• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Aren't you already on A9LH?

Just replace the Decrypt9WIP bin from luma/payloads with the new one.

It's not intended to launch from HBL on v11

zlyczarny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Aren't you already on A9LH?

Just replace the Decrypt9WIP bin from luma/payloads with the new one.

It's not intended to launch from HBL on v11

damn, Im lost. I tied the https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Browser-OTP intructions, I did the backup of otp. I did the update to 9.2, i did part 1 homebrew. Next thing I need to do which is written there its Do Part 4 - 2.1.0 Downgrade (Section II - Injecting FBI Only, use "SysNAND Options" instead of "EmuNAND Options")
but I did the injecting fbi already on the begining so I thought I dont need to do it and I skip it, but it looks like after update i lost the FBI. So I wanted to do it again and cant get on the decrypt9.

TastyyNico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will ask again, because I figured out some more info.
I currently only have arm9loaderhax and Luma3DS (and these 3 .cia's from Plailects guide) on my 2DS + 8GB SD Card.
If I want to upgrade to a 64GB SD Card can I just copy all the files from the old SD card to the new SD Card?
Or do I have to do this guide here? https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

Or even something else?

I don't really understand if I have this emuNAND thing or not, so im just asking.

And also: Is a 64GB even possible? Because on Nintendo's Site it says that 32GB is max

Last edited by TastyyNico,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes im on 9.2, I tried 7 times and nothing. Maybe I should start from the begining from the new shorter instructions? Dont know what to do now :/

The new guide is easier, so.. maybe you'll have better luck.

I will ask again, because I figured out some more info.
I currently only have arm9loaderhax and Luma3DS on my 2DS + 8GB SD Card.
If I want to upgrade to a 64GB SD Card can I just copy all the files from the old SD card to the new SD Card?
Or do I have to do this guide here? https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

Or even something else?

I don't really understand if I have this emuNAND thing or not, so im just asking.

And also: Is a 64GB even possible? Because on Nintendo's Site it says that 32GB is max

If you only have SysNAND (which is what you should if you follow the guide to a T) is a matter of copy you old SD to PC and then copy back to the new SD.

But 64Gb SDs must be formatted with 3rd party programs (Windows will format it in exFAT and it needs to be in FAT32).
You can also format it with Emunand9 (Start console with y pressed, choose SD Format Options, Format SD (no EmuNAND) BUT, before inputing the up, down, etc, take your old SD from the console and insert the new one.

Input the up, down, etc.. and Emunand9 will format it in FAT32 with 64Kb cluster size.

After finishing the format, press B, then press SELECT to eject the SD from console.
Put it in PC and copy back all files and folders from your old SD.

Put your new SD on console, press B and after, press START.

Console will reboot and voila.

Reactions: TastyyNico

Erythros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got a 9.2 3ds with a 10.3 emunand, running CAKES cfw, and I want to use the e-Shop to buy the new ace attorney game (supporting and blablabla)

What's the best option? Can I just update the emunand? Do I have to do anything special for updading it?

I did the process around... november last year, I think. When 10.3 was the newest.

Last edited by Erythros,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've got a 9.2 3ds with a 10.3 emunand, running CAKES cfw, and I want to use the e-Shop to buy the new ace attorney game (supporting and blablabla)

What's the best option? Can I just update the emunand? Do I have to do anything special for updading it?

If you're sure that the NANDs are unlinked, you can go to EmuNAND and update it in System Settings to latest version.

Erythros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you're sure that the NANDs are unlinked, you can go to EmuNAND and update it in System Settings to latest version.

Last time I did that, the emunand stopped working and I had to re-do the whole process. Are you sure I don't need to do anything else?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the new guide has anything changed for people who followed the guide previouslly? What I mean is do we need to update anything or backup anything new?

Still nothing has changed as far as what systems you can use the guide on has it?

TastyyNico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

If you only have SysNAND (which is what you should if you follow the guide to a T) is a matter of copy you old SD to PC and then copy back to the new SD.

But 64Gb SDs must be formatted with 3rd party programs (Windows will format it in exFAT and it needs to be in FAT32).
You can also format it with Emunand9 (Start console with y pressed, choose SD Format Options, Format SD (no EmuNAND) BUT, before inputing the up, down, etc, take your old SD from the console and insert the new one.

Input the up, down, etc.. and Emunand9 will format it in FAT32 with 64Kb cluster size.

After finishing the format, press B, then press SELECT to eject the SD from console.

Well, yeah, I guess that I have sysNAND then, I followed the Plailect guide 1:1. (Except the NTR CFW thing at the end)

I will just copy the files from the old SD to the new SD, right? (And ofc format to FAT32 before)
The Emunand9 method seems more complicated, so I will pass that :D

Thanks for your help

Last edited by TastyyNico,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Last time I did that, the emunand stopped working and I had to re-do the whole process. Are you sure I don't need to do anything else?

Like I said, if you're NANDs are unlinked, I'm almost certain it's just a matter of update it (the EmuNAND) through System Settings (make sure you're on EmuNAND).

[EDIT]
Seeing the CakesFW, it seems it's only compatible with up to 10.7
So, DON'T UPDATE unless someone else tell's you it Works on v11, sorry

Maybe asking there is better, https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cakesfw.391200/

So with the new guide has anything changed for people who followed the guide previouslly? What I mean is do we need to update anything or backup anything new?

Still nothing has changed as far as what systems you can use the guide on has it?

Only thing that changed are the payloads that were updated (Decrypt9WIP and Hourglass9).
If you want, it's a matter of replacing them in the luma/payloads folder.

The rest doesn't give you anything new.

Last edited by cravas,

Yaseen Ahammed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So my current situation is that my 3DS console's 3D slider isn't working and I am stuck in 3D mode (or somewhere in between), and I reset my 3DS without thinking, this has now resulted in me having to go through the setup screen and once I have selected my language, I am required to "move the 3D slider all the way up". Here's the problem; the slider is all the way up and yet the setup is not detecting this, moving the slider down does not switch off the 3D at all and so it can be presumed that the 3D slider is not working.

I was wondering since I can't alter the 3D settings, is there a way I can flash a custom firmware or something that doesn't require this initial 3D setup so I can finally use my 3DS again?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME IT'S POSSIBLE! :'(

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So my current situation is that my 3DS console's 3D slider isn't working and I am stuck in 3D mode (or somewhere in between), and I reset my 3DS without thinking, this has now resulted in me having to go through the setup screen and once I have selected my language, I am required to "move the 3D slider all the way up". Here's the problem; the slider is all the way up and yet the setup is not detecting this, moving the slider down does not switch off the 3D at all and so it can be presumed that the 3D slider is not working.

I was wondering since I can't alter the 3D settings, is there a way I can flash a custom firmware or something that doesn't require this initial 3D setup so I can finally use my 3DS again?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME IT'S POSSIBLE! :'(

Is the console softmodded (using A9LH)?
Do you have a NAND backup?

If answer is NO, I think only repaiiring it will make it work again.
Maybe @gamesquest1 can do it. Is in UK.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

Yaseen Ahammed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the console softmodded (using A9LH)?
Do you have a NAND backup?

If answer is NO, I think only repaiiring it will make it work again.
Maybe @gamesquest1 can do it. Is in UK.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

Hey thanks for helping!

I'm not sure if my console is, see, I bought the console second hand so there is a possibilty that it could be (any way to figure out?), since it's second hand; I wouldn't have any NAND backups :(.

Update: I've managed to get into some sort of system recovery mode which only allows me to connect to the internet and update the firmware, any ideas?

Last edited by Yaseen Ahammed,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you haven't passed the initial Setup, updating it through Recovery won't solve your problem.
On the contrary, it will put your console on latest version and will still ask you to go through the initial Setup.

Maybe you can try to wobble the slider and see if it let's you pass it.

Or, just send it to repair.

zlyczarny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Ah I did it! It took me 3 days, but its alive! thanks!

Reactions: Quantumcat

David Hermosillo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone, I've been reading that I can use my old R4 on my 3ds, but I'm wondering how, by the way, there's everything I have:

- 2DS
- sysNAND 9.2
- emuNAND 11.0
- HomeMenuHax
- Luma 6.0.1 (I believe is the last version)
- And of course, is the original R4, the black one, I believe it was the first one launched, I'll post the link of the page:

http://www.r4ds.me

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time for my dumb issue...

I'm trying to get ssb4 working on my o3ds. I have both a cart copy and a cia installed on it, but neither boot. I have tried luma (5.5 and 6.whatever) and corbenik (the nightly because I'm too lazy for stable). Both just result in a black screen for both the cia and the cart (the backlight isn't even on, it just sits there being blank, I have left it like this for half an hour). The cia should be working as I have it on my n3ds and it works fine (I don't care too much about this though), and my cart isn't broken as it also works in my n3ds. Other cias and carts play in my o3ds. I have tried deleting the update and dlc both of which do not solve the problem.

edit: tried cakes 175 for the lols, same issue
I would have my luma 5.5 patches, but it's been a while and I deleted that config for a new one

luma 6.x
autoboot sysnand
sysnand firm
enable region emu
show current nand
show gba boot screen

skeith
svc backdoor
autoboot
use loader replacement

title dg fix
block nim updates
settings version string
firm protetion
region free home
ro sig fix
sig fix

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I've been reading that I can use my old R4 on my 3ds, but I'm wondering how, by the way, there's everything I have:

- 2DS
- sysNAND 9.2
- emuNAND 11.0
- HomeMenuHax
- Luma 6.0.1 (I believe is the last version)
- And of course, is the original R4, the black one, I believe it was the first one launched, I'll post the link of the page:

http://www.r4ds.me
I believe this is what you are looking for. https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/

Reactions: David Hermosillo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1