Hacking 3DS may spell end to Ninty's piracy woes.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
ds mode = already cracked - will possibly load up instantly on a 3ds with no update
dsi mode = cracked but the person who did it doesnt want to release info , limited interest in cracking - possibility of loading games of sd card - end of flash cards ...
3ds = alot of interest so more effort then on a dsi we could see something for it in the first year or so

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
FireGrey said:
_Chaz_ said:
Another World said:
FireGrey said:
Would it be very nice to have a flashcart with only afew games and nothing else to fit?

i only have 1 response to that: http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdxc

-another world
2 TB would be more than enough for me.
It's like everyone will have enough to afford a MicroSDXC...
If you can afford a 3DS, you can afford a MicroSDXC
Well of course people have enough to buy them but they'll be too expensive, like if you saw Water-in-a-Can for $50 at the shops would you buy it, it just isn't worth it...

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If Nintendo would only start giving its games away for free, we wouldn't have any pirating!

Nintendo, when will you learn?
wink.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
The PS3 has shown us that it's possible to make a system that doesn't get hacked in the first few years.
I'll be interested to see how the 3DS goes in the anti-piracy stakes.
The fact that some highly anticipated games are being developed for it gives more incentive for it to be hacked than the DSi, so it wouldn't surprise me if some sort of piracy for it came around pretty quickly.

I'll be buying a 3Ds as soon as they are available simply because of the cool new hardware. 3D screen, 3D camera...

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
I'm getting pissed off right now...
NINTENDO SAID THEY WILL BOOST AP!!!AND THEY MEAN IT!!!
Some big companies are scared of putting games on the DS... (like who?)
But the 3DS...If they have to they will call in the big guns, like make apple do the Anti-piracy (no they won't, plus Apple AP is just as bad as Ninty's), no matter how much money they will have to spend...And anyway, don't you guys remember that the 3DS automatically downloads information, they are obviously gonna make it auto-up-datable aswell. (so the flashcarts will be updateable, like many DSi carts are already)
Forget it Ninjarers (what the hell are you talking about)/Piraters whatever...Anyway...the 3DS will have games 1-2GB!!!
Would it be very nice to have a flashcart with only afew games and nothing else to fit? (Better than only one game per cart)
PLEASE NINTENDO MAKE IT UNHACKABLE!
HACKING JUST RUINS ALL THE FUN, I KNOW THAT I HACK BUT STILL...(hypocrite)THERE ARE OTHERS HACKING AND ITS JUST SO HARD, THIS IS SOMEONE WITH 3 R4s SPEAKING... (that sentence made no sense and I can't even attempt to fix it)

EDIT: AND IF THE 3DS WAS HACKED THEN SIMS 3, METAL GEAR SOLID, ETC...WON'T HAVE ANYMORE GAMES ON THE 3DS, THIS IS THE MAIN REASON I DON'T WANT IT TO BE HACKED (I still see The Sims on DS, seems like they haven't been 'scared off')
Overall, 0/10.
Umad.jpg

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
It's like everyone will have enough to afford a MicroSDXC...

... except it'll probably be cheaper to buy one of them than 2 new 3DS games, and they would hold what, like 15 games? people are too cheap when it comes to flashcarts, they still save money.

(sorry for off topic ish ness)

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lostreverie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MicroSDXC? Guys, don't count on it. Flash prices just have not been falling like we thought they would...

Regular 64GB SDXC cards are costing at lowest around $220 now, and a 32GB MicroSD is $200. The low end 64GB MicroSDXC cards, assuming they are out at the end of the year, will probably be around or above those price points.

That said, you will probably be able to get by with a regular 32GB card. These games will be 1-2GB, and probably later on we will see a small number of high budget games coming out on 4GB cards. But many games that come out on 2GB cards may actually only be using, say, 1.5GB of that space.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
that’s just a silly statement from someone with an outside perspective. if only 98% of the users knew the truth for why some things have gone unreported and unreleased. loopy did publically announce that he cracked the encryption but would not release it for personal reasons.

Which apparently couldn't have caused much of an upset... 'cuz nobody cares. There's not enough to gain by cracking the DSi that can't be done with the current range of DSi flashcarts. If he has a crack and doesn't want to release it, then it's probably because the only possible use of a DSi mode crack would be to encourage piracy.

I doubt someone would hold back with a 3DS crack, though, considering the entire scene would cease to exist without one.

If there's so much that most of us don't know about the goings on, though, I'm open to a source of this mysterious information.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adgloride said:
If the protection can't be broke (Which I doubt). Nintendo will soon be seeing that the 3DS is doing badly on sales.
Like Sony with PS3 sales.

Oh wait.

Quite frankly seeing how big the Nintendo brand name is, they could easily do well. They do well as it is on games sales.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't see a problem here.

Look at the iPhone. Apple has best people working on the protection of their devices' firmwares - and still even a child of 8 can jailbreak every Apple portable device.

The thing that drives hacking is interest in the platform. Millions of people go crazy over the Iphone - cracked! iPad - cracked in days. Not to mention the Wii and the 360.

The only reason I see the PS3 isn't hacked is it's launch. There were almost no good exclusives in 2006 - so the initial momentum was lost, Sony took their time to improve the protection. When Dark Alex quit, he said the PSP protection went like 90% up since launch, and that they were still using some exploits they found in early firmwares.

Now, the Wii was hacked quickly because of the interest in motion gaming. X360- because of its early launch and interest in next-gen graphics. The PSP - because it had mind-blowing game quality, DS- because of the great library.

The only reason of the Dsi is not hacked is the lack of interest, Sure, DsiWare has some good titles - but they are not killer apps. If it was a full-blown Mario or Zelda game, the situation would have changed rapidly, I'm pretty sure. As for SD-loading... come on, the flashcarts are really cheap, no need to bother. Speaking of cheapness, the DsiWare's also pretty cheap, 10 bucks at best, again. no need to bother.

As for 3DS, the interest will be over-the-top. The initial line-up is great. So people will be trying their best to hack it. Having a very good start of the backward compatibility - the very same way it all started on the DS.

And finally, we don't really know, HOW sophisticated the protection will be. It's only natural Nintendo is saying it's so great, you don't expect them to be inviting people to hack their latest machine, do you?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ibis_87 said:
Look at the iPhone. Apple has best people working on the protection of their devices' firmwares - and still even a child of 8 can jailbreak every Apple portable device.
Using tools an actual hacker made.

We're talking actual hackers here, not script kiddies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Shubshub
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one