I had A9HL.

SirHaxALot

Yum Cookies! :3
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: Aman310

Chino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a really noob question here.

I'm entirely new to 3DS hacking. I've done a bunch of Wii and Vita hacking, but not 3DS. I recently installed A9LH and Luma3DS on my N3DSXL. As far as I know, A9LH is the exploit, and Luma3DS is a CFW. I know that an emuNand is the SysNand but emulated, but what IS it? Luma3DS isn't an emunand right? And is it okay that I updated my sysnand to the latest version?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a really noob question here.

I'm entirely new to 3DS hacking. I've done a bunch of Wii and Vita hacking, but not 3DS. I recently installed A9LH and Luma3DS on my N3DSXL. As far as I know, A9LH is the exploit, and Luma3DS is a CFW. I know that an emuNand is the SysNand but emulated, but what IS it? Luma3DS isn't an emunand right? And is it okay that I updated my sysnand to the latest version?

Luma is the CFW, it's like a group of patches/loaders you use to boot a system (sysnand or emunand) that adds aditional features.
An emunand is a copy on an SD/microSD card from the internal chip of your 3ds (the chip that's not accesible through common ways), so "emulates" the structure of its partitions, etc, but in a hidden partition on your SD card instead of on the internal chip.

Emunand is kinda outdated, so if you recently used the 3ds.guide, you're not using an emunand.
If you're using the latest version of Luma, you can update through system settings

Last edited by Arubaro,
Reactions: Chino

Chino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma is the CFW, it's like a kind of patches/loaders you use to boot a system (sysnand or emunand), adding aditional features.
An emunand is a copy on an SD/microSD card from the internal chip of your 3ds (the chip that's not accesible through common ways), so "emulates" the structure of its partitions, etc, but in a hidden partition on your SD card instead of on the internal chip.

Emunand is kinda outdated, so if you recently used the 3ds.guide, you're not using an emunand.
If you're using the latest version of Luma, you can update through system settings
Ah okay. I had a feeling emunand was kind of outdated due to everything I found about them was from 2+ years ago. Thanks for clearing that up.

oB1ken0bi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone!

Ive got a old 3dsXL here, on firmware 4.2.0-9U I went to https://3ds.guide/decrypt9-(mset) and downloaded Decrypt9 and attempted to follow the instructions. In the decrypt9 zip there are many bin files that are not given any explanations on where to place them, SD or Cart. I added them to the Cart, but it failed. I then looked at my Cart, it is a acekardi 2 and it does say DSI(XL) and 3DS compatible, I am assuming 3dsXL as well. Can someone give me a little incite please, Ive had flashcarts working on DS and DSi XL for years now, but this 3ds is starting to make my brain hurt.

Thanks!

phantomness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merry Christmas everyone!
I have zero experience soldering, and since I have 11.2.0.35 on an old 3DS, does anyone offer a mail-in service where I could pay them to solder my 3DS and install AL9H and LUMA and everything? Alternatively, is it possible that if I waited, stickerhax or basehax could be somehow updated to work around this update?

Thank you!

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Merry Christmas everyone!
I have zero experience soldering, and since I have 11.2.0.35 on an old 3DS, does anyone offer a mail-in service where I could pay them to solder my 3DS and install AL9H and LUMA and everything? Alternatively, is it possible that if I waited, stickerhax or basehax could be somehow updated to work around this update?

Thank you!

It's literally impossible that stickerhax or basehax would let you "work around", because the NFIRM was updated starting from 11.0. To install A9LH, you must downgrade, and you can't downgrade in 11.0 - 11.2 without hardmod / system transfer exploit. Waithax can be used on 11.0 - 11.1 to downgrade, but you need one of the specific four DSiWare titles that are all pulled. So you're SOL here, unless you do indeed send it to someone. It doesn't need to be hardmodded at all; system transfer works fine.

If I were you I'd pick up an used 2DS with 10.7 firmware or lower and hack that, then use that to system transfer hack your current console. Used 2DS's are cheap, and once you're done hacking and ST'ing, you can probably sell the now-hacked 2DS for more than you bought it for. Whereas paying for a hardmod/system transfer to someone else costs you money you'll never get back.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone!

Ive got a old 3dsXL here, on firmware 4.2.0-9U I went to https://3ds.guide/decrypt9-(mset) and downloaded Decrypt9 and attempted to follow the instructions. In the decrypt9 zip there are many bin files that are not given any explanations on where to place them, SD or Cart. I added them to the Cart, but it failed. I then looked at my Cart, it is a acekardi 2 and it does say DSI(XL) and 3DS compatible, I am assuming 3dsXL as well. Can someone give me a little incite please, Ive had flashcarts working on DS and DSi XL for years now, but this 3ds is starting to make my brain hurt.

Thanks!
Merry Christmas!

You only need to place Launcher.dat and Decrypt9WIP.dat on the root of your SD card. The .nds file goes on your flashcart. You can ignore the other files.

If your 3DS isn't reading the Acekard 2i, it needs to be updated by a normal DS, that can read it. After you've updated the flashcart, it should work.

Reactions: oB1ken0bi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7