• Views 4,514,786
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

LiamStarling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys, I'm totally new here, so please forgive if is the wrong place to ask - I'm following the Piailect guide to installing A9LH, however i'm stuck on part 12 'Transferring a9HLoaderhax.bin file' - I've downloaded all the files and zips as required however this file seems to be missing from the Luma3DS zip. Is it safe to skip this step, or do I NEED this file. Thanks once again. I should add everything else from this guide has worked perfectly, gotta give credit!
FoEDAff.png
uUco6gg.png

Last edited by LiamStarling,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, I'm totally new here, so please forgive if is the wrong place to ask - I'm following the Piailect guide to installing A9LH, however i'm stuck on part 12 'Transferring a9HLoaderhax.bin file' - I've downloaded all the files and zips as required however this file seems to be missing from the Luma3DS zip. Is it safe to skip this step, or do I NEED this file. Thanks once again. I should add everything else from this guide has worked perfectly, gotta give credit!
FoEDAff.png
uUco6gg.png
You downloaded and extracted the source code. :/ Extract the Luma3DSv6.5.7z file and you'll find the arm9loaderhax.bin file.

LiamStarling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You downloaded and extracted the source code. :/ Extract the Luma3DSv6.5.7z file and you'll find the arm9loaderhax.bin file.
Sweet baby Jesus, what a noob I am :D didny have the right extraction tool on the mac, must be why I couldnt see it. THANK YOU! to be fair though the guide does say ZIP file and not .7z file.

Last edited by LiamStarling,

Skullgrill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was using the piailect guide and I got it working but I was wondering if there's anything I have to do to swap my SD card for a larger one besides transferring files.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was using the piailect guide and I got it working but I was wondering if there's anything I have to do to swap my SD card for a larger one besides transferring files.
Did you fully finish Plailect's guide? If you did, then all you need to do is copy everything over to the new card. If the card is 64+GB, then you will need to format it to FAT32 for the 3DS to recognize it.

Skullgrill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you fully finish Plailect's guide? If you did, then all you need to do is copy everything over to the new card. If the card is 64+GB, then you will need to format it to FAT32 for the 3DS to recognize it.

I did. Ok then thanks! I got worried since I saw people talking about backups and nands

3dsbaby16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Followed guide to install a9lh via https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

Just had some questions and would appreciate any help.

1. My 3DS was on 4.5 before following the guide but is now on 11.2, isn't this a bad thing?
2. How would I create backups on carts we have so we don't have to take them all with us but instead just have them on the console?
3. Is it just a case of copying a game (.3ds file) to the root of the SD card to play, or would it be a case of copying then launching with one of the apps now on the 3DS - Homebrew Launch, FBI, Luma?

sorry if the questions are a bit stupid, but still new to the game ;-)
Thanks in advance

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the best 3ds system to get right now to have custom firmware on? my hands are really big.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm wondering...
For downgrade a 11.2, I know I can't use a warez cia of FieldRunners.
But what about a CIA dump myself, from a legit bought myself?

Do I have to download it from te Eshop everytime, or can I just re-install my own CIA when I need to downgrade?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm wondering...
For downgrade a 11.2, I know I can't use a warez cia of FieldRunners.
But what about a CIA dump myself, from a legit bought myself?

Do I have to download it from te Eshop everytime, or can I just re-install my own CIA when I need to downgrade?
No, even if you buy it. When you make a CIA out of it, it becomes unsigned and won't work. Legit CIAs use generic code that let's you play it on every 3DS, we can't have that since Legit CIAs are games that come bundled with a 3DS

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, even if you buy it. When you make a CIA out of it, it becomes unsigned and won't work. Legit CIAs use generic code that let's you play it on every 3DS, we can't have that since Legit CIAs are games that come bundled with a 3DS
So I need to download it from Eshop every time I want downgrade a 11.X ?
Shit, thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Now I get stuck in this part. I press Start on Boot and nothing happens

View attachment 68393
Did you copy the bin file from Hourglass9, put it in luma/payloads and name it start_hourglass.bin?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Click the type of 3DS you have, then click the firmware you have on the next page, then it will give you instructions for your console.

So I need to download it from Eshop every time I want downgrade a 11.X ?
Shit, thanks.
You can do a system transfer back to the hacked console or call Nintendo and ask them to put your NNID back on the source console.

Dsiwarehax won't work anymore because the games are gone, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fieldrunners is still available to buy.

Followed guide to install a9lh via https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

Just had some questions and would appreciate any help.

1. My 3DS was on 4.5 before following the guide but is now on 11.2, isn't this a bad thing?
2. How would I create backups on carts we have so we don't have to take them all with us but instead just have them on the console?
3. Is it just a case of copying a game (.3ds file) to the root of the SD card to play, or would it be a case of copying then launching with one of the apps now on the 3DS - Homebrew Launch, FBI, Luma?

sorry if the questions are a bit stupid, but still new to the game ;-)
Thanks in advance
1. It's a good thing - you can play newer games.
2. You can use Decrypt9 to dump a cartridge to a cia file and install it, or use freeShop to download and install directly from the net.
3. No - you need a cia file to install with FBI, or you can download and install directly with freeShop.

what is the best 3ds system to get right now to have custom firmware on? my hands are really big.
3DSXL or N3DSXL, your choice, your budget :-)

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you copy the bin file from Hourglass9, put it in luma/payloads and name it start_hourglass.bin?

Click the type of 3DS you have, then click the firmware you have on the next page, then it will give you instructions for your console.

You can do a system transfer back to the hacked console or call Nintendo and ask them to put your NNID back on the source console.

Fieldrunners is still available to buy.

1. It's a good thing - you can play newer games.
2. You can use Decrypt9 to dump a cartridge to a cia file and install it, or use freeShop to download and install directly from the net.
3. No - you need a cia file to install with FBI, or you can download and install directly with freeShop.

3DSXL or N3DSXL, your choice, your budget :-)
Would it still work? Or is it patched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1