3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. I keep getting an error in FBI injected into H&S
    The error reads as follows
    "Failed to install CIA File"
    "Result code: 0xD9004589"
    "Level: Permanant(27)"
    "Summary:Wrong Argument (8)"
    "Module: FS (17)"
    "Desc: <unknown> (393)"

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    What are you trying to install? The downgrader?

3. Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2009
    United Kingdom
    OK! I'm on 9.2 now, I guess I do what Amapola said and start at part1 to get menuhax and homebrewmenu working then skip the downgrade section etc?

4. Tinyformat

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Turns out my Micro SD management info was corrupted. Now it installed perfectly.

5. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    after you get menu hax working and stuff. Just make back up nand before you start.
    Okay, i guess start on part 4 and proceed to get the otp file.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jul 21, 2016
  6. Amapola62

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    Once on 9.2 you do part 1, skip most of the downgrade section execpt for the last two steps, then you switch to part 4 if you already have an Emunand ^^

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  7. Shadowlurker

Feb 11, 2009
    United Kingdom
    OK, Can't seem to get into homebrew menu, upon hitting the right side of the slider, the screen flashes yellow and grey only to freeze on a red screen on the bottom. Is this a common freeze or is there a bigger issue?

8. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Is common, try again, is not perfect.

9. Shadowlurker

Feb 11, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Ok got homebrew menu and menuhax working now so skipping the downgrade stuff and the rednand stuff except doing another nand backup and adding Luma3ds to my sd card, that sound right?

Edit* seems backing up of the nand is part of the downgrade section anyway, so just adding Luma3ds to my sd card?

Last edited by Shadowlurker, Jul 21, 2016
  10. Felix954

Felix954 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2016
    United States
    Hello, I need to sign on to the Internet for smashbros to let me use the online mode for smashbroshax. How do i make sure that neither my SYSNAND or Game cart versions update?

EDIT: sry my quotes did not show up, I am trying to install CFW on new3dsxl v10.7.0-32 with the plailect guide.

Last edited by Felix954, Jul 21, 2016
  11. Amapola62

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    Copy the Luma3DS.dat file, the 3ds folder, and the luma folder from the Luma3DS zip to the root of your SD car
    Open Luma3DS (this can sometimes black screen, just try again)
    Activate "Show current NAND in System Settings"
    Press Start to boot Emunand
    You must launch Luma3DS from the Homebrew Launcher every time you want to boot EmuNAND
    As your 3DS is setup right now, you must launch Luma3DS from the Homebrew Launcher every time you want to boot EmuNAND; by the end of the guide you will boot into CFW SysNAND by default instead of having to use EmuNAND

Last edited by Amapola62, Jul 21, 2016
  12. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    How can you dump a private header from games on 3DS?

13. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Did you follow how to set up smashhax?

14. Felix954

Felix954 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2016
    United States
  15. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Okay, it says to delete the update data from the game if it's past 1.1.2 version, then when it ask to update just skip it. Skip any prompts for update. Smash hax doesn't require online mode set up to use. :)

As for the setup, sorry but i really dunno nothing about unbutu or linux to be much help. It seem way more complicated than i can tell and not many use it to my knowledge, since there is easier and simple exploits.

16. Felix954

Felix954 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2016
    United States
    Do any of them work with version 10.7.0-32? or do i keep trying to figure smashbroshax out? lol

17. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Did you check the list of homebrew exploits available on the first part of the guide? :)

18. Felix954

Felix954 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2016
    United States
    yes, I saw those. this seemed to be the only one that did not need a gamesaves or a second 3ds. out of that list which is considered easiest?

Edit: BTW thanks for your quick replies and help.

19. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well considering by the way you sound you need a primary exploit so i guess Freaky hax would be best. or cubic ninja, but good lucking finding a copy for inexpesive prices. Scalpers are not gonna play nice. :(

I honestly think your better off trying to get smash hax to work. finding one of the other secondary exploits (one requiring save files exploits) and power saves could be cheaper in my opinion or at least one person who can run homebrew to help would be cheaper than buying freaky forms deluxe or cubic ninja from scalpers :)

But since you have one option , and want to save money, you should keep trying or maybe follow the guide. Ask for help on setup if you need it. Don't buy games you don't honestly want just for exploit, or stuff like over priced items will happen. (of course is one reason why is expensive now)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jul 21, 2016
  20. iViperz

iViperz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2015
    Well after hours of work getting this A9LH to work, I can proudly say I have CFW Sysnand working on my N3DSXL :D

I'm just a little confused and was hoping someone could answer here... Why do the instructed prompt us to re-inject the stock hs.app back onto sysnand? Wouldn't it be ideal to just keep FBI to install .cia files?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted