ROM Hack 3DS Mii Modifier (Computer Utility)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 88,344
  • Replies 400
  • Likes 24

Mrremrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally fixed my missing MSVCR120.dll by going here, but now when I clicked "restore" on my Nintendo 3DS, it says:
Restoring to/CFL_DB.dat
archive getfilessize() ret=0x00000009, size =0X00000000
copying failed!

(I spent more than three hours finding my missing MSVCR120.dll and I feel very exhausted).

Master Dimentio

The Pleaser Of Crowds
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you edit a Mii on this modifier that other wise can't be edit, does it allow you be able to edit said uneditable mii? Also if you change settings through the modifier to for example make it sharable and change the creator name, could you send it's QR code to a friend and it would be received exactly the same as when you had it?

D

Deleted User

OP
@Ryccardo
Even after doing what you suggested (changing all the values for the new system), it still didn't work.
I'll just make some new ones right now and not too big of a loss anyway :mellow:

EDIT:
Miis are now setup for Development, up first is to finish (or at least progress on) REing the Mii format (I know it's on 3dbrew, but I want to be absolutely sure for the values so that we all know). Then I will do some stuff on the program, and then I want to figure out the QR format completely for the purpose of being able to do Mii -> QR. Finally, I then want to implement an easy file format to allow us to just share specific Miis from the program

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Ryccardo
D

Deleted User

OP
This is what happens when you start messing around with Mii formats :ha::
Mii Plaza.png

On a more serious side, making progress and I've figured out a decent amount of stuff about the Miis. I still have more to go though.

EDIT:
Can anyone think of a One or the Other or Yes/No option for the Miis other than the Favourite, Gender, Sharing, or Copying options?

@MuscleMuscleHust
Sounds like a problem with your extdata_dump config or just in general. Ask in the extdata_dump thread as they will probably be able to help you better :)

Last edited by , , Reason: Added a request
Reactions: Feeling it!

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This project seems to be getting along well! Would it be possible to add a copy/paste mii function to overwrite a previous mii?

D

Deleted User

OP
@Slattz
I will see, that shouldn't be too difficult.

Progress Report:
I've decrypted most of the Mii Format (only a couple bytes left) and have done some comparing using the 3dbrew page as well.
Whoever put the stuff on 3dbrew was right about most things, but I've made some corrections in my studies.
After I've completed the decryption, I'm going to work on the QR Format and then double check some values I still need to investigate.
I'm also considering making this a homebrew application instead of a computer program (though I might update it as well)

Would you guys rather it stay a computer program or have it be a homebrew application?

Reactions: Ryccardo

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I think a homebrew version would be great because it would speed up the process a lot for the end user and there wouldn't be any switching between devices. If you can do everything the PC program does but on the console itself then it makes the PC program unnecessary. Also perhaps a cia version for CFW users would be nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY