ROM Hack 3DS Mii Modifier (Computer Utility)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 88,336
  • Replies 400
  • Likes 24

Dru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to use this and it just gives me
NFYwA0A.png

Is this because of the new updates to mii plaza recently?

Edit: Got it to work by running as admin, odd.

Last edited by Dru,
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay,
STATUS UPDATE:

Been working on the homebrew (sorry, I'm slow (and it's my first homebrew)) and I've made it load the proper extdata (thanks to extdata_dump source code :)), back it up to the filesystem, load from the filesystem and then output part of the file to the console.

So, I've uploaded said test build to this post and if possible could you guys run it (press within the homebrew 'A' to start the process) and confirm that the last line on the bottom console is
'Buf: CFOG'
minus the quotes of course.

So step wise:
1. Start the Mii Modifier homebrew
2. Press 'A'
3. Wait patiently until the program stops logging
4. If you see 'Buf: CFOG' minus quotes, awesome! I can program :D. Otherwise, please let know of the error by posting a screenshot (press Home while in the app, then extract it using Screenshot tool) and post it here. If someone else posted the same error as you, please don't post the same error again, it won't help with anything.

Anyway, development will continue and source will be released when it has it's first release.

Thanks,
GDK :D

Attachments

• MMHTestVer0.1.zip
    86 KB · Views: 156

Dru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay,
STATUS UPDATE:

Been working on the homebrew (sorry, I'm slow (and it's my first homebrew)) and I've made it load the proper extdata (thanks to extdata_dump source code :)), back it up to the filesystem, load from the filesystem and then output part of the file to the console.

So, I've uploaded said test build to this post and if possible could you guys run it (press within the homebrew 'A' to start the process) and confirm that the last line on the bottom console is
'Buf: CFOG'
minus the quotes of course.

So step wise:
1. Start the Mii Modifier homebrew
2. Press 'A'
3. Wait patiently until the program stops logging
4. If you see 'Buf: CFOG' minus quotes, awesome! I can program :D. Otherwise, please let know of the error by posting a screenshot (press Home while in the app, then extract it using Screenshot tool) and post it here. If someone else posted the same error as you, please don't post the same error again, it won't help with anything.

Anyway, development will continue and source will be released when it has it's first release.

Thanks,
Would love to help test, how do i use these files? ive only ever used .cia's my o3ds has arm9 and luma, i just started doing this stuff 3 weeks ago and I'm still kinda nooby to different methods

Dru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind if I ask, what tool do you use to get a screenshot?
There is an app in the homebrew launcher called screenshot tool, the 3ds takes screenshots in homebrew or the eshop when you press the home button and you can use that to convert the screenshots into png's and drag them from your sd card, otherwise you could use this https://github.com/RedInquisitive/Screenshot-Tool

Reactions: hiten
D

Deleted User

OP
Does anyone have specifics on how the CRC checksum is calculated for the CFL_DB.dat?

If so, could you please explain so that I can code that functionality into the tool.
(I also wouldn't mind pseudo-code or C code :))

Thanks in advance,
GDK:D

Okay, found something with a source so yay!
Source

Thanks a lot @zoogie for posting that! :D

Development continues...

Last edited by , , Reason: Found source
Reactions: Dru
D

Deleted User

OP
STATUS UPDATE:
This code is taking much longer to create than I would've expected, however I am making progress. I plan to release an alpha version with just gold editing access within 2 weeks.

I've been working away at this code so hopefully I can get closer to release bit by bit.

In the mean time, phijor released a tool called SpecializeMii which can make your Mii have golden pants and can be found here: https://github.com/phijor/SpecializeMii

Thanks for sticking with me everyone and the progress is only coming slowly because of the amount of stuff I am learning.

Thanks to all,

D

Deleted User

OP
I will be releasing an alpha version tomorrow that allows viewing characteristics of your Miis.
I will be accepting bug reports, but I won't be offering a lot of support because it is just an alpha.

See you tomorrow,

Reactions: hiten and Exavold
D

Deleted User

OP
Happy Weekend!

No serious work will happen this weekend, but the Alpha v0.2 will be uploaded to this post.
Only .3dsx for now because that's what I was testing with.
There are 4 options you can choose from (minus 'Quit') so hopefully they work for everyone :)

Same information as above applies.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Attachments

• MMHTestVer0.2.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: Slattz

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
@GamerDudeK Tried out the app, it's so cool knowing the details of my Mii :P I've already encountered something, not really an error, but it doesn't display special characters in names correctly. Not sure if thats something beyond your control or a better lib is needed or something, just thought I'd share :) Great Work! :D

D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah, UTF-16 parsing was playing nice, and I didn't want to include the system font, so I just left it as UTF-8 parsing
Thanks for testing :D

D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, I'll be sure to double check that in the future :)
Thanks for all the testing :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1