• Views 4,492,465
  • Replies 53,789
  • Likes 43

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hello everyone... I've just installed Luma 3DS on a stock 4.3 old 3DS XL. Now according to all injstructions I've found so far, it's supposed to be safe to update through the system settings, without losing A9LH... I was wondering if this is true as of now??? Is the current update from Nintendo safe to download???

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone... I've just installed Luma 3DS on a stock 4.3 old 3DS XL. Now according to all injstructions I've found so far, it's supposed to be safe to update through the system settings, without losing A9LH... I was wondering if this is true as of now??? Is the current update from Nintendo safe to download???
in your system settings you will see sys in front of the system version :)

if you followed the guide fully

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe to run DSiwarehax installer on 10.3, and assuming it is, would I need to do anything extra to explain to it what kernal exploits are available on this firmware?
On 10.3 you can bypass the browser nag and use browserhax to run, for example, sysDowngrader in order to downgrade

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
in your system settings you will see sys in front of the system version :)

if you followed the guide fully

Yes, I did. And currently it says "Sys 9.2.0-20E". Is it even recommended that I update at all?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I'd like to know if it would still be possible to play games from a gateway card... I deleted my Gateway emunand partition, and now the Gateway flashcart does not show up on the menu... Is there still a quick way to access the games on the flash cart?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
My system's one of the ones that always softbricks when downgrading. My intent was to use DSiwarehax to backup my NAND before I format my system and follow the normal downgrade process.
Then I don't know... I guess because you have homebrew access, you don't need to system transfer etc, so you could install some dsiware, inject the save and see if it works.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I did. And currently it says "Sys 9.2.0-20E". Is it even recommended that I update at all?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I'd like to know if it would still be possible to play games from a gateway card... I deleted my Gateway emunand partition, and now the Gateway flashcart does not show up on the menu... Is there still a quick way to access the games on the flash cart?
You can update just fine.
And you can use luma and chainloader to get gateway to boot
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Reactions: naughty_cat

greg6721

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi again guys. I have followed the guide https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
I get to section 5 where I inject the hs.app it happens fine on the o3ds however when I reboot and try to open the health and safety app its still the Nintendo health and safety app
does anyone have any ideas where I have went wrong?

can anyone help? I cant find anything that can help online

Last edited by greg6721,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone,

I updated my o3DS to Luma3DS a few months ago thanks to help I got in this thread. Everything has been running great on my 3DS and haven't had the need to use the Luma Updater since I originally followed plailect's guide. I did use it a few times after just as I was exploring everything on my 3DS and I did update to a nightly but haven't used it since.

With the release of Pkm Moon and Dun and a few other games I decided I wanted to update Luma3DS but I'm having problems getting g the Updater to run. When I open it, it displays a message about missing a config, then the app crashes (displays error in the 3DS menu) and then restarts my 3DS. I'm looking for help in getting the Updater working again.
Delete the config.bin inside the luma folder on SD root. Also delete arm9loaderhax.bin on SD root.
Download latest version of Luma from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.6
Copy the arm9loaderhax.bin from the Lumav6.6.7z to the SD root and boot up.
Luma settings will launch.
Set them as this:
    1. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    2. “Autoboot SysNAND”
  • “Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)”
  • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
  1. If you are using a New 3DS, you should also enable the following:
    • “New 3DS CPU” to “Clock+L2(x)”

Well how does DSiWareHax work?
https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade

hello guys can i use 64gb micro sd card+adapter in my old 3dsxl?
Yes, you can.
But you will have to format it with FAT32/32Kb Cluster Size. Windows won't do this, you'll have to find a 3rd party program.
Search Google for "guiformat".

hi again guys. I have followed the guide https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
I get to section 5 where I inject the hs.app it happens fine on the o3ds however when I reboot and try to open the health and safety app its still the Nintendo health and safety app
does anyone have any ideas where I have went wrong?

can anyone help? I cant find anything that can help online
Did you already updated to latest FW?
If not, do it and them do the "inject FBI" part.

Yes, it is safe to update.
    1. Regardless of whether or not you did either of the above two steps, update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
    2. Yes this is safe, stop asking about it.
    • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
    • If this still gives you an error and your NAND is below 9.2.0, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer
Section V - Injecting FBI

Reactions: simonrule

greg6721

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Delete the config.bin inside the luma folder on SD root. Also delete arm9loaderhax.bin on SD root.
Download latest version of Luma from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.6
Copy the arm9loaderhax.bin from the Lumav6.6.7z to the SD root and boot up.
Luma settings will launch.
Set them as this:

https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade

Yes, you can.
But you will have to format it with FAT32/32Kb Cluster Size. Windows won't do this, you'll have to find a 3rd party program.
Search Google for "guiformat".

Did you already updated to latest FW?
If not, do it and them do the "inject FBI" part.

Yes, it is safe to update.

yes I did update the fw, version is showing 11.2.0-35. I can boot into luma and hourglass 9 no problem. when I dump and then inject the health and safety fbi it says its been successful. I then reboot and the health and safety information appears and not fbi

IceyGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if it was ticked when doing the sdless part on NAND and saved, it will use that instead the one from SD. The console is always booting from arm9loaderhax.bin from NAND. Proof is that they updated luma to 6.6 on the sd but version still the same.
Yes I had installed sdless a9lh and ticked it. However now that option for Autoboot SysNAND is completely gone in the configuration.
I went back over and did the sdless again and now the configuration has v6.6 configuration however i'm still missing the same options as before.

herherdjz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got to Section VII - Reinstalling tickets on the guide (I see a bunch of 00-.tiks in my files9 folder so I'm assuming these are the tickets to restore?).

and when I hit “Install and delete all tickets” it says: "Failed to install ticket. Desc: Error Type-7 (107)" for all of the .tik files I have in the folder.

Should I be worried about this? Can I just plug the SD card into my PC and manually delete the .tik files?

faizan955

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yesterday I got the new 3DS and I successfully transferred all of my stuff from the old 2DS. I wondering is it possible to regain the cias I had installed on the old one, in the n3ds, fbi recognizes them being installed, but won't launch them.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yesterday I got the new 3DS and I successfully transferred all of my stuff from the old 2DS. I wondering is it possible to regain the cias I had installed on the old one, in the n3ds, fbi recognizes them being installed, but won't launch them.
I believe that's a ticket issue as per the post above you, try following the reinstallation process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a old 3ds with 4.5 mset and rx tools. I want to transfer to a new SD card before I upgrade to the new hacks because my old sd card occasionally fails, and is slower. I was using this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/ however it wouldn't work past step 5 because it said not enough space (transferring from a 2/3rds full 32gig to a clean 32gig). Should I be using this method or a different one, and if I should use this method then how do I get around their not being enough space?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?