• Views 4,458,969
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought the SM3Dland bundle, confirmed its on 10.7. Gonna follow Plailect's guide to the letter. But on first page, it says the SD card used should be mbr, not gpt. My PC is running XP Home (I'm old, don't need a fast PC) and I'm having trouble checking this in disk management. Is the microsd installed in the N3DS good to go out of the box? How likely is it that it would be gpt?

Tephie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just bought the SM3Dland bundle, confirmed its on 10.7. Gonna follow Plailect's guide to the letter. But on first page, it says the SD card used should be mbr, not gpt. My PC is running XP Home (I'm old, don't need a fast PC) and I'm having trouble checking this in disk management. Is the microsd installed in the N3DS good to go out of the box? How likely is it that it would be gpt?
Out of the box, 3DS SD card is MBR

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

It's MBR, don't worry and go on, ;)

Hidend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, is noob paradise

Im gonna try DSiWare Downgrade but i have a question

1. Im gonna transfer 3DS #1 system to 3DS #2, so i will lose 3DS #2 NNID? If yes, can i recover this NNID later, or at least, have a new NNID?
2. 3ds #1 is from my friend, i mean, should i know something about problems of doing DSiWare downgrade? (Losing NNID, multiplayer function etc)

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, is noob paradise

Im gonna try DSiWare Downgrade but i have a question

1. Im gonna transfer 3DS #1 system to 3DS #2, so i will lose 3DS #2 NNID? If yes, can i recover this NNID later, or at least, have a new NNID?
2. 3ds #1 is from my friend, i mean, should i know something about problems of doing DSiWare downgrade? (Losing NNID, multiplayer function etc)
1. You need to format 3ds #2, because if you have a nnid on 3ds #2, the nnid on 3ds #1 will not transfer. If 3ds #1 and 2 are both old 3dses or new 3dses, after the transfer, wait 7 days, transfer the nnid back to nnid #1, then 3ds #2 will automatically reformat. After setup, you can put your orignal nnid details back on 3ds #2, and you should be good to go. If 3ds #1 is old 3ds, and 3ds #2 is new 3ds, the only way I can think of is to call Nintendo themselves to transfer it back.
2. Other than the transfer failing, which should not happen if you did it correctly, there should be no problem with the dsiware downgrade.

Reactions: Hidend

TsukiRyori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im done installing arm9lh , but when im opening my 3ds the cias i downloaded are always on the gift box / unopened how do i fix this?

and can i mod the splash screen when opening games? already done it when booting.

mikeabbo10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya, New here.
After reading a few pages I have a Old 3ds with firmware 4.5.
I have pretty much confused myself with all the different custom firmwares, i am not too fussed with what one i use at the moment.
I am just looking for one that can run homebrew and a handful of emulators.
Can someone point me in the direction of a step by step guide to transitioning from 4.5 to a custom firmware.

Thank you in advance, sorry if the guide is in a obvious place, I did try and look and i read a few things that confused me

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hiya, New here.
I have pretty much confused myself with all the different custom firmwares, i am not too fussed with what one i use at the moment.
Can someone point me in the direction of a step by step guide to transitioning from 4.5 to a custom firmware.

Thank you in advance, sorry if the guide is in a obvious place, I did try and look and i read a few things that confused me

What is your full version? 4.5.0-XX?

And is it factory firmware or do you have Gateway Card?

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, New here.

Start here:https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9)

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im done installing arm9lh , but when im opening my 3ds the cias i downloaded are always on the gift box / unopened how do i fix this?

and can i mod the splash screen when opening games? already done it when booting.
Do you mean by every downloaded cia, after you reboot, needs to be reopened, or do you mean every new downloaded cia needs to be reopened.

Also, I don't think you mod the splash screen for opening 3ds games.

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help, I am considering buying gateway. Would that be sufficient for emulation and maybe 3ds roms?
Nah, don't buy gateway. It can brick your 3ds. Just do arm9loaderhax using the link above your post. You can play 3ds cia without private header, unlike gateway with 3ds roms. Emulation works for both, but arm9loaderhax is the cheapest option.

Last edited by NintenDavid,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for your help, I am considering buying gateway. Would that be sufficient for emulation and maybe 3ds roms?

I would think better for you to get a Cubic Ninja Cart for accessing a Hax entry. After installing arm9, you'll have more than Gateway can provide.
Cubic Ninja sells for high price but it's the best entry point for any Hax.

Nah, don't buy gateway. It can brick your 3ds. Just do arm9loaderhax using the link above your post.

He can't do the guide without a Cart entry point since He doesn't have a browser in his FW.

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think better for you to get a Cubic Ninja Cart for accessing a Hax entry. After installing arm9, you'll have more than Gateway can provide.

He can't do the guide without a Cart entry point since He doesn't have a browser in his FW.
He can still use the MSET with DS Flashcart, which are cheaper than Cubic Ninja.

mikeabbo10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Cube ninja seems like a pain to get a hold of.

If i go down that route, i will be able to run 3ds games still?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
He can still use the MSET with DS Flashcart, which are cheaper than Cubic Ninja.

Yes true. Although, resell value for CN is higher than the DS Flash, ;)

Cube ninja seems like a pain to get a hold of.

If i go down that route, i will be able to run 3ds games still?

After A9LH, you can run all that you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol