• Views 4,469,663
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

phazer

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
1. It doesn't. With A9LH we have Arm9 privileges at boot time, before the system initializes, so we can run them at boot time through Luma3DS' chainloader feature. If on another CFW, you'll need a boot manager (which is what I do). You no longer need Homebrew Channel to do this, you'll need it for other stuff that requires it, but not for this and because they don't work by launching them from there. And for creating Xorpads, then yeah that's a good reason, if it was just to do NAND backups, then I wouldn't suggest it, as Hourglass9 does that.

2. If you setup A9LH+Luma3DS as instructed, then yes, just hold Start at boot time to load up Hourglass9, and restore that emuNAND backup to sysNAND, you'll of course have to update it 11.0.0 if you want. You should already have a sysNAND backup of your current sysNAND, but it doesn't hurt to add one more if you really want another. Use Hourglass9 to backup and restore. I am aware you can use Decrypt9WIP for this, but you will have to remember to use the (keep a9lh) option when using that, it's better to use Hourglass9, as it removes you having to worry about remembering that.

Thanks for that information, that helps a lot. Decrypt9 runs using the chainloader :-)

mgmckee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi again ive another question about redNAND. where it says Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings on plailects tut does that mean update system while in emuNAND?

Last edited by mgmckee,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's sad. :(

How about Sky3ds+? would it work for me?
Sky3DS+ works on consoles on 11.0.0-33 just fine. However, how it works is it emulates the game you want to play. And is limited to retail releases. You'll still need Homebrew Access if you want to play out-of-region games, and possibly HANS if you need region//language emulation for said out-of-region games. As I've said, since it's limited to retail cartridge releases, you won't be able download and use eshop only titles on the Sky3DS+.

At the current moment, you need a hardmod to downgrade for 11.0.0-33, a Sky3DS+ does not remove this requirement.

Hey guys!

I just installed arm9loaderhax on both my N3DS and my girlfriend's O3DS.

I have installed legit CIA's of all the Pokémon-games.
My girlfriend wants to redeem a code for a specific pokémon. How do I go about doing that? Is it OK to just do it from regular EShop (we're both on the latest firmware), or do I have to go through the EShop in Homebrew Launcher?
There is nothing special you need to do. You claim the code as the code requires you to. CFW does not remove region locks on those code promotions though. So don't try claiming a EUR-only event on a USA console, and so on and so forth.

I installed a9lh successfully (following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki) and now I have two problems left.

Previously i have dual emunand/sysnand with gateway in order to install legit cia on my sysnand.
GOAL : i want to get back my encrypted saves of tomodachi.
I have my old sysnand.bin (4.4), i have a copy of my old nintendo3DS folder (where the saves are).

1. How to access to luma config ? In HL, i tried select + launch luma : nothing happens
2. So is it possible to boot in my old sysnand, like rename it emunand.bin and L+start (if enabled in luma cfg), or create a partition (how)
3. no risk at all ? Backup my 11.0-sysnand-luma-A9HL (how)
4. extract my saves with JKSM and put it back with same legit cia of tomodachi ?
5. remove old sysnand (previously renamed emunand.bin)
6. reboot and i'm back in my 11.0-sysnand-luma-A9HL ?

My son get a N3DS but with 11.0 firmware.... I have a copy of freakyform deluxe so i can use freakyhax so i have access to HL.
But i can't follow the Plailect to install A9HL and CFW ? Is it correct ? (Can't downgrade right now when start from 11.0 fw)

THX
1. If you have A9LH installed, then that's not how you do it. Forget what you know about menuhax. It's not the same on A9LH. Now, while the device is off. Press and hold select, while turning it on. Tada! Your in the luma config screen~ Neat huh?
2. If it's 4.4, no. Luma does not support a system version that old. You'll just get a black screen, always.
3. Use Hourglass9 to make backups and restore backups... but again A9LH+Luma3DS won't boot 4.4.... And I'm not aware of any CFW that'll do the job on an A9LH setup.
4. Well, that's how you would do it, using JKSM if you had a valid bootable sysNAND backup for use with A9LH.
5. I am starting to think you are just asking the same thing over and over, use Hourglass9 to restore backups.
6. Sigh.

As for the n3DS with 11.0.0-33, you need a hardmod to downgrade it. At least you have access to Homebrew which is something.

Yes :O so what can I do with this firmware? anyway I want to thank you for your help
So if you got there by way of cartridge update, then sadly, you'll need a cartridge based exploit, like as if you were on 10.6 or 10.7.

Sys 11.0.0-33E - is there a way to install GB games (specifically pokemon Yellow) cia installs fine but it hands on the nintendo logo. not sure if i need to add something to root to actually run it or if i cant because my versions too high. :)

ontop of that is there any CIA installers that display the actual game name to uninstall (bit confusing googling the unique ID's and "CTR-" codes to sometimes get no results at all.
Use FBI as your CIA Installer. As for the problem with Pokemon Yellow, if you're in the same region as the game's .cia, then just visit it's eshop page, scroll all the way down, and do a repair game. (I hear visiting the page is all you need, but for a 10MB game, I just do the repair, it makes me happy for some reason.)

hi again ive another question about redNAND. where it says Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings on plailects tut does that mean update system while in emuNAND?
If you're using EmuNAND and not RedNAND, then pretend it says EmuNAND anytime you see RedNAND.

But yeah, you want to update your EmuNAND, be sure to be in EmuNAND, in other words, you should be seeing Emu in front of the system version, while inside the system settings.

Edit: All right fam~ Think I've answered most questions asked, that I actually could answer~ If you have anymore, keep them coming~ ^_^

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install .cia games on sys 11.0.0 if I can access homebrew?
OFW 11.0.0-33, as in stock. No. You can't. Not even legit .cia's from last I heard. We need kernel access for that, which we still don't have available publicly (those damn clever devs are on it though, <3 so you'll just have to wait until they find something worth releasing).

mgmckee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky3DS+ works on consoles on 11.0.0-33 just fine. However, how it works is it emulates the game you want to play. And is limited to retail releases. You'll still need Homebrew Access if you want to play out-of-region games, and possibly HANS if you need region//language emulation for said out-of-region games. As I've said, since it's limited to retail cartridge releases, you won't be able download and use eshop only titles on the Sky3DS+.

At the current moment, you need a hardmod to downgrade for 11.0.0-33, a Sky3DS+ does not remove this requirement.

There is nothing special you need to do. You claim the code as the code requires you to. CFW does not remove region locks on those code promotions though. So don't try claiming a EUR-only event on a USA console, and so on and so forth.

1. If you have A9LH installed, then that's not how you do it. Forget what you know about menuhax. It's not the same on A9LH. Now, while the device is off. Press and hold select, while turning it on. Tada! Your in the luma config screen~ Neat huh?
2. If it's 4.4, no. Luma does not support a system version that old. You'll just get a black screen, always.
3. Use Hourglass9 to make backups and restore backups... but again A9LH+Luma3DS won't boot 4.4.... And I'm not aware of any CFW that'll do the job on an A9LH setup.
4. Well, that's how you would do it, using JKSM if you had a valid bootable sysNAND backup for use with A9LH.
5. I am starting to think you are just asking the same thing over and over, use Hourglass9 to restore backups.
6. Sigh.

As for the n3DS with 11.0.0-33, you need a hardmod to downgrade it. At least you have access to Homebrew which is something.

So if you got there by way of cartridge update, then sadly, you'll need a cartridge based exploit, like as if you were on 10.6 or 10.7.

Use FBI as your CIA Installer. As for the problem with Pokemon Yellow, if you're in the same region as the game's .cia, then just visit it's eshop page, scroll all the way down, and do a repair game. (I hear visiting the page is all you need, but for a 10MB game, I just do the repair, it makes me happy for some reason.)

If you're using EmuNAND and not RedNAND, then pretend it says EmuNAND anytime you see RedNAND.

But yeah, you want to update your EmuNAND, be sure to be in EmuNAND, in other words, you should be seeing Emu in front of the system version, while inside the system settings.

Edit: All right fam~ Think I've answered most questions asked, that I actually could answer~ If you have anymore, keep them coming~ ^_^

Lol and do I have to downgrade again just to play cia?

Roaek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Im sure i was told if i had dlc installed (MHX) and other games, i couldnt visit the eshop on A9LH without it causing some kinda problem? or was that just bs lol

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure i was told if i had dlc installed (MHX) and other games, i couldnt visit the eshop on A9LH without it causing some kinda problem? or was that just bs lol
Actually that's not complete bs. You losing unpaid DLC (I assume that's we are talking about and not free DLC) - Can happen. The cause is unknown and not everyone experiences it. But that's the only problem.

You could also cryptofix Pokemon Yellow on your own. You'd need Decrpt9 for this though. Then you'd just install that. The eshop method is far easier tho.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old 3DS

So i need atleast 4gb of space in the SD right? *sorry if this question is too stupid
Yup, about that much. I am assuming you already have menuhax+redNAND//emuNAND setup, going by your signature.

Then just do as the guide tells you in the Get Started section:
"If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4. Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that."
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yup, about that much. I am assuming you already have menuhax+redNAND//emuNAND setup, going by your signature.

Then just do as the guide tells you in the Get Started section:
"If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4. Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that."
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
Okay, Thanks for answering! n.n

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay