ROM Hack 3DS Mii Modifier (Computer Utility)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 87,345
  • Replies 400
  • Likes 24

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave the new release a very thorough testing, and I'm very impressed :) However, I found a few bugs. The program successfully changes my main Mii's pants to gold, but sharing is set to off for some reason and I can't change it back for him. However, I can still use my main Mii for streetpass, but I'm unsure if it having sharing disabled will affect streetpassing. Another bug I noticed was that enabling copying for Mii's obtained though QR codes or other methods doesn't work at all, and neither does changing their names or creator names. Mii's obtained from someone remain unaffected, but I haven't yet tried giving them golden pants to see if that works.
Anyway, good work GamerDudeK. :) I'll be actively testing your program with joy.

D

Deleted User

OP
@DrakeLyon Thanks for the testing!

The reason the QR one doesn't work is because of the different format, I might have to check out the format to see how it works. I don't have a QR Mii though, so I might need to borrow someones CFL_DB.dat. They can PM me it sometime and I'll see what I can figure out.

As well, sharing gets disabled for the main Mii to make it gold. Streetpassing still works, it's just a Nintendo bug that you can't change it :P

Reactions: DrakeLyon

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

You totally caught my interest with the ability to change personal Miis to be special. I will be using this program to do so, however, I am just extremely curious as to what method you followed to convert personal Miis?? I can convert regular miis to gold pants through HxD without issue, but I have yet to figure out how to change my personal mii....

**Edit: compared CFL files after running your program. Totally saw what you did there to convert the personal mii, so never mind! Thanks a lot for the program!**

Last edited by Skelanimal,

Alex3dss

Unmotivated and depressed
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3DS Mii Modifier

DISCLAIMER:
THIS PROGRAM IS NOT PERFECT AND LIKELY NEVER WILL BE!
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR MIIS, SO MAKE FREQUENT BACK-UPS!

This program requires .NET Framework 4.0 to run!

Finally, I have finished my 3DS Mii Modifier program!
A picture is available here, here, and here (Sorry, I'm having a difficult time embedding images)
THE DOWNLOAD IS ATTACHED TO THIS POST!

With this tool you are able to modify:

• If the Mii is special
  • If the Mii can be shared
  • If the Mii can be copied
  • The name of the Mii
  • The Mii's creator's name
  • If your personal Mii is special (CURRENTLY UNSTABLE)
This program will allow you to modify any Mii.
NOTE: This program cannot create new Miis, only modify existing ones!

This program requires a 'CFL_DB.dat' file that can be dumped from your 3DS by using this homebrew.

The fixcrc.exe program inside of the zip file is required to run properly! DO NOT REMOVE IT!

This only saves the Mii you are currently editing, any modifications to other Miis will not be saved and will require you to select them after saving if you wish to edit those ones!

EDIT: One thing to note about the instructions, is that I put single quotations (') around filenames and directories. You should not include those unless I explicitly say.

Update Logs:
v1.2: Creator naming support, some personal Mii editing, and other tweaks
v1.1: Created an updated parser which should fix some reading and writing errors
v1.0: Released

Feature Requests:

• Support for editing QR Miis

1. Download the 'extdata_dump' homebrew from this thread.
  2. Install this homebrew on your 3DS (if you don't know how, just Google it :D)
  3. Boot up to The Homebrew Launcher and run 'extdata_dump'.
  4. Select the option: 'Dump all extdata to sd card'
  5. Wait for it to complete. (A "Success" message should appear) Then, press 'B' to exit the homebrew, press start and then 'A' to reboot your 3DS to the home menu. From there, shut down your 3DS
  6. Load up your sd card on your computer, or via an ftp server and navigate to the directory that contains the 'extdata_dump' homebrew.
  7. There should be a directory called 'dumps', enter that directory. Then go into the directory 'f000000b'. In there, there should be a file called 'CFL_DB.dat'. Copy this onto your computer and you're ready for the next section!

1. Go to the directory where you have the 'CFL_DB.dat' file. MAKE A BACKUP!
  2. Open up '3DSMiiModifierV1.2.exe' (MAKE SURE YOU UNZIPPED 3DSMiiModifierV1.2.zip) and a GUI will be displayed.
  3. Click 'Browse...' and navigate to your 'CFL_DB.dat' file or drag the file onto the program.
  4. It will load, and all of your Miis (except your current Mii) will be displayed in the drop down box.
  5. If you want to change if your personal Mii is special or not, check the box that says 'Celebrity/Gold Pants (PERSONAL MII)'. THIS FEATURE IS CURRENTLY UNSTABLE!
  6. Select the Mii you want to modify from the drop down box.
  7. Modify the fields until you have done what you desire! A short explanation of the fields:
  • Celebrity/Gold Pants: Will make your Mii have gold pants and act as a special Mii (visit the extdata_dump thread and read the posts for people's observations. (THIS WILL ALWAYS BE DISABLED IF YOU ENABLE SHARING)
  • Allow Copying: Allows your Mii to be copied by others.
  • Allow Sharing: Allows your Mii to be shared with other. (THIS WILL ALWAYS BE DISABLED IF YOU ENABLE CELEBRITY/GOLD PANTS)
  • Mii Name: Modifies your Mii's name. The length of the name is limited to 10 characters, this is enforced by the program!
  • Creator Name: Modifies the creator name of the Mii. Same restrictions for naming as the Mii Name field.
8. When you have modified to your desire, click 'Apply and Save'. A command prompt window will show up and then disappear, THIS IS NORMAL! The program is just calculating the checksum.
9. When the "Save Progress: " text displays that the current Mii is saved, that the checksum was updated, and the file reloaded, you're good and everything worked well.
10. Continue modifying if you wish.
11. If you're done modifying, continue onto the next section!

1. Open up the directory with the modified 'CFL_DB.dat'.
  2. Copy the file into the 'extdata_dump' directory.
  3. Now, modify 'config.txt' so that the contents match this line (Make sure to include the quotation marks!):
RESTORE "CFL_DB.dat" "f000000b:/CFL_DB.dat"

4. The above line will only work if the file is placed in the same folder as the 'extdata_dump.3dsx' and is named 'CFL_DB.dat'
5. Load up the Homebrew Launcher, and start 'extdata_dump'.
6. This time, select 'Restore extdata specified in config'.
7. Wait until the message "Success!" appears, then when you end up at the main screen, you can hit 'B' to return to the Homebrew Launcher.
8. Return to the Home Menu, and boot up Mii Maker. It should show your modified Miis at this point!
9. If it did not work properly, chances are your Miis may have disappeared. To fix this, you can restore the backup you made by placing in the 'extdata_dump' directory and naming it 'CFL_DB.dat'. Then follows steps 5-7.
10. Congrats! You're done!

If you have found an error with my steps, or a bug in the program, please post here and I will try to fix it as soon as possible! :)

Credit:
smealum -- for making 3DS homebrew possible!
RachelB -- for the fixcrc.exe program which calculates the new checksum!
MrCheeze -- for creating 'extdata_dump' which allowed the community to dump Mii data!
This Linked Thread -- I discovered a lot of information about this topic from here! Thank you all!
Me -- For programming the tool!
Sorry if this is already asked, but were can I find config.txt for importing the CFL_DB.dat ???
And what do I actually have to do inside that file?

EDIT: I cant even find a config.txt file

EDIT: NVM I already know how to

Last edited by Alex3dss,
D

Deleted User

OP
@DrakeLyon That's too bad :mellow:

I've been taking a break from development for a while because of other things I've been doing.

I might work on it again sometime, but for now the most recent release will probably be the last release for a while.

Thank you all again for using my program! :yaynds:

Reactions: DrakeLyon

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently tried editing my Miis again and I'm getting an unhandled exception
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at _3DSMiiModifier.Form1.parseFields(String file, Int32 miiIndex)
at _3DSMiiModifier.Form1.saveButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
3DSMiiModifier
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/3DSMiiModifierV1.2/3DSMiiModifierV1.2.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.93.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Chrestomanci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I tried to use your program, but I get a "Load Error! No Miis Detected!" when I select CFL_DB.dat. I wonder if the file I have is from my sysnand (where I have no Miis) and not my emunand.

skrlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi Dude, it works with a new 3ds 9.0.0-U? i have gateway and usually use ntr cfw, thanks for the answer n_n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock