• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so in an attempt to get Sun and Moon early I grabbed my old 3ds, which was updated to 9.2.0, and decided to hack it. I put homebrew on there and did the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer and everything was working fine (was using this guide https://ianburgwin.net/ez3ds/checkfw?model=Old&major=9&minor=2&revision=0&nver=20&region=U ). However once I finished that I tried to do the third step, installing arm9loaderhax, but I could no longer open Homebrew in my 3DS. In a fit of frustration I whiped my SD card and put in a backup of the SD card before it had done the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer. I put in the SD card and tried to load Browserhax, but it crashes everytime and I dont know what to do. Is my 3DS no longer able to use Homebrew now?

Did you restore the backup? Big no no if you did that.

Also, since you have to update your 3DS during the arm9loaderhax installation, you needed to update your Homebrew files as well (if you were using a secondary exploit) (if you were primarily using Browserhax for everything, you dun goofed)

Also, you should've been able to access Homebrew since you install the HBL.cia before entering Homebrew anyways.

Ismon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I restored the backup, could I update my 3ds to the current firmware then downgrade it to 9.2.0 and start over or an I done for

Josephimmanuel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Have anyone updated into Luma 6.5? i wanma ask, when we boot our 3ds using luma 6.3 there's a girl lookz like Peach from Mario Bros. but in 6.5, there's no girl look like Peach, does it mean the Update is failed? thanks!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have anyone updated into Luma 6.5? i wanma ask, when we boot our 3ds using luma 6.3 there's a girl lookz like Peach from Mario Bros. but in 6.5, there's no girl look like Peach, does it mean the Update is failed? thanks!
You need to turn your splash screen back on (I assume that's what you mean). At the top of your Luma settings hould be an option to turn your splash screen to either before or after your payloads.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes I restored the backup, could I update my 3ds to the current firmware then downgrade it to 9.2.0 and start over or an I done for
You can use DSiWare downgrade or hardmod downgrade. Read the guide and put in 11.2 for the firmware and it will give you links about how to do these things.

Josephimmanuel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You need to turn your splash screen back on (I assume that's what you mean). At the top of your Luma settings hould be an option to turn your splash screen to either before or after your payloads.
but if i turn the splash off, still, we can say the update is success right sir?

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Now I get stuck in this part. I press Start on Boot and nothing happens

bandicam 2016-11-10 08-49-29-537.jpg

dreadleoric

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey guys wanna ask question about powersaves.
My powersaves codes for Pokemon Y (JPN) shows square or unreadable codes like this.
is it because of the region? can it be change
powersaves.png
Thank you

Last edited by dreadleoric,

RockmanPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Im thinking of finally getting myself a nice 3ds. The problem is that I dont know which model is the absolute best one regarding System Version and CFW matters.

I can only buy factory sealed models. From what Ive read, the CFW process varies if you have a browser or not, and there are methods that require physical games or DS cards.

TLDR : What is the simplest hacking method and what 3ds model and System Version should I look for?

Thanks in advance

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 11.0 with A9LH and Luma3DS 6.5. In the settings it says "Sys 11.0.0-33E". Is it safe to update to the latest firmware?
It is always safe to update with a9lh but thanks for asking.
Just a random question. Gateway is pretty much now dead and not relevant anymore right?
Not really romhackers use it (even though ntr layeredfs doesn't need to be compiled each edit to test) and the cheat engine. (But most cheats can be converted to ntr)

Reactions: bidiminished

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper